US 9.2.5 PTR forums no longer up. Is today the day?

Look I'm pretty excited for Dragonflight but it's understandable considering a lot of players' reactions to Shadowlands that people are apprehensive.

For me personally Blizzard has a lot of good 'reasons' for Shadowlands lacking. Whether or not those reasons actually apply, who knows, but I believe it. Frankly even if the 'reasons' are just excuses I still enjoyed Shadowlands a hell of a lot more than WoD.

But considering Shadowlands people have a right to be apprehensive. (Note that being apprehensive is different than the people saying Dragonflight is shit/has no content/whatever or people telling people who are excited that it's their 'fault' Blizzard is how they are now.)

As an aside people who don't want to support Blizzard anymore after all of their sexual harassment/coverups is a whole different story, and completely justified. Wouldn't think those people would still be posting about WoW though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexjimithing View Post
    When I stop enjoying the work of a given company I simply stop playing their games/giving them money.

I mean if you want to spend your time and emotional energy ‘hating’ them and posting about them online, while using ‘cringe’ as an adjective, you do you I guess.
    Does it truly take that much energy to point out obvious flaws?

Quote Originally Posted by fcwar View Post
    US 9.2.5 PTR forums no longer up. Is today the day?
    Thursday is usually the test realm days, so we could see alpha drops tomorrow.

Realistically, I am hopeful that Dragonflight will be a good expansion. The initial release patch is in a good place to launch, we get some updated systems for things that long needed it, a new class/race, we will see the story and exploration of the Dragon Isles and they will release the first raid.

I think this method is giving them a better baseline to put down so that way they can add a new system of sorts (Be it a borrowed power, or Torghast/Mage Tower experience) in one of the .X patches. FFXIV for the most part does this with their expansions, focusing on the story first, then adding new systems and additions in the subsequent patches.

In this forum there are two groups of people: People who were super hyped about Dragonflight when it was announced but are now super apprehensive due to the 2022 release date, and people who were extremely underwhelmed by the announcement but have sense mellowed into a state of contented optimism & these two groups absolutely hate each other.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    In this forum there are two groups of people: People who were super hyped about Dragonflight when it was announced but are now super apprehensive due to the 2022 release date, and people who were extremely underwhelmed by the announcement but have sense mellowed into a state of contented optimism & these two groups absolutely hate each other.
    But I'm super hyped about Dragonflight since it was announced and I'm still in a state of optimism now that it's coming even earlier than we thought it would. I'm just in an apprehensive state due to no alpha yet, but maybe that's coming .... soon. :P

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Here’s hoping for some new tidbits on Evoker and dungeon previews. It’s nice to know what to expect.

7+ Year Old Account
    What an excellent 5Head take from our resident Ersula. What a coincidence, that in one of the most notorious DF hater mind there is no place for people just being optimistic and happy about next expac since the start. Cuz we can't have these, eh?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-06-22 at 07:13 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Does it truly take that much energy to point out obvious flaws?
    When you do it day in/day out for months, and continue to follow the news/updates for a game you hate, I'd say yeah.

Find a hobby you enjoy.

I'm still hyped as much as I was when it got announced. I'm still gonna get what I was excited about. New area to explore and learn about, and the new Dragon Riding feature.

WOTLK beta is out, DF next week?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You said the indications of Dragonflight being bad are everywhere. Potential wasn't a part of this until you got called out. You predicting an outcome is you indicating you don't want the game to be good and calling it bad even with out knowing the details.
    This is flat out reaching. I already said I would be happy to be proven wrong and for the game to be good. Why? Because that gives people a better experience and shows Blizzard can learn from their mistakes in and before Shadowlands. I have no reason to want it to be bad.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    WOTLK beta is out, DF next week?
    More like next month. They're gonna give LKC chance to be tested before everyone leaves to go test DF.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    What an excellent 5Head take from our resident Ersula. What a coincidence, that in one of the most notorious DF hater mind there is no place for people just being optimistic and happy about next expac since the start. Cuz we can't have these, eh?
    Okay, clearly there's the third category of people that turn into vicious little brats the moment you criticize anything. Thank you for demonstrating.

7+ Year Old Account
    Okay, clearly there's the third category of people that turn into vicious little brats the moment you criticize anything. Thank you for demonstrating.
    "Fair criticism" "Ersula"

You can pick only one.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    No it's going to get release come hell or high water. People begged for expansions with no systems or anything to do at end game that's required and this is what that is. It doesn't need to be delayed because it doesn't have any content.
    I mean this is kinda true. Raids, dungeons and open world zones are the bare minimum of content in every expansion and we get that. But besides that there is absolutely nothing in Dragonflight. There is no progression system, there is no additional type of content, there's just nothing. The last expansion that had this little stuff was WoD and we know how that ended.

People will be bored to death by reaching max level and having no further progression anymore besides getting a higher gear score. People will abandon Dragonflight faster than any expansion before by just how shallow and devoid of "new" types of content it is. I know some are praising the back to the roots approach and it's good for the game, but not when there is exactly zero progress anymore. I am sure people that welcome the less-is-more-approach now will hate it after 4 weeks of DF because of how incredibly boring the expansion will be when there's no progress at all.

I'm still amazed how they're trying to sh*t out this expansion within the next 5 months when there has been zero communication about it in the last two months. Why were they helding back information when they are so far ahead? Something's not right. For sure it helps that the talent trees are 99% copy and paste from what we have now and Dragonriding is just restricted flying with a nice coat, but 5 months from now on until launch? Good luck with that.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-06-22 at 08:00 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I mean this is kinda true. Raids, dungeons and open world zones are the bare minimum of content in every expansion and we get that. But besides that there is absolutely nothing in Dragonflight. There is no progression system, there is no additional type of content, there's just nothing. The last expansion that had this little stuff was WoD and we know how that ended.

People will be bored to death by reaching max level and having no further progression anymore besides getting a higher gear score. People will abandon Dragonflight faster than any expansion before by just how shallow and devoid of "new" types of content it is. I know some are praising the back to the roots approach and it's good for the game, but not when there is exactly zero progress anymore. I am sure people that welcome the less-is-more-approach now will hate it after 4 weeks of DF because of how incredibly boring the expansion will be when there's no progress at all.
    WoD had nothing in it by later patches. Not at launch. Dragonflight is poised to set the base game up, which it should. Story, exploration, collector drive with Dragon Riding (Arguably this is the progression system since you need to train your dragon to reach new, higher areas in the zones). Dungeons and raiding to keep people busy. If the expansion patch is basic, they can push out the .X content patches faster, and we could always see new systems in those too.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I am sure people that welcome the less-is-more-approach now will hate it after 4 weeks of DF because of how incredibly boring the expansion will be when there's no progress at all.
    Oh, hi Nyel. Did you already solve problem of having post max level progression without having borrowed power or forcing people to grind ton of old shit later on? Or still stuck in limbo?

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    OOOOOOF!!! Bold statement, considering their last game was F76.
    It's not a bold statement at all. Did you play Skyrim at release? Or god forbid, NV in like the first year it was out?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It's not a bold statement at all. Did you play Skyrim at release? Or god forbid, NV in like the first year it was out?
    So these games outdid F76 with it's T poses, falling under ground, crashes, graphic glitches, rollbacks, guns not shooting, perks not working, models bugging, item weight not working and many more? And let's not forget the duffel bag scam and credit card info leak. You really call that game the most stable and bug free?

I know at least one guy whose gonna hate it, no matter what.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-06-22 at 08:19 PM.