7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    The amount of people in this thread who salivate for alpha/beta access just so they can treat it as early access as opposed to actual testing.
    I have yet to see anyone actually talk about beta access.

Most people, myself included, just want more news.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I have yet to see anyone actually talk about beta access.

Most people, myself included, just want more news.
    Last 10-20 pages people are talking about alpha lol

Any news about the alpha or beta ??

7+ Year Old Account
    More like the last 1000.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Really hoping we get that Dracthyr customization breakdown soon that they teased over a month ago...
    Why are people keep saying that they "teased" or "promised" a Dracthyr blogpost.

I can't find anything about that. Is that just wishful thinking manifesting as a "Blizz totally promised that guys" again?

7+ Year Old Account
    Ye, because do you know what happens when alpha arrives? We get flooded by datamined info.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-06-25 at 09:34 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never seen that hinting at Drac'thyr customization post, so news to me.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait for November 22nd for DF to drop
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    More like the last 1000.
    So the last 1000 pages have been talking about it? That doesn't validate your initial point lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ye, because do you know what happens when alpha arrives? We get flooded by datamined info.
    Why do you need datamined info before the game is released? Can you really not get by without news about World of Warcraft?

Just wait for the release its not that far off.

nah they said in a post that they would be bringing out a blogpost about Dracthyr customization 'soon'. Idk the post but i know I saw it
    I looked through all the posts I could find from the reveal period and I found nothing about any blogposts.

It's just that its not the first time I've seen someone mention that Blizzard has yet to release a blogpost they promised when I don't remember anything at all about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Merryck View Post
    Yes the goofy wings have saved me 30 AUD. There is nothing in the epic edition that is appealing to me. Bless the maker.
    Yea I was kinda hoping for good looking wings that would allow me to give my Tauren big black dragon wings...... instead it looks like horrible cosplay.

Guess saving me money is a good consoldation prize.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why do you need datamined info before the game is released? Can you really not get by without news about World of Warcraft?

Just wait for the release its not that far off.
    Nope. And it is kinda weird, when you come here to the game site and to the thread about it's next expansion asking us why do we need info.

Why do people watch movie trailers and then follow production info? Just wait for the movie 4Head.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Nope. And it is kinda weird, when you come here to the game site and to the thread about it's next expansion asking us why do we need info.

Why do people watch movie trailers and then follow production info? Just wait for the movie 4Head.
    There are many aspects of the game to discuss on this site and this thread in particular.

You don't need to get offended. Watching movie trailers and following production info is completely different to wanting to know everything about the content that's going to be in a game before it's released. Just wait for the finished content. I would say the same to someone actively seeking out spoilers for a film before it is released.

Now that is weird.

Hence the traditional no alpha/alpha club banners with people getting upset they aren't in.

We have news on what we're getting this expansion. We don't need things spoiled via datamining.

Just be patient and wait for the game to release. Your survival does not hinge on World of Warcraft news.
    your message is so condescending that you completely ignore what this thread is about. People liking and enjoying the game and happy to spread their enthusiasm, nothing about spoilers.
    Your survival doesn't hinge on belittling other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    your message is so condescending that you completely ignore what this thread is about. People liking and enjoying the game and happy to spread their enthusiasm, nothing about spoilers.
    Your survival doesn't hinge on belittling other people.
    How is it belittling others?

I've just been told it's weird that I'm coming to a site where people want to discuss datamined info(spoilers) and now you are telling me this is a place to discuss the game in general - which is something I actually outlined myself in my previous post. So which is it?

This thread is about discussing current patch as well as future SPECULATION. Speculation and wishlists are different to spoilers etc.

Also, for what it's worth one of the more prominent contributors to this thread known for their past datamining has said they intend to step away from datamining as it tends to be spoiler heavy and isn't good for the health of the game as people get burnt out early on because they know and experience too much before the actual game is released.

Says it all really, doesn't it?

Really hoping we get that Dracthyr customization breakdown soon that they teased over a month ago...
    This, This is absolutely the more information I'm waiting for.

I have never been in an alpha or beta for WoW so i'll never hold my breath to get it.

15+ Year Old Account
    To be fair datamining is a little over the top when it comes to WoW and there are a lot of people that go over board with it. Heck I remember when a wowinsider (or whatever they became) post about cause an internet whinefest so much that Blizzard had to do multiple PR posts about how it isn't true. It was the Karazhan breadcrumb quest drop from the mission table. It was reported by the blog to a datamined attunement and required to even start the dungeon. That was false.

Can good info come from data mining? Sure. Is it all going to be worthwhile? Nope. Dev posts can cover things a lot better from a design perspective.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

How is it belittling others?

I've just been told it's weird that I'm coming to a site where people want to discuss datamined info(spoilers) and now you are telling me this is a place to discuss the game in general - which is something I actually outlined myself in my previous post. So which is it?

This thread is about discussing current patch as well as future SPECULATION. Speculation and wishlists are different to spoilers etc.

Also, for what it's worth one of the more prominent contributors to this thread known for their past datamining has said they intend to step away from datamining as it tends to be spoiler heavy and isn't good for the health of the game as people get burnt out early on because they know and experience too much before the actual game is released.

Says it all really, doesn't it?
    read again both messages I've quoted of you and you will see that they are just attacks on the people that participate to the thread. There is nothing more than this, all I can ask you is to do away with this kind of behaviour as it benefits no discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    To be fair datamining is a little over the top when it comes to WoW and there are a lot of people that go over board with it. Heck I remember when a wowinsider (or whatever they became) post about cause an internet whinefest so much that Blizzard had to do multiple PR posts about how it isn't true. It was the Karazhan breadcrumb quest drop from the mission table. It was reported by the blog to a datamined attunement and required to even start the dungeon. That was false.

Can good info come from data mining? Sure. Is it all going to be worthwhile? Nope. Dev posts can cover things a lot better from a design perspective.
    Dev posts would be much better than the datamining spoiling quests, story and the new aesthetics.

Loses its luster if you've seen everything before you've actually experienced it in game.

Just have alpha and beta access internal. Most people use it as an early access.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    read again both messages I've quoted of you and you will see that they are just attacks on the people that participate to the thread. There is nothing more than this, all I can ask you is to do away with this kind of behaviour as it benefits no discussion.
    Thanks for responding to my arguments. People treating alpha/beta as an early access as opposed to testing shouldn't be the norm.

Detamining is also an adverse effect on the health of the game.
    Last edited by Santandame; 2022-06-25 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post

It's less the datamining than the reporting that is bad. Wowhead and icyveins are both horrible journalistic sites that will create 2-3 news articles on a patchnote and many speculation (and often very wrong ones) on every piece of info they can get theirs hands on from datamining. They push people to come back to their site daily by harassing them with breadcrumbs of information and reminder of previous articles, etc. They encourage this negativity and over-analysis of nothingness