Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Note that they also refuse to acknowledge the existence of a new class, which WoD/BFA lack. I'm sure they won't say that's enough "content" though.
    A class is not content. A class is a feature. And I'd say BfA's allied races have been its biggest selling point by the sheer amount of new races we got.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Also, holy shit, stop bickering. I've barely seen any useful/interesting posts over the last few weeks.
    That's Blizzard's fault though. Don't see how it can be blamed on the forum posters.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I'm talking about amount of narrative content. Legion had 4 normal zones + 1 huuuge Suramar. Shadowlands just 4 normal zones (big as BfA ones, but ~35% of every zone is just for covenant campaigns). BfA had 6 big zones filled with side quests (kinda sad most of this content was wasted). As for content, I think class campaigns vs war campaigns (including zone intros for enemy continent) vs covenant campaigns pretty much even out.

Amount of content is not same as amount of new features, I know hard concept. But I see I made mistake of not reading rest of your posts before responding to one.
    My point was in response to your "Legion in WoD or BfA camp". Literally made no sense because that wasn't the discussion. Likewise, should have known better when every post you make is vehemently defending the current product against any sort of criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    That's Blizzard's fault though. Don't see how it can be blamed on the forum posters.
    Yes, and that's why I said it's okay to not discuss anything if there's nothing to discuss. A dead thread beats a thread full of garbage arguments (like the current one) any day.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2022-06-27 at 02:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post

They were NOT discussed during Blizzcon 2015.
    ???
    1:04:25

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Or don't blame anybody and just wait until something happens.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    My point was in response to your "Legion in WoD or BfA camp". Literally made no sense because that wasn't the discussion. Likewise, should have known better when every post you make is vehemently defending the current product against any sort of criticism.
    You can't fit single sentence into context of whole post? Not surprising if you see talking about pros and cons (it will blow your mind, but every single WoW iteration has plenty of both) as "defending current product against any sort of criticism". Sure buddy, DF has no content, enjoy your stay here.

You can't fit single sentence into context of whole post? Not surprising if you see talking about pros and cons (it will blow your mind, but every single WoW iteration has plenty of both) as "defending current product against any sort of criticism". Sure buddy, DF has no content, enjoy your stay here.
    No one has said DF has no content. But sure, let's exaggerate events so they can be warped to fit your agenda. Appreciate the sentiment however. At this point in time, it's looking like I'll be enjoying my stay from the safety of 10.3.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    No one has said DF has no content. But sure, let's exaggerate events so they can be warped to fit your agenda. Appreciate the sentiment however. At this point in time, it's looking like I'll be enjoying my stay from the safety of 10.3.
    I'm sorry I exaggerated your

But DF is still absolutely bereft of content compared to the previous three expansions.
    comment by saying you think DF has no content. Especially since you were never exxagerating my posts. I'm deeply ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Also, holy shit, stop bickering. I've barely seen any useful/interesting posts over the last few weeks.

There's very little speculation/hype going on and people are once again just focusing on the past.

If there's nothing to discuss, it's okay to not discuss anything. Dead thread > garbage thread.
    Ok bird, I'll stop out from respect for you.

Still this is sorta kinda shitpost thread that is most active when we have no idea what's coming next.

Do you think we have any chances for first public build for datamining this week? Or everything is too out of ordinary this time?
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2022-06-27 at 03:21 PM.

Still this is sorta kinda shitpost thread that is most active when we have no idea what's coming next.
    That's fair, but maybe there could be less shitposts.

Do you think we have any chances for first public build for datamining this week? Or everything is too out of ordinary this time?
    No idea, we're off the usual timeframe when it comes to things so I can't make any educated guesses. Gut feeling still says July for the first public build, but genuinely no clue. I'm also usually more on high alert/informed around this time but seeing I'm not planning on publicly investing a ton of time into 10.0, I'm taking it easy.

comment by saying you think DF has no content. Especially since you were never exxagerating my posts. I'm deeply ashamed.

I mean, you have literally exaggerated it once again. Clearly reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

Bereft COMPARED to Legion, BfA and SL which it is. WoD had content, just not a lot of it. The same for Dragonflight. I shouldn't need to repeat it but you have proven multiple times to struggle with it. Dragonflight has content, just not a lot of it, especially compared to Legion, BfA and even SL.

