Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    pretty sure they said the prof changes were meant to be built upon like the new talent system not just thrown away like the legion changes (wouldn’t call it a revamp), as far as dragon flight goes ya it’s only going to be part of the dragon isle for now but they have been looking to change flying for a while so it’s incredibly likely to be a new base thing, also trying to say it shouldn’t count because it doesn’t apply to old flying zones would be like saying Mythic+ doesn’t count because it’s only legion dungeons onwards.

Invasions would count as being something legion add I suppose, so assuming they don’t throw away the dragon flight systems theh would both be at 3 new base systems, assuming they don’t add any thing yet to be announced
    The "only Dragonflight" thing is just bet hedging. They don't want to say "this is how flying pre-pathfinder will work from now on" because people will lose their shit as always. Instead they present it as an expansion feature and then will gauge how people like it and decide to either leave it in Dragonflight or continue to apply it to every expansion.

The way that it's set up allows easy expandability: More base models and customization options, additional Dragonriding "talents" or "skills" or whatever the tree/progression is called, etc.

Even if they decide against carrying it forward, it's likely the parts of it will be cannabalized into other things, similar to how scenarios etc. were reused. I could see them making future dangerous max-level zones like the Maw, but allowing the dragonriding style flight with a specific customizable mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    They said they would release them before that. Then again, blizzard has always been very prone to just straight up lie.
    Blizzard pretty much never "straight up lies". The problem is exactly what is happening here. People project their own "promised" and "they said"s onto statements and then become convinced it's absolute and then freak out when it doesn't happen.

What was actually said was that they would like to get the talents in front of people for feedback prior to the actual test release.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Did they even say that they will cyclically release talents? Because from what I remember, they shown those two just to explain the system and the rest was just MMO-C users assumptions.
    Yeah I think we assumed we might get regular blogs like with Legion but in Legion they had told us they'd actually do blogs and gave us a schedule. Here they told us they might do blogs, gave no schedule and just released something after two months of silence and Soon (no tm) for alpha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    They said they would release them before that. Then again, blizzard has always been very prone to just straight up lie.

They aren't prone to lying, more like overestimating if they can do something(See SL being delayed all the years ago despite them saying it was still coming
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

https://twitter.com/Qwik/status/1537852576321835008

Mike Ybarra mentioned Blizzard wants to do more content roadmaps like the Overwatch 2 one.

Maybe the delay in WoW news has to do with them locking in dates for a roadmap? That, and dedicating the summer reveals to first be D4 and OW2
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2022-06-17 at 06:55 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    The "only Dragonflight" thing is just bet hedging. They don't want to say "this is how flying pre-pathfinder will work from now on" because people will lose their shit as always. Instead they present it as an expansion feature and then will gauge how people like it and decide to either leave it in Dragonflight or continue to apply it to every expansion.

The way that it's set up allows easy expandability: More base models and customization options, additional Dragonriding "talents" or "skills" or whatever the tree/progression is called, etc.

Even if they decide against carrying it forward, it's likely the parts of it will be cannabalized into other things, similar to how scenarios etc. were reused. I could see them making future dangerous max-level zones like the Maw, but allowing the dragonriding style flight with a specific customizable mount.
    Ya I can absolutely see them trying to avoid definitive statements like Wod’s “flying is gone from now on” as that blew up in there face and they had to back track on it which cost them a lot of dev time.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post

Mike Ybarra mentioned Blizzard wants to do more content roadmaps like the Overwatch 2 one.

Maybe the delay in WoW news has to do with them locking in dates for a roadmap? That, and dedicating the summer reveals to first be D4 and OW2
    Roadmaps are absolutely terrific for controlling player expectations and boosting morale in general (both in-house and externally) - especially when they hit those windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Roadmaps are absolutely terrific for controlling player expectations and boosting morale in general (both in-house and externally) - especially when they hit those windows.
    The only problem is that WoW has forever had a "surprise reveal" culture. For better AND for worse.

I will be shocked if they go through with saying what will be in each patch (maybe hiding themes and story of course) but it would be great to see in WoW. Finally.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Roadmap would be massive step up. They were almost always really incompetent on this field. Beside Legion + smaller windows (for example.. now, since 9.1.5 was put on PTR all the way to 9.2.5 launch we have stable patch cycle - and if Alpha will start within month, continuity will be maintainted), almost every time patch schedule is very chaotic.

The only problem is that WoW has forever had a "surprise reveal" culture. For better AND for worse.

I will be shocked if they go through with saying what will be in each patch (maybe hiding themes and story of course) but it would be great to see in WoW. Finally.
    I mean we can already predict that pretty much, can’t we?

