Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Not saying you're wrong, and I'm also on "Team World Revamp 11.0". But man, your exact argument has been used for like 5 expansions in a row now. Just replace the name of the final boss.

"It'll be a time skip, and then we'll get WC4 in the meantime, and..."
    My ideal WC4 would be set in the War of the Ancients, imo that's the perfect place to have it without directly having it be in the way of WoW.

So do we know if Dragonriding will have combat associated with it?

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    So do we know if Dragonriding will have combat associated with it?
    Based on the talents, yes.

Turns out I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Kiivar86; 2022-07-15 at 01:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    I'm liking this first new raid tier way, way more than the Zereth Mortis ones.
    As a Monk player, I have already accepted the fate I will not be getting any tokens since we will share them with Evokers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Based on the talents, yes.
    Where can I see the talents? I didn't see a wowhead post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where can I see the talents? I didn't see a wowhead post.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...riding-Talents

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    My ideal WC4 would be set in the War of the Ancients, imo that's the perfect place to have it without directly having it be in the way of WoW.
    If they ever wanted to go with Warcraft 4, it would need be set in totally new environment, with new characters and places. War of the Ancients, although cool, doesn't work for Warcraft series as this is the story that's already been told. It may work for WoW's raid, but not for a brand new game from the Warcraft series.

Actually now that I reread them, I realized that there seems to be only one in-flight combat thing, the ability to spin and dismount other players in PVP.

The other talent I (and others) took seems to be more summoning your dragonriding mount(s) to attack while you're on the ground:

Fire from Above (New) Tier 7, Column 3. Spell: [TEMP] [ACTIVE] Your drake swoops down and uses a breath attack against enemies in a cone in front of you.

Any more pics of the other sets? The ZM sets were have grown on me quite a bit.
    Grabbed it from the second half of the WoWhead datamining stream.
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1531695127

Hmm, it doesn't seem like there's actual combat while dragonriding, but spells you can use normally to summon your drake to do things (like a mini Frostwyrm's fury). That's a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebron View Post
    I think you are trying to translate player combat into dragonriding combat. In that regard I'd agree. My idea would be to use the combat system that Dragonriding may have to offer, of course if it's interesting / engaging enough.

I can imagine a fight where dragonriding is only a part of combat, like, maybe throwing the dragon on the ground and continue the fight in a player combat. Maybe that boss having some weak points in "air phase" so that you need to assault it properly, dodge the attacks and defeat the adds? Also, in such fight they could remove annoying constraints that are applied in regular, outdoor flying.

I don't know, there are dozens of possibilties
    I wasn't aware that Dragonriding has any kind of combat attached to it.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Hmm, it doesn't seem like there's actual combat while dragonriding, but spells you can use normally to summon your drake to do things (like a mini Frostwyrm's fury). That's a shame.
    Yeah seems I (and some others) were a bit presumptive and mistook that talent. I had been wondering how one could combat like that with things on the ground since you'd naturally be beyond them in a few moments while flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I wasn't aware that Dragonriding has any kind of combat attached to it.
    Given how weird and unfocused some of the stuff in the list are, I think there might be some kind of "world" talent tree that's currently not sorted but it'll fall into the same place with dragonriding perks.

Some of the abilities seems to imply evasive dodging and such while flying, so either it's all limited to the dragon races, or there will be potential for Dragonriding combat to some extent.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Nebron View Post
    If they ever wanted to go with Warcraft 4, it would need be set in totally new environment, with new characters and places. War of the Ancients, although cool, doesn't work for Warcraft series as this is the story that's already been told. It may work for WoW's raid, but not for a brand new game from the Warcraft series.
    For most people, War of the Ancients is a completely new setting, it allows us to get a complete in-game look at the war without having to rely on small snippets through caverns of time. It is also relatively disconnected from whatever current thing we're doing, and they can also sneak in new characters and locations that can be added in WoW for the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    For most people, War of the Ancients is a completely new setting, it allows us to get a complete in-game look at the war without having to rely on small snippets through caverns of time. It is also relatively disconnected from whatever current thing we're doing, and they can also sneak in new characters and locations that can be added in WoW for the future.
    The only time Blizzard has ever really looked backward was with WoD... and even then, they did all kinds of narrative backflips to justify it. They're not the kind of company that relishes its own past, for good or for ill. They're always pushing "new." New places, new characters, new races, new stories. I would personally prefer if we could spend more time with these things before moving on, but they move on quickly regardless. It would be antithetical to this philosophy to make a prequel game.

Where is our alpha overhyper?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    "Guilds are likely the next logical cross-faction step. It won't happen with the release of Dragonflight, but maybe during the expansion."

As predicted.

"By the end of 10.0 you'll have a good sense of what the final boss of the expansion will be."

So, not after we clear the raid? Some kind of a extra event or story development afterwrds?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-07-15 at 02:59 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Btw I am so hoping those Primal animal forms end up druid forms. That Primal Cat is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    I think that you are correct that the worst issue was the long fight time. But I was more referring to that we never actually fought Deathwing. It was just "fight adds over adds until you reach the end" and no real boss.

Dragonriding could be fun as a mechanic to use for the fight. Just do it better than Malygos or Oculus.
    I absolutely agree. It was not satisfying. I think as long as they had something where you actually were fighting Galakrond himself it could be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    This would make the fight one of the most hated already. Oculus was received poorly and the Malygos phase where people were flying was not better. Anything that requires 3D movement while fighting will instantly be a major miss.
    Issue with Occulus the combat on on the dragons though. It was boring and limited. But WotLK really loved to triple down on vehicle combat so it is what it is.

In my example, I am just saying dragonriding would be used to traverse around a hypothetically very large boss to give it scale. The fact they both require mounts would be where the similarities end.