Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I actually believe world content can replace borrowed power and instanced content just fine. MoP had neither but it had a system of dailies and reputations that was perhaps TOO robust that it ended up being overwhelming.
    I think the big mistake was vastly expanding dailies while at the same time removing the daily cap. People ran themself ragged because they became convinced they had to do all dailies every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Dragonriding will be the "side activity" of Dragonflight, alongside a better focus on open world similiar to Zereth Mortis.
    There is nothing innovative or interesting about Zereth Mortis open world content. It's the same mixture of World Quests, Dailies and Rares we've had forever together with the Mechagon system refitted for purely cosmetics. It was marginally interesting for the first few weeks when there was no flight. Many other MMOs provide far more variety when it comes to world content. It also had a moronic reward structure since you can reach a cap for rewards far too easy and any rewards gained on the way to the cap feel useless; effectively every item you gain early is useless and once you cap, which you do fast compared to how long the content should last, you get all the rewards fairly fast leaving you with no progression. It doesn't even have adequate variety or progression; the pool of world quests is shallow, there is little value in doing the dailies since they give no rep but only rewards you are overflowing with and progresing through story content barely unlocks additional material.
    WoW still has nothing like Rifts invasions which allowed people to join a group automatically; when players tried to create similar functionality through addons Blizzard deemed it intrusive and removed it creating multiphase events randomly in the world. It has nothing like ESO's delves and public dungeons. It rarely makes use of larger events like we had with Quel'Danas and Isle of Thunder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I think the big mistake was vastly expanding dailies while at the same time removing the daily cap. People ran themself ragged because they became convinced they had to do all dailies every day.
    Very much so. We got too much of a good thing. DOesn't change it was a good thing though. Especially given the significant variety (Halfhill alone had probably close to a hundred dailies given each of the friends and cooking masters had their own) and the progression (Klaxxi in particular with rescuing new Paragons at different levels and opening new dailies). MoP had something like Suramar only instead of having it in one zone, it had it in FOUR. Yes, each of the factions had less content than the Nightfallen individually but they all had content, all had progression and gave you even more visual variety.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-06-16 at 10:40 AM.

It sounds like we are getting a return to gated reputation storylines, which is nice. I think they have confirmed that's how it will work for the Tuskarr, the Centaurs, the Explorers and the dragon city.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    It sounds like we are getting a return to gated reputation storylines, which is nice. I think they have confirmed that's how it will work for the Tuskarr, the Centaurs, the Explorers and the dragon city.
    It's what I expect and what would work best considering the zones will probably be the largest zones ever and only parts of them (probably less than half) will even be used for leveling

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think removing the daily cap was a problem. Reputations locked behind dailies(And then other dailies locked behind reputation was annoying).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragonriding will be the "side activity" of Dragonflight, alongside a better focus on open world similiar to Zereth Mortis.
    Hum ? There is absolutely NOTHING new in terms of activities in Zereth Mortis, except mounts crafting, but this is a mindless and stupid grind, so not interesting at all.

They really need to change this. New zones > dailies > WQ > rares/treasures. It's cool the first week, but gets boring as hell right after.

Didnt they say they would have some form of renown in? What if those renown factions fill in the gap that covenants leave considering the cosmetics and activities? I think that the new Renown stuff will just be covenants without the "only pick one" limit and the power gains. I am a bit sad about there not being a new 1-5 players feature like Visions and Torghast again tho. Both are fun as long as they are engaging and aren't needed to be done weekly, but just once for some cosmetics or prestige.

It replaces rep I thought. So you go grind rep through a renown system rather than through exalted.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Didnt they say they would have some form of renown in? What if those renown factions fill in the gap that covenants leave considering the cosmetics and activities? I think that the new Renown stuff will just be covenants without the "only pick one" limit and the power gains. I am a bit sad about there not being a new 1-5 players feature like Visions and Torghast again tho. Both are fun as long as they are engaging and aren't needed to be done weekly, but just once for some cosmetics or prestige.
    No real gameplay content additions is odd, but I feel like people have been begging for non-instanced stuff? It would explain the focus on zones this time as well as the new "overworld content team".

