Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    People say "Oh, I don't want systems that I need to for combat reasons and I don't mind them when they are cosmetic only", yet who honestly did Torghast in 9.2 when it was entirely cosmetic only? The people bitching probably didn't.

I don't mind having no "systems", I really don't, but I think the playerbase is gonna be in for a wake up call.
    I personally loved Torghast, sue me.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I liked Torghast but it needed a lot more mounts, transmogs and rewards that were VARIED beyond the Maw/Jailer theme.

If you didn't like that aesthetic the entire move is a hard sell unless you're just doing it for fun, cheevos or currency.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I liked Torghast but it needed a lot more mounts, transmogs and rewards that were VARIED beyond the Maw/Jailer theme.

If you didn't like that aesthetic the entire move is a hard sell unless you're just doing it for fun, cheevos or currency.
    Definitely. I'd like a form of it to return even though they've said there's no plans, obviously not themed all Jailer-y and stuff, I feel like the Dragonflights are perfect as there's more than enough access to different venues, especially through the bronze one.

1+ Year Old Account
    Definitely. I'd like a form of it to return even though they've said there's no plans, obviously not themed all Jailer-y and stuff, I feel like the Dragonflights are perfect as there's more than enough access to different venues, especially through the bronze one.
    There’s so much cool stuff they “could” implement with Dragonflight due to the verticality of the zones, size, and Dragon-riding feature.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't hate it either but I do dislike "NEW SYSTEM" *8 months later* "Meh forget about it" *New expansion* NEW SYSTEM. I do not like that trend and for that I appreciate Blizzard's new philosophy when it comes to WoW design in general. If we had to always have some big tower to climb and rend destruction through, I would have more types of environments then just Torghastcrown(Based on ICC teehee). I realize people dislike/ whine about Torghast but it is fun to romp through, its not boring like one hitting everything(That gets old).

So.. in general this new Blizz philosophy is positive IMO. My only "Umm wait" is the cross faction stuff that I didn't think I'd be bugged by but I'm a bit more civilized about it.

TLDR: Wow needs more content in general to occupy ourselves, but I've said that for years.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Oh, don't get me wrong, I loved Torghast. I would run Torghast even when I already got the materials. I still run Twisting Corridors every now and then to see how crazy the abilities can get. I think it's the best you can do it terms of a fun singleplayer game mode.

It's just, unless there is some kind of player power attached to it, the majority of the playerbase won't run it.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    We're going back to the "I've run out of content" whining a week after launch because they can't function without their hamsterwheel or realize that they can take breaks from the game until new content arrives.
    Although even without "systems" I can still see Blizzard timegating the content. "Campaigns" that progress with a 15-30 minute quest every week over 9 weeks so they get at least two months worth of subs out of players every major content update.
    Don't really see the content at max level as a problem. Rather the reward, which will either be cosmetics or gear. While you're stuck at the same character and playstyle for ~ 2 years. THAT will be a massive issue after Legion, BfA and Shadowlands. Content? Not so much I think.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I didn't hate it either but I do dislike "NEW SYSTEM" *8 months later* "Meh forget about it" *New expansion* NEW SYSTEM. I do not like that trend and for that I appreciate Blizzard's new philosophy when it comes to WoW design in general. If we had to always have some big tower to climb and rend destruction through, I would have more types of environments then just Torghastcrown(Based on ICC teehee). I realize people dislike/ whine about Torghast but it is fun to romp through, its not boring like one hitting everything(That gets old).

So.. in general this new Blizz philosophy is positive IMO. My only "Umm wait" is the cross faction stuff that I didn't think I'd be bugged by but I'm a bit more civilized about it.

TLDR: Wow needs more content in general to occupy ourselves, but I've said that for years.
    Well, Torgh and Islands simply didn't stick. Therefore they were half abandoned.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I think the gamemode/tech will be revisited when we return to EK/Kalimdor, though to what extent I'm not sure. I think they may be waiting for an area where they can do generic caves and Dragon Isles just didn't feel like a good fit due to the focus on being outside.

7+ Year Old Account
    I guess you don't play priest.

Formerly known as Arafal

torghast has so much potential, i really hope they don't abandon it

the same "rogue-like" experience but with the environment art from the argus invasion points or bfa island expeditions would already be so much better

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Well, Torgh and Islands simply didn't stick. Therefore they were half abandoned.
    Torghast wasn't really half abandoned, it was seriously beefed up and got a new gamemode each patch. It just isn't in DF.

I don't think it was as disliked as Islands and Warfronts, where both were mostly liked for their music and rewards. And the tech was well regarded unlike the bots in BFA.

To be honest: I personally won't miss Torghast as I hate dungeon crawlers. I'd rather they develope something new or expand on dragonriding.

7+ Year Old Account
    Torghast wasn't really half abandoned, it was seriously beefed up and got a new gamemode each patch. It just isn't in DF.

I don't think it was as disliked as Islands and Warfronts, where both were mostly liked for their music and rewards.
    Both Torg and Islands failed for me in "procedural generated environment" and AI department. Blizz was so proud when announcing these, yet delivery was really lacking and boring.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I guess you don't play priest.
    Nope, I wasn't even able to fully complete Torghast on my main (Arms Warr), had to do it on an alt Hunter I made and leveled only for Torghast.

Renown campaigns will be timegated, yes. Otherwise the patch is over for most casual players week 1 when they finish the story and unsub.
    Some will, some won't.

I do wonder how they track metrics for how to keep a gamemode. M+ has a vocal hatebase but clearly is played enough to stick around.

I don't think the solo + bots modes are fully abandoned, but are def on the backburner for DF so devs are put elsewhere. Part of this is world revamp copium that may be vindicated based on HD assets in the DF files (we never got those HD human houses).

Quote Originally Posted by hink View Post
    torghast has so much potential, i really hope they don't abandon it

the same "rogue-like" experience but with the environment art from the argus invasion points or bfa island expeditions would already be so much better
    Really what Torghast needed (beyond actual fun abilities for classes missing them), is rewards similar to Island expeditions, which is still likely the best reward pool the game has in terms of replayability. You could spend weeks continously grinding it, and still find new stuff. If Blizzard spent some time adding new tints to various weapons and armor sets then they could probably make any feature something players do beyond any practical sense.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Really what Torghast needed (beyond actual fun abilities for classes missing them), is rewards similar to Island expeditions, which is still likely the best reward pool the game has in terms of replayability. You could spend weeks continously grinding it, and still find new stuff. If Blizzard spent some time adding new tints to various weapons and armor sets then they could probably make any feature something players do beyond any practical sense.
    Unless the new renowns have similar rewards to SL covenants (multiple armors, mounts, toys etc) it does kind of feel like there is a rift in the amount of art assets we are receiving this expansion.

Could have to do with Dracthyr hogging it or the lack of media in general for this expansion, but all we've seen in terms of armor are what looks like 3 questing quality sets: Tuskarr arctic gear, the knight set and what looks to be a dragon themed set. All of which are missing 3D pieces.

Where's the art going?

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    What Torghast needed was far greater variety in environments and mobs. We needed the Island Expeditions content with the Torghast gameplay.