Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Literally every place for online discussion is shitting on how content bare the expansion is that it can launch within six months without having even started alpha testing. It's not just here.
    The similarity of Dragonflight to WotLK should be more apparent to everyone. They might as well said "You want WotLK so bad we'll emulate WotLK" Wrath didn't have any newfangled game modes & it was the last time there were crafted BIS items. Plus if you told me they've been planning an old world revamp since BFA but because of covid they decided to through this filler expansion together to buy themselves two more years to work on that.

But I wouldn't say it's pessimism: I'm looking forward to Dragonflight, mainly because it can't possibly have less content than Shadowlands

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    But I wouldn't say it's pessimism: I'm looking forward to Dragonflight, mainly because it can't possibly have less content than Shadowlands
    It is entirely pessimism. You just called the expansion filler and you don't even know any of the details about it. It is also strange for you to think it will have more content then Shadowlands when WotLK had less or any "newfangled game modes". So is Dragonflight not actually like Wrath?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

What do y'all think the pre-patch event is going to be?

People keep saying "Oh, Shadowlands didn't have content! Dragonflight doesn't have content".

But what do you guys actually want out of an expansion? I can't wrap my head around those arguments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
    Well, surely it will have something to do with those weird constructions quests that were added. Dunno what the event that kicks it off is gonna be.

My hope is that there will be Dracthyr in Season 4, and Dracthyr arriving in Azeroth is what is gonna get us to look for the Dragon Isles, but that's hopium

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    My hope is that there will be Dracthyr in Season 4, and Dracthyr arriving in Azeroth is what is gonna get us to look for the Dragon Isles, but that's hopium
    Man I must have missed the new class and race they tested in 9.2.5 PTR.

Agreed, Shadowlands felt very alien compared to past expansion in regards to the Warcraft feel. Even Mists of Pandaria felt more Warcraft than Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Literally every place for online discussion is shitting on how content bare the expansion is that it can launch within six months without having even started alpha testing. It's not just here.
    People keep saying "Oh, Shadowlands didn't have content! Dragonflight doesn't have content".

But what do you guys actually want out of an expansion? I can't wrap my head around those arguments.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, surely it will have something to do with those weird constructions quests that were added. Dunno what the event that kicks it off is gonna be.

I don't get the point of Onnesa and the new stable stuff and how it will relate to the pre-patch event.

Pre-patch for my money will be the isles unveil themselves and we're preparing for the trip over/expedition.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's amazing how many posters here work behind the scenes at Blizzard and no exactly where they are in terms of Dragonflight's development.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Man I must have missed the new class and race they tested in 9.2.5 PTR.
    Noooooooo there is no way Blizzard can test internally, Blizzards TOTALLY needs player feedback noooooooo!!!!

Blizzard must have realized player feedback is essentially worthless. 99% of the people with Alpha/Beta access and 99% of the people on the PTR don't actually test anything, but just use it as early access.

7+ Year Old Account
    Noooooooo there is no way Blizzard can test internally, Blizzards TOTALLY needs player feedback noooooooo!!!!

Blizzard must have realized player feedback is essentially worthless.
    How did they even test those 3 last bosses in Sepulcher man? How does it work???
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    How did they even test those 3 last bosses in Sepulcher man? How does it work???
    Weird how the most changed and imbalanced bosses were the ones that were available for public testing as well.

But people are right, there is no way Blizzard can release any content without the REAL developers (players) testing the content beforehand

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
    We know it will last 2 weeks and have something to do with Uldaman (also it will be new dungeon - not sure if it will be revamped Uldaman or some new wing of dungeon). So I would expect some rare hunting around Badlands (for catch up gear) + preview of dungeon or some story scenario there. And of course Evoker starting zone.

Personally I think I'll just play around with Evoker and get all unique transmog/cosmetics. During BfA I hated alts, leveled them during anniversary afk event, so had lot of gearing to do, but now casual leveling + gearing is fast and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It's amazing how many posters here work behind the scenes at Blizzard and no exactly where they are in terms of Dragonflight's development.
    Also "STOP PREORDERING IT WILL BE SHIT LIKE LAST 2-3-4-5-8 EXPACS". We all know most of people like that will no-life this game first weeks and after that bitch 24/7 it's "not worth 50$" xD.

