7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    He claimed that the copy paste dungeons are made as dungeon first and then added to the zone. Thats it. That was the claim. No source, nothing to support it.
    I stated that in essence: Copy pasting an outdoor area and adding props is less work than making a completely new and unique area while adding new props. This is a fact. Unless you know a way to make new things faster than copypasting something that already exists.

I made an observation, he claimed something as a truth without supporting it. I based my claims on observations, because I indeed have no knowledge of dungeon design in wow. Since I supported my claims with observations and he made a claim without any support at all, yes my claim is superior until he comes with a proper counterargument. However, I wouldn't expect it to, since his post seemed to be full of emotion. Just like the latest reply from Hitei. The moment people make emotional or cynical statements in a discussion, they've run out of actual arguments for their point, in my eyes.
    Nope. You are presenting here a textbook "I know better while not knowing anything" attitude. You say you know nothing about development, yet you still claim your opinions as facts. Your observations aren't superior here and not even supported by any screenshots or anything.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, DF is releasing this year, and alpha hasn't started yet, seems logical in fact, there is not so many things to test except the basics, no borrowed powers = time saving.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Nope. You are presenting here a textbook "I know better while not knowing anything" attitude. You say you know nothing about development, yet you still claim your opinions as facts. Your observations aren't superior here and not even supported by any screenshots or anything.
    Observations are facts. I make claims based on observations, so they are facts. People can go out for themselves to look. The evidence exists in the (ingame) world. I'm gonna stop discussing with you, since you aren't actually adding anything to the discussion. They only thing you are trying is to get some kind of "gotcha" on me for whatever reason (which you haven't managed to do so unfortunately).

7+ Year Old Account
    Observations are facts. I make claims based on observations, so they are facts. People can go out for themselves to look. The evidence exists in the (ingame) world. I'm gonna stop discussing with you, since you aren't actually adding anything to the discussion. They only thing you are trying is to get some kind of "gotcha" on me for whatever reason (which you haven't managed to do so unfortunately).
    When the urge to be right in some random internet argument is so strong...
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Observations are facts...thats a new one.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Lmao I thought I was on the Flat Earth Theory forum for a second there

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Dragonflight doesn't need some arbitraty points to encourage you or even force to do some content. Some dungeons could be gated behind X questline. Same with profession talent. For sure many places will be gated behind dragon riding.

And for sure many OPTIONAL stuff will be there. It's Blizzard job to show people that there is content in the world, now it's almost hidden.
    The problem here is not the content, it's the non-existing progression for doing said content. Dragonflight doesn't need arbitrary progression, but it needs some kind of progression. Right now, with the recent status quo of information, that doesn't exist. And it will be a major, a major problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    And what did LK bring more than wod ? Glyphs ? Those were glorified spell upgrade.
    DK but you said it's not content.

The problem with WoD is that you only had raids and that's it and you spent your whole life in the garrison.

In DF you'll have raids, m+, world quests + dailies, world exploration + content and prolly other stuff.

i dunno what else you want lol.
    There's a reason why I mention WoD and not WotLK or earlier expansions. Blizzard's design approach was different. And even then WotLK added - yes - Glyphs and new talents. It still makes no sense to use this very outdated expansion concepts because Blizzard's focus has shifted drastically from back then to now.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I mean... observations are facts. The conclusions drawn from those facts are not necessarily factual, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Regarding the 'lack of features' complaint, isn't this really what many people have wanted for years though? WoW at it's core with good zones, dungeons, raids, battlegrounds, arena etc has been the foundation that most people liked about the game. A lot of the time the big 'expansion seller' feature has ended up being the worst thing about the expansion. Vehicle combat in Wotlk? Yeah less said about that the better. Garrisons? Warfronts and islands? Torghast?

I think getting the basics right again will go a long way to setting the game on a good path moving forward. I still think/hope that there will be certain things in DF they just haven't announced but as we get closer to it, maybe they will. People loved Suramar and how that played out for example and that was just a zone with gated questing where we unlocked more and more as time went on. Personally I enjoyed both the withered scenario in Legion and the visions in BFA and that's smaller things you don't necessarily need to test a lot either (if they have something similar).
    People wanted back to the roots, not "no features at all". And people disliked borrowed power, which is a legitimate concern. That doesn't mean you should stop character progression completely you reach max level. And that doesn't mean that you should stop trying to create other kinds of content, even if your previous versions (Warfronts, IE etc.) were disliked. They could have gathered all the feedback and make something... I don't know, good? Yet they choose not to do anything in that regard. The lack of ambition is the problem with Dragonflight, not the less-is-more or back-to-the-roots design approach.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Oh no people spend their money one something they enjoy. The only problematic people are those that hate on Blizzard, and the people that enjoy their products, endlessly. Find something you enjoy rather then crapping on something others enjoy.
    THEY ENJOY

a pair of wings that will be ignored in 1 month and a +1 to add in the random mount macro.

