I've been fiddling with the death knight talent trees and it really feels slow to build a good gameplay. I would almost wish that they would do a level squish and give 1 point in class tree and 1 point in spec tree at every level. I don't care if the max level is 30, 40 or 70 but I do care that it takes my character to reach level 30 - 35 before I start enjoying the gameplay of my character... This design is really bad. I hope they manage to change this before it goes live.

One of the easiest way out of this for them with their current tech is to just give reduce max level of the characters to 50 with current level 60 being changed to 40.
    Up until you reach level 30 instead of 1, you gain 2 points every level (one for each tree) then you gain only 1 as currently designed. Meaning that you still gain 61 points of talent but accelerate the progression at the start so that you can enjoy a deeper gameplay faster

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    One of the easiest way out of this for them with their current tech is to just give reduce max level of the characters to 50 with current level 60 being changed to 40.Up until you reach level 30 instead of 1, you gain 2 points every level (one for each tree) then you gain only 1 as currently designed. Meaning that you still gain 61 points of talent but accelerate the progression at the start so that you can enjoy a deeper gameplay faster
    A constant level squish would seem to defeat one of the stated goals for going back to this style of talents. Which was to carry borrowed power systems forward to the next expansions. Instead of them being stand alone systems they are added as talents. It stops some of the unique flavor added by borrowed power. I'm not sure if it is worth it yet but at least new things will carry over even if a lot of borrowed power ended up becoming baseline anyways.

It would be interesting to have an artifact we power up that enhances the last talent row that is themed off of that expansion. A hybrid borrowed power.

- - - Updated - - -

The developers plan to show all talent trees to players in overview articles before the start of alpha testing.
    So we should be getting 2-3 previews M, T, W, and Th if the the rumored start date is true.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    A constant level squish would seem to defeat one of the stated goals for going back to this style of talents. Which was to carry borrowed power systems forward to the next expansions. Instead of them being stand alone systems they are added as talents. It stops some of the unique flavor added by borrowed power. I'm not sure if it is worth it yet but at least new things will carry over even if a lot of borrowed power ended up becoming baseline anyways.

It would be interesting to have an artifact we power up that enhances the last talent row that is themed off of that expansion. A hybrid borrowed power.

- - - Updated - - -

So we should be getting 2-3 previews M, T, W, and Th if the the rumored start date is true.
    It's 100% true, with a secret Alpha for content creators on T/W.

10+ Year Old Account

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    It's 100% true, with a secret Alpha for content creators on T/W.
    Lol! But now it's not a secret....you told the secret

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Lol! But now it's not a secret....you told the secret
    eh a streamer already leaked that there was going to be a creator video or whatever released showing their favorite things about the game so far

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    eh a streamer already leaked that there was going to be a creator video or whatever released showing their favorite things about the game so far
    Yeah, thats what the NDA taliesin talked about, is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Yeah, thats what the NDA taliesin talked about, is about.
    its gonna be a fun week

though i am trying to figure out how players can be confused about things that blizzard has been very straightforward about. "work orders wont be gameplay because the AH will be region wide" is my favorite because it has at least 2 things wrong with it and that is just the beginning because apparently blizzard saying "you can specialize in making leather pants" fell on deaf ears and that isnt including the overall crafting requirements for higher quality items which was explained in the post. People saying that the talent tree is garbage because the abilities were baseline...when you get them by leveling just like the talent points. Dragon flying also is not the same as flying so you are going to get people complaining you cant just sit in the sky on your dragon.

i think actual beta will break the forums

7+ Year Old Account
    Just came back from date night/party weekend haha.

The sub rogue tree looks awesome, meanwhile they gutted covenant abilities from bm hunter? Why?

#RestoreWildSpirits

Really would miss my glass cannon playstyle

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I was surprised when they removed Wild Spirits as well, but then again, it is probably the least interesting Covenant ability. Death Chakram was the coolest, but useless. Flayed Shot kinda came back. Resonating Arrow is probably to big of a headache in terms of exploits to keep as an ability.

Wild Spirits was essentially just a Death and Decay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I was surprised when they removed Wild Spirits as well, but then again, it is probably the least interesting Covenant ability. Death Chakram was the coolest, but useless. Flayed Shot kinda came back. Resonating Arrow is probably to big of a headache in terms of exploits to keep as an ability.

Wild Spirits was essentially just a Death and Decay.
    To be fair, it's a death and decay were you activily have to do something for it in order to do damage. I still hope it's just an early iteration and they bring it back. While a playstyle with lots of lots of stable pets could be fun too, I'm not sure if it's enough to keep me as a hunter right now.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    i just want evoker talents, but i wouldnt be suprised if that was last
    I'm looking forward to them most since it's a new class. It's going to be very interesting to see what draconic abilities from HotS and WoW made it into the class. They have very fertile ground to work with.

I'm probably most interested in seeing how Black dragon abilities are implemented, and how they attempt to differentiate Preservation spec with their Green dragon magic from Restoration Druid.

1+ Year Old Account
    Unlike the current class “new” talent trees, the Evoker one will be really interesting (and will certainly take time) to pull apart. You figure a class tree AND two spec trees with ALL new abilities, passives, etc. that we have NO clue what they mean. I’m excited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Unlike the current class “new” talent trees, the Evoker one will be really interesting (and will certainly take time) to pull apart. You figure a class tree AND two spec trees with ALL new abilities, passives, etc. that we have NO clue what they mean. I’m excited.
    I expect to see Blizzard HEAVILY leaning into the draconic aspect of the concept in order to differentiate Evokers from Mages and Druids. So I would be surprised to see aerial abilities like Cleansing Flame, Skyfall, Cataclysm, and Dragonflight from HotS, and more abilities that take advantage of the draconic form like Wing Buffet and Tail Swipe.

It should make for a very interesting class if done correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wild spirits was not very "hunter-ish" for me, they'll keep covenant spells that fit well the classes, that's why they kept the necrolords chakrams.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Wild spirits was not very "hunter-ish" for me, they'll keep covenant spells that fit well the classes, that's why they kept the necrolords chakrams.
    They could have easily re-skinned it as a salve ability or so. I don't care how it looks, but the gameplay style was fun imo.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    The funny thing about keeping the death chakrams is A it was the only one never really used by any spec. And B its a choice talent between itself and talent that currently exists that never gets used named chakram like why keep both?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    They could have easily re-skinned it as a salve ability or so. I don't care how it looks, but the gameplay style was fun imo.
    I didnt find it as fun as it was a MUST HAVE for hunter which means everyone took it, while I loved the visuals of death chakrams

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    The funny thing about keeping the death chakrams is A it was the only one never really used by any spec. And B its a choice talent between itself and talent that currently exists that never gets used named chakram like why keep both?
    Yeah, I would rather have them replace the normal chakram with wild spirits next build.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    I didnt find it as fun as it was a MUST HAVE for hunter which means everyone took it, while I loved the visuals of death chakrams
    Yeah but I would have picked it anyways. Mythic Halondrus progress was soooo unfun without it. The venthyr arrow just felt like another random dot shot instead of a cool ability that you have to plan around.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Yeah, I would rather have them replace the normal chakram with wild spirits next build.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but I would have picked it anyways. Mythic Halondrus progress was soooo unfun without it. The venthyr arrow just felt like another random dot shot instead of a cool ability that you have to plan around.
    I liked the venthyr ability aswell, I dont like AoE's on long CD's just feels like a distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    I liked the venthyr ability aswell, I dont like AoE's on long CD's just feels like a distraction.
    i hope that they keep 0 of the monk abilities

bonedust brew might remain because it is the only one that really interacted with other abilities