Expac launch month is worth box money even with Epic edition. Always was (maybe outside WoD because first week was really broken). After that some seasons are better, some worse, but you always have choice to unsubscribe. Just never pay 6 months sub if you often quit patches.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2022-06-22 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It is entirely pessimism. You just called the expansion filler and you don't even know any of the details about it. It is also strange for you to think it will have more content then Shadowlands when WotLK had less or any "newfangled game modes". So is Dragonflight not actually like Wrath?
    This is why people say you are just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Blizzard must have realized player feedback is essentially worthless. 99% of the people with Alpha/Beta access and 99% of the people on the PTR don't actually test anything, but just use it as early access.
    Yeah, it's players' fault, that various bugs they have reported over the years on the PTR, still somehow miraculously found their way to the live build, only to be fixed a couple of weeks after a major outcry occurs.

It's never Blizzard, it is the players who are in the wrong!
    unclench your jaw

Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    Yeah, it's players' fault, that various bugs they have reported over the years on the PTR, still somehow miraculously found their way to the live build, only to be fixed a couple of weeks after a major outcry occurs.

It's never Blizzard, it is the players who are in the wrong!
    It almost seems like latest Blizzard strategy is working, people turning into sheep again. xD

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    It almost seems like latest Blizzard strategy is working, people turning into sheep again. xD
    Teach us master, tell us how to be a wolf.

Yeah let's not test Dragonflight. And when we are all stuck making lines to complete quests on the first zone and the servers collapse (remember Jade Forest in the beta? I do) or the new class is so overpowered it's practically a free pass at pvp (hey Wrath DKs!) or the dungeons are filled with the weirdest wall jumping skips or Rextroy has a new OP combo to show every day instead of every other week, then we can talk again

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Teach us master, tell us how to be a wolf.
    Just don't be stupid, saying shit like stuff don't need testing and such.

It's like you're so far gone in blizzard ass, that shit covered your eyes and you can't even see through.

For example, in 2 expansions after that, price for epic edition will be like 100-120 and you will be saying "oh thank you blizzard for this, i wish i could pay even more! Raise it up to 130, so we get release early without alpha!"
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2022-06-22 at 07:30 AM.

It's like you're so far gone in blizzard ass, that shit covered your eyes and you can't even see through.

For example, in 2 expansions after that, price for epic edition will be like 100-120 and you will be saying "oh thank you blizzard for this, i wish i could pay even more! Raise it up to 130, so we get release early without alpha!"
    Shit doesn't need public testing though.

Blizzard is near enough the only company planet that has extensive public testing like that. There's absolutely no need for it. Blizzard can and have shown that they are able to test stuff internally. Every single Mythic final boss was only tested internally, and the majority of times, they were just fine (some exceptions obviously). The last three bosses weren't tested publicly and they all were fine. What, you think Friends and Family aren't able to just quest through a zone? Do you genuinely think that's too much for Blizzard?

What's next, do you want Blizzard to put every hotfix on the PTR to check if it is okay with the playerbase, because they are apparently better game designers anyway?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yeah let's not test Dragonflight. And when we are all stuck making lines to complete quests on the first zone and the servers collapse (remember Jade Forest in the beta? I do) or the new class is so overpowered it's practically a free pass at pvp (hey Wrath DKs!) or the dungeons are filled with the weirdest wall jumping skips or Rextroy has a new OP combo to show every day instead of every other week, then we can talk again
    I like how your examples are stuff from like 4 expansions ago, wall jumping skips which are irrelevant since M+ or Rextroy shit which no one is gonna catch in a PTR anyway.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

When I said stuff don't need testing? When I said I will ask Blizzard to charge me more? And for sure epic will be 100 dollars maybe even next expac. Are you even aware what is happening with prices all around the world?

But yeah, playing your favourite game is apparently being sheep. Being invested in stuff you hate and ordering other people what to do, that's wolf thing. It's not superiority complex mr "awesome", no no no.