It's no Legion 2 but I have definitely warmed on the expansion since the reveal. Getting to keep (some) Shadowlands abilities is great, zone reputation stories sounds great. Yes, it may be raidlog at endgame, but the story content through the renown system will be ncie up until that point.

I think if there's any new gameplay type thing it will be in 11.0 back on the continents (procedural dungeons has been a big discussion point) but maybe we are seeing a shift away from combat focus beyond raids and dungeons?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Hum ? There is absolutely NOTHING new in terms of activities in Zereth Mortis, except mounts crafting, but this is a mindless and stupid grind, so not interesting at all.

They really need to change this. New zones > dailies > WQ > rares/treasures. It's cool the first week, but gets boring as hell right after.
    What else could you add? More and more stories? I think it's fine to be able to "finish" a zone by completing achievements and the baseline story.

Until we get housing or some kind of infinite furniture crafting/archaeology (see: ESO) there really shouldn't be some way to "live" in zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    WoD was nostalgia-baiting for what?

Warcraft 2? A game that like 1% of the actual playerbase played? What an absolutely idiotic take.
    Don't worry. This is from the same person that claims that "GW2 Perfected flight" when he got proven wrong time and again. Don't take it to seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    What else could you add? More and more stories? I think it's fine to be able to "finish" a zone by completing achievements and the baseline story.

Until we get housing or some kind of infinite furniture crafting/archaeology (see: ESO) there really shouldn't be some way to "live" in zones.
    I can't say I know what to do for World content but it needs more. Not necessarily sure housing would solve it either.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Didnt they say they would have some form of renown in?
    Looking back at a interview/quote they did say that the four main factions will have renown instead of reputation. So they can constantly reward us with cosmetics, new quests, etc. So it does sound like there may be some extra stuff but it doesn't feel like they mean on the same level as covenants or order halls. It feels more like Renown would be the time gate for unlocking more areas rather then being as robust as order halls or covenants. Though maybe they didn't talk about them because they just want to keep details hidden until later in development.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/renown-...neously-326768
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Don't worry. This is from the same person that claims that "GW2 Perfected flight" when he got proven wrong time and again. Don't take it to seriously.
    There WAS plenty of nostalgia in WoD. Look how much BC and Warcraft characters they brought back. Plus the entire setting showing pre-Horde orcs and Draenei.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    There WAS plenty of nostalgia in WoD. Look how much BC and Warcraft characters they brought back. Plus the entire setting showing pre-Horde orcs and Draenei.
    Aah shit, might as well cancel any sequel ever than.. they're just pandering to nostalgia. Seriously, how can people not understand what a sequel/continuation of a story is..

Maybe they will be getting rid of reputations for this expansion? It doesn't seem like there are any factions that aren't represented by the new renown factions, besides maybe the Bronze (unless the Dragon City is including them) or the Gnolls.

7+ Year Old Account
    Aah shit, might as well cancel any sequel ever than.. they're just pandering to nostalgia. Seriously, how can people not understand what a sequel/continuation of a story is..
    Not sure what that overblown reaction was supposed to be. Guy claimed that WoD had zero nostalgia baiting, when Chris Metzen himself said from the Blizzcon stage that it's time to go to the roots of Warcraft universe and that the Horde will redefine itself.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-06-16 at 02:55 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

For other expansions, yes. But WoD definitely had nostalgia. The entire nonsensical plot was nothing but an excuse to build a what-if machine nodding to WCII and TBC via Outland.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2022-06-16 at 02:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    For other expansions, yes. But WoD definitely had nostalgia. The entire nonsensical plot was nothing but an excuse to build a what-if machine nodding to WCII and TBC via Outland.
    The plot made perfect sense and had as much as any other plot in Warcraft. A Bronze dragon opened up a time way with the help of an artifact. The time way was connected to ours and the Iron Horde was created in order to conquer the main time line. Things didn't go as planned and the Legion co-opted it to kick off their own invasion of Azeroth. Sure it allowed a connection to nostalgia but so did TBC and WotLK. That isn't a bad thing.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

What is the preorder bonus going to be? Now that we know it isn't Dark Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    What is the preorder bonus going to be? Now that we know it isn't Dark Rangers.
    there are 2965 pages...To many comments. I readed that the model encrypted associated to the preorder used "vulpera skeleton" so... expect something small :s