Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't even know what to believe. I know Blizz would be self aware of MMO-Champion but enough to put a random user among us(How very sussy), I dunno feels too tinfoil.
    I mean they used to lurk and read Scrolls of Lore.

I'd be shocked if some aren't here, too.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Finally the Infinite Dragonflight return in some capacity. Is that model just a random Infinite adult dragon or is that Murozond?
    Doubt its Murozond, his model from Cataclysm was different, more horns and such. That's just a "normal" infinite dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Maybe in 1000th time in this thread, but that datamining hits dreams about world rewamp nerve really hard.
    New Fugborgs, gnolls, treants, ships, centaurs, stone giants, lightning lizards, mamoths, dragons (ofc), dryads even rumors about new throne room in Orgrimmar. All that stuff litterally calls for updating old world in future. Thay are even adding revenants, just from wc3!
    And for that - it will be WoW 10expansion, it call to do some big and meaty dlc.
    What's this about a new throne room in Org?

Also the only NPC/creature models to update are a handful now like Giraffes, Lynxes and Dragonhawks, and it make sense the latter two aren't updated yet because they only exist in SMC. Any other ones we are missing?

The new HD airships and boats also really point to revamp as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Not really because every expansion sees updates to old content when they share models for the newer content.
    It's actually pretty suspicious that centaurs and gnolls feature in this expansion when they have zero prior connection to dragons AND they were two of the last remaining Azeroth/EK NPC models that need updating. They absolutely could have seen that they were last on the checklist and so they baked them into the new expansion setting so that their model updates were warranted.

what other Vanilla NPC race needs a model update now? That one mob in Deadmines?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I mean sure it could have been any number of reason but chronicles only lays out one that actual fits what they tell us about elements and spirit.
    It does not. Unless it is explicitly stated as the cause then it doesn't lay out only one thing. It could have been natural evolution. It could have been influence of the Keepers that sealed away the rest of them. It could have been Wild Gods. It could have been a lingering effect of the Old Gods who once subjagated the Elementals of Azeroth. You are trying to force your head canon interpretation as the only thing when it doesn't state any of that.

There was other Organic life on Azeroth, according to your own source, when some elementals evolved to "flesh and blood". Which defeats your own argument that Azeroth eating spirit caused no organic life to be possible. It even ignores how the Old Gods had the Aqir, organic life, as servants prior to the Elementals being sealed in their prison. There are a lot of known things, and a lot of unknown things, that could have influence elementals turning organic that you are ignoring.

So no not quite the same as the void/light.
    Lmao. So it is the Life plane because of Elune being everywhere but it can't be any other, despite elune and titan level creatures being present because it is somehow different?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkaliciouz View Post
    I took the raw images from wow.tools and overlayed them. Unless Blizzard has changed the scaling of minimap images, which I don't believe they ever have, it should be quite accurate.

Keep in mind that the majority of Sholazar Basin and Howling Fjord are just overlayed onto water on the Dragon Isles map, and half of Zul'Drak is taken up by impassable empty mountains. This is largely offset by the Azure Span and Forbidden Reach, so they are closer in size than it may appear.
    Didnt notice that. Still I think DI are probably slightly larger anyways. And you know they are going to have way higher content density too. Although I doubt the content density will be as high as Shadowlands or BFA just because theres more space.

Everything about Dragonflight just makes Shadowlands feel like a bad dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyWarrior View Post
    Everything about Dragonflight just makes Shadowlands feel like a bad dream.
    So what you're saying is, in another universe SL gave(Warning I am not saying I hate SL) WoW 200 million subs?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

dungeons and zones look cool, good first impressions. I had a bad feeling about SL as soon as those flat zones were showcased and half the dungeons had the same theme and aesthetic

I just hope that the dungeons are as good as they have been in Shadowlands, as someone who primarily plays for the mythic plus mount and then stops i really want them to build on the challenging nature of the current dungeon pool. Now that we have a viable alternative to raiding that can be finished in 1/6th the time as raiding has been a very strong boon to a player like myself who can come back for 6ish weeks once a patch without many social pillars to deal with.

its first few days of alpha and while dragonriding is cool, after a few minutes of flying you realize theres no dragonriding in dungeons, raids and arena. hope going forward there will be more information on talents and class balance.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    It does not. Unless it is explicitly stated as the cause then it doesn't lay out only one thing.
    ok just one question then, does chronicles have any thing in it at all that actually points to any thing you listed being even implied on the same level as, spirit calms the elements, the elements turned to flesh once they were calmed?

Lmao. So it is the Life plane because of Elune being everywhere but it can't be any other, despite elune and titan level creatures being present because it is somehow different?
    did I say it couldn’t be any thing other then the plane of life or did I say the pantheons of light/void aren’t present?

