Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Since we're all about speculation up in here, has anyone spent time dreaming up what future zones they might add yet? I feel like we're definitely going to see some sort of Black Dragonflight zone, but they could also throw us a curveball and go Bronze/Infinite if Murozond comes up as a villain.

Personally I would love to see another Titan facility, either on the Isles we know of, or nearby.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    I like you, you're smart
    I'm a teacher so I have to have a brain. I'm also a subscriber on Twitch! Happy Weekend! Alpha next week! Woot!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay yeah Towelliee's here, neat but hang on I just realized there's a huge fatal flaw with Blizz's professions revamp.

If they're doing the thing again where each zone has a unique herb, plus the rare herb, plus 5 quality tiers of each, and they aren't revamping how materials are stored at all then that's....

30 inventory slots that herbalists in particular are going to be losing solely to their profession. That's effectively an entire bag just gone the moment you enter the Dragon Isles.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Since we're all about speculation up in here, has anyone spent time dreaming up what future zones they might add yet? I feel like we're definitely going to see some sort of Black Dragonflight zone, but they could also throw us a curveball and go Bronze/Infinite if Murozond comes up as a villain.

Personally I would love to see another Titan facility, either on the Isles we know of, or nearby.
    Thank you for bringing the conversation back to speculation mode! I am actually really excited to see what the Dragon Isles (and zones) actually look like, both in-game and their maps. As for future patch content, I would love to, perhaps, see some additional "islands/territory" close to the Dragon Isles added as content similar to how the Timeless Isle and Isle of Thunder were added.

Dracthyr starting zone returns as a patch zone is pretty much a certainty.

The center seems like some kind of Titan facility.

Also we are getting a Black Dragonflight zone. I'm pretty sure they said each of the zones represents one of the Dragonflights.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Dracthyr starting zone returns as a patch zone is pretty much a certainty.
    Based on what they said, for sure.

This may be a bit out there but, I would love to have a "go back in time" type thing to old Northrend when galakrond was around. To see the proto drakes and how things led up to the titans empowering the original aspects... This would also maybe give a good nod to the Galakrons Fall map that's been floating around!

edit: typo

I agree the patch content of Dragonflight will be interesting.

One possibility is that they continue on with the Elune / Emerald Dream / Queen's Gift / Night Elf storyline. Instead of having the Emerald Dream as a full expansion (boy, what a mistake that was for the Shadowlands) they might give it to us in the form of a patch zone. So for example we help the Green Flight root out the Void which took hold during Legion.

Another could be to delve deeper (heh) in the Elemental storyline. I guess we're doing some of that with the launch raid. But perhaps we enter their domain or something, to settle them a bit?

Then we have a whole bunch of potential storylines involving the Black Flight, the Infinite Flight, the Chromatic Flight, Galakrond, and so on. Old draconic threats brought back.

I'm sure something along those lines, with perhaps Wrathion at the forefront, will materialise since we're going to go back to the Dracthyr's starting area later on. If we're investigating Deathwing's secret factory for producing super dragon soldiers, you betcha we'll dig into his past as well.

What I'd love to see is a clear bridge to 11.0 towards the middle or end, with perhaps a world revamp teased.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    I agree the patch content of Dragonflight will be interesting.

One possibility is that they continue on with the Elune / Emerald Dream / Queen's Gift / Night Elf storyline. Instead of having the Emerald Dream as a full expansion (boy, what a mistake that was for the Shadowlands) they might give it to us in the form of a patch zone. So for example we help the Green Flight root out the Void which took hold during Legion.

Another could be to delve deeper (heh) in the Elemental storyline. I guess we're doing some of that with the launch raid. But perhaps we enter their domain or something, to settle them a bit?

Then we have a whole bunch of potential storylines involving the Black Flight, the Infinite Flight, the Chromatic Flight, Galakrond, and so on. Old draconic threats brought back.

I'm sure something along those lines, with perhaps Wrathion at the forefront, will materialise since we're going to go back to the Dracthyr's starting area later on. If we're investigating Deathwing's secret factory for producing super dragon soldiers, you betcha we'll dig into his past as well.

What I'd love to see is a clear bridge to 11.0 towards the middle or end, with perhaps a world revamp teased.
    To your point, the person who guessed the last 3-4 expansions accurately has predicted that 11.0 would have to do with the elementals. Back to the question of future patch content, it would be really cool if they set up 11.0 and, who knows (maybe a world revamp), by bringing us back to “older” azeroth by the end of Dragonflight through smaller revamps/added zones to Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms. All in all, a ton of possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    To your point, the person who guessed the last 3-4 expansions accurately has predicted that 11.0 would have to do with the elementals. Back to the question of future patch content, it would be really cool if they set up 11.0 and, who knows (maybe a world revamp), by bringing us back to “older” azeroth by the end of Dragonflight through smaller revamps/added zones to Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms. All in all, a ton of possibilities.
    Who was that?

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Who was that?
    https://twitter.com/nasdalolx/status...0jPPF2O98Sfu0g

Interesting.

I think the best thing they could do is wipe Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms clean from Cataclysm. Then just rebuild those two continents entirely with modern assets. Combine a bunch of zones into mega zones. Have a few questing campaigns using the modern design (one campaign for Alliance, one for Horde, perhaps smaller ones for the races and classes as well) and once you're done it's all evergreen world content. World quests, dynamic events, world PvP, world bosses, gathering, stuff like that.

He guessed that 12.0 would be the Alliance and Horde war, despite it being for 8.0.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, Old Gods guess for 8.0 and Death/Scourge for 9.0 wasn't that uncommon. But Dragons guess for 10.0 made years ago is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    He guessed that 12.0 would be the Alliance and Horde war, despite it being for 8.0.
    Time is flat circle. 9.2.5 changes show what pretty much happens in lore anyway, it doesn't exclude Horde vs Ally expac in distant future. Especially if that would be something more interesting that "power hungry warchief makes Horde evil".
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2022-07-08 at 06:44 PM.

Huh, that's really interesting. It could very well be a massive coincidence though.

I think the only one that doesn't make sense is 12.0 though. Because we SHOULD be done with the Horde vs Alliance stuff.

Then again, it could be the "Horde of Light" under Yrel so who knows?

1+ Year Old Account
    I’m not saying the guy is a prophet. He had some pretty good and accurate guesses, though. This is a speculation thread! Hehe

Honestly I really don't like this sort of thinking because its just so...chance-y, I guess.

Everything's a pattern until suddenly it isn't.

Also it sounds like the bad guys of the first raid are pretty elemental themed to begin with.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Honestly I really don't like this sort of thinking because its just so...chance-y, I guess.

Everything's a pattern until suddenly it isn't.

Also it sounds like the bad guys of the first raid are pretty elemental themed to begin with.
    Compare that to BFA: Uldir Old Gods, Patch 8.3 N’Zoth Old Gods. Just because DF starts with an elemental theme doesn’t mean it just ends.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Huh, that's really interesting. It could very well be a massive coincidence though.
    It is. You can easily see the pattern they used for predictions but their details have already been wrong. Given how much Blizzard has recycled themes it isn't hard to guess what we might face in a general sense.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."