No mention of DF having NO content. But you seem to love to embellish.

You'll get there one day Dracullus, one day.

People like Towelliee were speculating July 13th for alpha… I can’t see them launching alpha until July. This is last week of June for them to do it, but I’d say any hype they can generate is good for the game as a whole.

How about for once you provide an actual counter argument instead of making pointless passive aggressive comments whenever someone has anything critical to say towards the game and company you clearly revere.
    The only point to his posts are to increase the number of posts he has. Nothing else. Do not engage.

15+ Year Old Account
    A class is not content. A class is a feature. And I'd say BfA's allied races have been its biggest selling point by the sheer amount of new races we got.
    A class is most certainly content. Anything can arbitrarily be called a feature and exclude it from content if that is the goal.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    The only point to his posts are to increase the number of posts he has. Nothing else. Do not engage.
    Thats a big assumption of you, no he isn't doing it to increase his post count wtf.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

We really don't know that. Dragonriding is a feature, yes. If it's major, what it's used for, how it works - we have no clue. We don't know how massive it will be or if it's just pathfinder 4.0 in yet another form that tries to distract players of what it really is: restricted flying.

By the way, I think two new classes and two new races (TBC), a new class and a new profession and glyphs (WotLK) and two new races and an entirely revamped world (Cataclysm) were pretty big features we got even in the first expansions.

That's what you suppose. As said above, we simply don't know yet. "Unlock areas you previously couldn't reach" is peak vague. I think we all hope it's as intricate and in depth as you say, but they need to clarify that.

- - - Updated - - -

It's exactly that. There's almost nothing new to be found. I find it hilarious how players treat this mostly visual change of talents and spell book into talent trees as the new holy grail. It's not. It might be good for the future of the game, but it's really a minor feature overall, by just how basic it really is.
    The sheer fact that Dragonriding improves as you progress endgame puts it at the bare minimum at the level of content provided by covenant teleportation mechanics, and given its actual movement mechanics it's at least an improvement on running mindlessly in circles around the main hub like WoW players are wont to do.

Beyond that though, we do have the developers talking about the possibility of using Dragonriding in the context of challenges like races now that's it's an actual mechanic, and there is a feature of Dragonriding relating to customizing your dragon, meaning likely challenges related to rarer appearances, so there is tangible content to Dragonriding beyond just being something fun.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    You still at it? Still with mental gymnastics to peddle "DF is light on content"? First you come out of the wood works, saying that we still should have borrowed powers (I knew we will have andies that will instantly start glorifying them), now you diminish Dracthyrs additions with asinine rhetoric. Fortunately, you denying them being content has zero merit.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-06-27 at 04:29 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    You still at it? Still with mental gymnastics to peddle "DF is light on content"? First you come out of the wood works, saying that we still should have borrowed powers (I knew we will have andies that will instantly start glorifying them), now you diminish Dracthyrs additions with asinine rhetoric. Fortunately, you denying them being content has zero merit.
    It isn't mental gymnastics to say Dragonflight is light on content. It's pretty damn accurate statement to make.

It would be mental gymnastics to argue otherwise.

It isn't mental gymnastics to say Dragonflight is light on content. It's pretty damn accurate statement to make.

You're right. But it is quite mental gymnastics to say that a new class is not content.

By this logic any expansion prior to BfA is light on content, with Legion just barely scraping by with grinding artifacts, and not having anything like Islands, Warfronts, or Torghast.

Just on the barest surface level DF will have as much content as Legion, and likely even better quality given the lack of developers distractions like needing to justify Torghast or making more Islands for islands expeditions.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    By this logic any expansion prior to BfA is light on content, with Legion just barely scraping by with grinding artifacts, and not having anything like Islands, Warfronts, or Torghast.
    Expansions prior to MoP were light on content compared to post-MoP. So I'm not sure what you are making the point you think you are. These are all relative comparisons. MoP, and prior expansions, still had content to keep people engaged but recent expansions just upped the standard. BfA switched out Order halls for islands and warfronts. It is also silly to say that DF will have at minimum as much content as Legion when Legion had all of the Order Halls and their various artifact and class content. We aren't getting anywhere near that in Dragonflight from what has been announced.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."