10.1 New raid
    10.2 New zone + new raid + possibly a new dungeon
    10.3 New zone + new raid + possibly a new dungeon

We already know their roadmap for patches and it’s been like this forever. Sometimes we got stuff in a .5 patch instead of the major content patch, so that’s just a matter of time - but in the end? There’s nothing surprising they could release or anything new they can tell us with a roadmap because we know how the game works.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

10.1 New raid

We already know their roadmap for patches and it’s been like this forever. Sometimes we got stuff in a .5 patch instead of the major content patch, so that’s just a matter of time - but in the end? There’s nothing surprising they could release or anything new they can tell us with a roadmap because we know how the game works.
    I mean, Legion and BFA were rather surprising in what was included in each patch. Only SL had static additions each major patch (one raid, one zone).

A roadmap could also include things like new heritage armor, customizations, etc. Also what is included in the .5 patches.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Roadmap don't ruin surprise. Did you get spoiled by fact that Overwatch season 2 will have new hero and season 3 PVE? Same with WoW, giving release windows for every patch and for start confirming how many patches/raid tiers they plan before you buy cat in the bag would be giving more respect to players, not spoiling them.

You see nowadays they say they always "planned to do 3 tiers". SL had same price as Legion and BfA that both had 3 patches and 4 big raids. So why they kept this information until very end? And Ion even gave vague "this won't be another WoD". It wasn't WoD 2.0 from world content perspective, but definitely was from raid perspective.

It's not really a surprise when fans go "Its about time for news of a new patch in the next couple weeks" and then they reveal a new patch.

More like this new development will be after a WoW expansion comes out they'll tell us how many major patches there will be because by release, they know. This makes sense considering how people responded to them saying 9.2 would be the final major patch of Shadowlands with sheer disbelief, when that was set in stone as soon as the expansion was delayed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Dragonflight:
    -New Class
    -New Race
    -Talent revamp
    -Dragonriding and its progression system
    -Profession update and new gearing/progression system
    -Reputation-Faction campaigns
    Bringing back something old.
    Gliding.
    Stealing FFXIV's profession system.
    Quests.

You're sincerely listing these things as Expansion features? Cope. I think them going back to wrath's model & a spending less time on gimmicks is a really good idea but let's not pretend that's not what they're doing: If they're correctly focusing on *doing less* as a smart choice to catch up for how far they've been delayed lets all be honest about that.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-06-17 at 07:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

10.1 New raid

It would be nice to have this on paper. Then when they decide to cut content, as they flagrantly did with Shadowlands, maybe they can own up to that decision immediately and not outright lie to their playerbase until they make a joke about it years after the fact.

And the "surprises" are bad for hype. I have several guildmates that would have come back for a Dark Ranger skin, but no one that isn't playing WoW or coming to this site on a daily basis knows that this option now exists. The same can be said of a lot of recent releases.

From the preview of the talent trees:

These and all the other trees still have a lot of work to be done, but we want to share what we can to start collecting detailed feedback at this early stage.
    So yeah it was an unfair assumption on many of our parts (myself included) that it would be cyclical in some capacity, but at the same time I think you can take from that blurb that they intend to preview the others too.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    It would be nice to have this on paper. Then when they decide to cut content, as they flagrantly did with Shadowlands, maybe they can own up to that decision immediately and not outright lie to their playerbase until they make a joke about it years after the fact.
    There's still a shot that we get some Warcraft Team video or something in the next few weeks with a Roadmap due to the Overwatch roadmap. But, I mean traditionally WoW just has never done this and again fundamentally I think theres' enough hubris surrounding the weight of traditionalism in the WoW Community to defend the decision of not providing players with the set in stone statement that 3 major patches will take place in Dragonflight.

Again, there's just a lot of resistance to break traditions about being communicated this info to the consumer since it has never been necessary before.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Bringing back something old.
    Gliding.
    Stealing FFXIV's profession system.
    Quests.
    If you're at such wit's end that you're just disingenuously shitposting instead of even bothering to come up with an actual argument, I'm not going to seriously respond.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    But, I mean traditionally WoW just has never done this and again fundamentally I think theres' enough hubris surrounding the weight of traditionalism in the WoW Community to defend the decision of not providing players with the set in stone statement that 3 major patches will take place in Dragonflight.
    You don't know Blizzard as well as you think if you believe anything they say is set in stone. You also don't know the community as well as you think if you believe they won't flip out over non-set-in-stone things being cut or otherwise changed. If there are two things that are for certain with WoW it is that stated things can change (even when printed on the box) and part of the community loves to flip out over anything.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

where the fuck is some news about anything, this is getting fucking obnoxious

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexilius View Post
    where the fuck is some news about anything, this is getting fucking obnoxious
    Maybe next week, maybe next month. I mean, we'll see. They did a reverse news cycle right now akin to the May Cycle except WoW is last. So I guess we'll see in the coming weeks or maybe just coincidence. I don't know, who knows.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-06-17 at 08:33 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this rate DF will release in November 2023