meanwhile instead of waiting to see how it will be the game, swipe immediately like a drug addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    I've been getting hardcore into GW2 lately and just went through Path of Fire over the last few days and I don't think I mentally processed just how pathetically small WoW zones are now until going through Elona. Zones there may have loading screens but they feel a shit ton more like an actual world than the arcade design of post MoP WoW zones because of the size and the dead space and little nooks and crannies all over just to exist there because they would exist in that world
    I'm playing GW2 again since two weeks and that game is a blast compared to WoW. Alone with the mount system I'm having so much fun because they make sense in the world because the world was build around it. Same with the glider you get in the first expansion. Another thing is how Anet achieved to bring players back to old zones while still rewarding them. At max level. Something Blizzard seems uncapable of doing. While vertical progression in GW2 pretty much sucks compared to WoW, its horizontal progression and world building is so much better than everything in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    So, DF is releasing this year, and alpha hasn't started yet, seems logical in fact, there is not so many things to test except the basics, no borrowed powers = time saving.
    It really is like that. The only thing that requires testing is the open world, the dungeons, the raid(s) and Evoker. Talent trees don't require any testing at all because most stuff is just push and shove talents around (that 99,9% of them already exist makes it even easier), make them exclusive or lower their throughput. It's pretty much just number tweaking. Imagine Covenants compared to that, having entire "talent trees" designed for classes for each Covenant was so so so so so much more stuff to test than this.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-06-23 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It really is like that. The only thing that requires testing is the open world, the dungeons, the raid(s) and Evoker. Talent trees don't require any testing at all because most stuff is just push and shove talents around (that 99,9% of them already exist makes it even easier), make them exclusive or lower their throughput. It's pretty much just number tweaking. Imagine Covenants compared to that, having entire "talent trees" designed for classes for each Covenant was so so so so so much more stuff to test than this.
    I wish I was as positive. It would probably be fine based on this, but beta would have to start like... now. Getting the balance right on talents and also the new class is still very important, even if its less work than the 50 systems BFA and SL had.

I wish I was as positive. It would probably be fine based on this, but beta would have to start like... now. Getting the balance right on talents and also the new class is still very important, even if its less work than the 50 systems BFA and SL had.
    If you want to be positive, world of warcraft being so awful has opened me up to a lot of new better games. If dragonflight is a horrible / half baked mess then more people will leave the game to try new things which may in the future force WOW to change. I am just dumbfounded at this point at anyone giving them pre-orders when taking their track record into account.

I consider myself fairly critical of the game but “lack
    of features complaint” is so frustrating to me. For two expansions now people have complained they wasted resources of unpopular features like IE or Torghast.

Now (hopefully) they are putting the effort into persistent systems like professions, new travel mechanics, talents and a new class. Features that should persist and still be relevant after Dragonflight. As all as they don’t screw it up, the refocused effort should be fantastic in the long run and how they should really design new content in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Can we finally stop pretending that no borrowed power means not much testing required? That's nonsense.

We only have a little bit more than five months left for testing. In a normal alpha/beta cycle that would be far too little time. Assuming they did a lot of testing internally the time would be enough but do you really want to play classes in the state Blizz releases them upon us from their internal testing? Oh boy, the tears on the official forums...
    Last edited by ExiHext; 2022-06-23 at 01:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I consider myself fairly critical of the game but “lack
    of features complaint” is so frustrating to me. For two expansions now people have complained they wasted resources of unpopular features like IE or Torghast.

Now (hopefully) they are putting the effort into persistent systems like professions, new travel mechanics, talents and a new class. Features that should persist and still be relevant after Dragonflight. As all as they don’t screw it up, the refocused effort should be fantastic in the long run and how they should really design new content in the future
    Likewise. I will take a so-called "feature light" expansion if it means that we can stop reinventing several wheels every expansion and calling that repackaged content "features." Especially when those wheels need three patches to get rounded enough to be useable.

Having a foundation to build on is infinitely preferable to the alternative.

I'm playing GW2 again since two weeks and that game is a blast compared to WoW. Alone with the mount system I'm having so much fun because they make sense in the world because the world was build around it. Same with the glider you get in the first expansion. Another thing is how Anet achieved to bring players back to old zones while still rewarding them. At max level. Something Blizzard seems uncapable of doing. While vertical progression in GW2 pretty much sucks compared to WoW, its horizontal progression and world building is so much better than everything in WoW.
    GW2s writing is worse than WoWs will ever be, and while the way the story is conveyed is miles better (and it has better story moments as well i.e. the whole Kralkatorik arc as well as all the non-filler in EoD), it's even worse than WoW in terms of asspulls. Dragonvoid and all. No consistency either./

Horizontal progression sucks as well, because unless you swipe, most cosmetics just suck ass, you can't get any other mount skins and Raids/Fractals/Dungeons are abandoned. And don't even get me started on the whole "Oh, but you can buy gems " Yeah, sure, dead on, let me just farm gold at sweatshop rates to get 50 Gems.

GW2 is an example of why I don't want a "Oh, there's stuff going on all over Azeroth!" because it turns into a schedule. GW2 isn't a game at this point, it's a "tick the checkbox" simulator. Yep, done my four strikes. Yep, bought my Antique Stones. Yep, done Tequatl and all the other world bosses this week. Oh darn, I still need to do Dragonstorm so I can get a chance at my 0.0000000000000001% infusion!

People wanted back to the roots, not "no features at all". And people disliked borrowed power, which is a legitimate concern. That doesn't mean you should stop character progression completely you reach max level. And that doesn't mean that you should stop trying to create other kinds of content, even if your previous versions (Warfronts, IE etc.) were disliked. They could have gathered all the feedback and make something... I don't know, good? Yet they choose not to do anything in that regard. The lack of ambition is the problem with Dragonflight, not the less-is-more or back-to-the-roots design approach.
    How is what's announced with DF any lesser than lets say Classic, TBC or Wotlk?

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Likewise. I will take a so-called "feature light" expansion if it means that we can stop reinventing several wheels every expansion and calling that repackaged content "features." Especially when those wheels need three patches to get rounded enough to be useable.

Having a foundation to build on is infinitely preferable to the alternative.
    Why launch a game with 3 half baked features when you can just introduce those features in a patch fully polished. DF is going to be a much better expansion in terms of character upkeep.

I can't wait to actually play my alts and not have to farm for weeks to get an ability working with a piece of gear