10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said I've been liking the newBlizz going on(Sue me >.>).

What Torghast needed was far greater variety in environments and mobs. We needed the Island Expeditions content with the Torghast gameplay.
    Its kinda what I said, doing Torghast in a tower of the damned is a nice theme but..... the enjoyment gets worn out over time. A new environment as you said would IMO made it more pallatable. How they can do that, I don't know exactly but it would be better.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    What Torghast needed was far greater variety in environments and mobs. We needed the Island Expeditions content with the Torghast gameplay.
    Yup. Torghast was so incredibly drab and same-y. Islands win here big time. And the so hyped proceduraly generated content and AI (Islands opposite faction) just wasn't good enough. Up to this day, dungeons are still best, quick content. TBH MoP scenarios were more enjoyable then these, for me.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-07-04 at 07:23 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Unless the new renowns have similar rewards to SL covenants (multiple armors, mounts, toys etc) it does kind of feel like there is a rift in the amount of art assets we are receiving this expansion.

Could have to do with Dracthyr hogging it or the lack of media in general for this expansion, but all we've seen in terms of armor are what looks like 3 questing quality sets: Tuskarr arctic gear, the knight set and what looks to be a dragon themed set. All of which are missing 3D pieces.

Where's the art going?
    It's really not that big a difference honestly. Counting just the sets we know or can assume will be in Dragonflight we are already at 21 sets. And that is assuming only a single levelling set and a single dungeon set for each armor type.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Unless the new renowns have similar rewards to SL covenants (multiple armors, mounts, toys etc) it does kind of feel like there is a rift in the amount of art assets we are receiving this expansion.

Could have to do with Dracthyr hogging it or the lack of media in general for this expansion, but all we've seen in terms of armor are what looks like 3 questing quality sets: Tuskarr arctic gear, the knight set and what looks to be a dragon themed set. All of which are missing 3D pieces.

Where's the art going?
    I think this complaint is a bit overblown lmao.

We have seen fuck all for this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It's really not that big a difference honestly. Counting just the sets we know or can assume will be in Dragonflight we are already at 21 sets. And that is assuming only a single levelling set and a single dungeon set for each armor type.
    I think that the knight may just be the plate leveling, the tuskarr is leather leveling and that dragon one is Mail as the evokers are wearing it on the front page.

Yes, we haven't seen a lot of the expansion, but SL set some heavy precedent with 16 new armor sets on TOP of the questing and dungeon sets. It would be nice to see any of these new renown rewards.

7+ Year Old Account
    that dragon one is Mail as the evokers are wearing it on the front page.
    I think that's their specific starter gear, not the main mail lvling set.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I think that's their specific starter gear, not the main mail lvling set.
    The Orc from the Collectors Edition is also wearing the same gear though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I personally loved Torghast, sue me.
    I also enjoyed it, especially the two newer modes. The problem was that blizzard forced everyone to do two runs per week, which lead to burnout. Pair it with basically 0 rewards compared to Island Expeditions and you have a formula for disaster.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Yup. Torghast was so incredibly drab and same-y. Islands win here big time. And the so hyped proceduraly generated content and AI (Islands opposite faction) just wasn't good enough. Up to this day, dungeons are still best, quick content. TBH MoP scenarios were more enjoyable then these, for me.
    If islands could be done solo/did not have the time pressure, I think people would have spent a huge amount of time in them.

Islands were also super brainless except for the enemy team encounters, I don't think that did much for them. Clicking rocks was boring.

- - - Updated - - -

If islands could be done solo/did not have the time pressure, I think people would have spent a huge amount of time in them.
    Torghasts biggest success was the solo factor, although some classes just couldn't do it.

Even though it makes some people in the fanbase throw a tantrum, solo content is needed for WoW.

Torghast was fun concept ruined by turning it into a mandatory grind people had to do to keep up with the power curve.

I actually loved it on release because it was challenging.

Islands were also super brainless except for the enemy team encounters, I don't think that did much for them. Clicking rocks was boring.
    [
    The tactical AI was insane during the beta. Its a shame they nerfed it so bad. I would love for it to come back for a Brawler's Guild update or something.

But IEs really felt like a miss as whole. There were a lot of cool ideas there but the fun got ruined by making it a requisite Azerite farming. Not unlike what happened to Torghast and Soul Ash / Cinders

I much preferred the island expedition, I'd really like for it to be available directly in a group finder instead of having to go to Boralus to queue for it though.

Thorghast was fun at some point, then it became a pain when the resto shaman in the group just kills everything by putting healing rain on the ground and every dps spec feels bad in comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    The tactical AI was insane during the beta. Its a shame they nerfed it so bad. I would love for it to come back for a Brawler's Guild update or something.

But IEs really felt like a miss as whole. There were a lot of cool ideas there but the fun got ruined by making it a requisite Azerite farming. Not unlike what happened to Torghast and Soul Ash / Cinders
    Islands suffered from a similar problem that Warfronts did, that being that their main gameplay loop was actively detrimental to the intended experience.
    Islands were supposed to be about exploration, finding fun stuff, and generally having fun seeing all the random stuff that pops up, whether that is random dragons, pirates, or even old god incursions. Instead we had a mad dash to the finish where even the slightest pause didnt just leave you with no progress, but could indeed leave you capable of losing.
    Warfronts similarly had a main gameplay loop of human wave tactics using 40 players, whereas the intended experience was supposed to be emulating playing as a hero unit in Warcraft 3. A game which many might realize doesnt have 40 hero units.

How Blizzard managed to fuck up so badly with these two features is still beyond me. I can only assume they took the bare minimum look at how they would be played by impatient players, and then decided to triple down on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Like I said I've been liking the newBlizz going on(Sue me >.>).

Its kinda what I said, doing Torghast in a tower of the damned is a nice theme but..... the enjoyment gets worn out over time. A new environment as you said would IMO made it more pallatable. How they can do that, I don't know exactly but it would be better.
    Bronze dragon tower would be perfect. Can go anywhere at any time. Inifinite Possibilities.

They mentioned the "gameplay possibilities" of the Bronze area but didn't elaborate.

Could be a patch area, could be a dungeon, but it would be cool if its a smaller Torghast introduced in a patch.

If the Shadowlands has infinite afterlives, it would be cool if Torghast opened portals where the Jailer started to attack other afterlives to divide the forces of Maldraxxus and Kirian, meaning the Shadowlands are impossible to defend.

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    If the Shadowlands has infinite afterlives, it would be cool if Torghast opened portals where the Jailer started to attack other afterlives to divide the forces of Maldraxxus and Kirian, meaning the Shadowlands are impossible to defend.
    Or he could have just dragged entire pieces of other realms with his chains into Torghast.

Or he could have just dragged entire pieces of other realms with his chains into Torghast.
    Still surprised this isn't what Blizzard actually did. It very much sounded like you would at least have areas inside Torghast that looks the same as Maldraxxus, or Revendreth or what have you, and not just the same Torghast aesthetic with different colored filters.

Go to a new floor and it's styled to look like a section of Ardenweald, with more organic rooms and hallways. Would have spiced it up immensely.

I have to wonder whether Torghast was intended to be properly procedurally generated, instead of the fixed floor structures we have now. Would have explained a great deal about why everything looks the same.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I see potential in Dragon riding for new mage tower or stuff like this, since their different skins could be sorta kinda like artifact weapons in this expac. Only downside is that wouldn't be class specific reward, so people would look for easiest spec to finish it.