It could very well also be the plane of order as the pantheon of order is there as well but other then life and order no other force has ever ha so a pantheon member in the great dark.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Man, Dragonriding looks rough af. They need to put a ton of work into that feature to make it not look as cheap as it's looking right now in alpha.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The last two expansions blizzard was very shit in terms of communication and design philosophy and feedback reception. Heck Ion was pretty defensive and kinda monotone in the interviews or deflected.

This time?? It seems better. We get posts explaining incoming changes and reasoning for the talents and the incoming adjustments. Ion also just looks different in these interviews and seems a bit less like a battered messenger. They also found a fun way to hide story.

I'm waiting a bit but unlike the last two expansions I'm pretty excited...especially with the return of group loot and removal of ilvl restrictions which means my raid can have our tier sets and trinkets faster by using personal loot on a boss with an OP trinket and half of us speccing into healer loot.

- - - Updated - - -

"We give up you win we won't try to make fights super challenging at your level" made me laugh

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Man, Dragonriding looks rough af. They need to put a ton of work into that feature to make it not look as cheap as it's looking right now in alpha.
    It's essentially the base system
    They wanted to get it tested immediately so we get level 55 and two abilities

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    It's essentially the base system
    They wanted to get it tested immediately so we get level 55 and two abilities
    And what exactly does that change? Unlocking more abilities won't make it look less cheap or more polished. It will double down on the issue of looking unfinished. And if this is the "base" system, aka what Dragonriding mostly is about (aka flying), it just further supports my point?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    And what exactly does that change? Unlocking more abilities won't make it look less cheap or more polished. It will double down on the issue of looking unfinished. And if this is the "base" system, aka what Dragonriding mostly is about (aka flying), it just further supports my point?
    Sorry still half awake
    The reason we are testing this system that looks so unfinished is because it's extremely unfinished but they wanted to get it in our hands early. It will look better but right now the focus is making sure it works

7+ Year Old Account
    Unfinished features in an unfinished product tend to look unfinished.

That said, the only thing that looks 'cheap' to me is the Skyward Ascent animation, the rest i don't see any issue with.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon riding look neat something to fix but overall an amazing feature
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

15+ Year Old Account
    ok just one question then, does chronicles have any thing in it at all that actually points to any thing you listed being even implied on the same level as, spirit calms the elements, the elements turned to flesh once they were calmed?
    Does your own source explicitly state spirit was involved? No. So why are you asking for a source to disprove what Chronicles doesn't even state?

did I say it couldn’t be any thing other then the plane of life or did I say the pantheons of light/void aren’t present?
    ya we’d already be in the life lands which makes a kind of sense when elune has so much stuff in the great dark and is apparently part of the pantheon of life.
    You stated that you think the Great Dark is the "Lifelands" because Elune has a presence. That means that the Great Dark has to be the "Voidlands" because Old Gods have a presence. Or the "Orderlands" because Titans have a presence. Or the "Lightlands" because the Naaru have a presence. You are the one that made a stupid claim and now won't admit that it was stupid despite you also stating the presence of something isn't an indication of anything.

The Great Dark is simply the Physical plane. It is already established to be something apart from the various cosmic realms.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Does your own source explicitly state spirit was involved? No. So why are you asking for a source to disprove what Chronicles doesn't even state?
    So that's a no, none of your suggestions have the same backing as spirit calming the elements and then them turning to flesh.

You stated that you think the Great Dark is the "Lifelands" because Elune has a presence. That means that the Great Dark has to be the "Voidlands" because Old Gods have a presence. Or the "Orderlands" because Titans have a presence. Or the "Lightlands" because the Naaru have a presence. You are the one that made a stupid claim and now won't admit that it was stupid despite you also stating the presence of something isn't an indication of anything.

The Great Dark is simply the Physical plane. It is already established to be something apart from the various cosmic realms.
    again the old gods/Naaru aren't the pantheons of void/light unlike elune or the titans, what aren't you getting here?

If the void lords or light lords were in the great dark mabye you'd have a point but they aren't so you don't.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    So what you're saying is, in another universe SL gave(Warning I am not saying I hate SL) WoW 200 million subs?
    In another universe WoW is a virtual reality MMO and people have completely given up on real life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    It's essentially the base system They wanted to get it tested immediately so we get level 55 and two abilities
    If you look at the talents the system is not much more then the base system. You just unlock different ways of doing the same thing or doing it for longer. Or providing a temporary buff or something. A lot of the stuff doesn't even seem to involve the flying aspect but unlocking different ways to do world quests or other "World content" things.

Don't get me wrong I am still excited about it and the talents. It just sounds like a lot of people are over-hyping it. Just as some are under-hyping or hating on it more then it deserves.

- - - Updated - - -

So that's a no, none of your suggestions have the same backing as spirit calming the elements and then them turning to flesh.
    The Chronicles doesn't state spirit has that effect. Chronicles only states they became less aggressive but not the source. Again you are using head canon to fill in the blanks of the lore.

again the old gods/Naaru aren't the pantheons of void/light unlike elune or the titans, what aren't you getting here?
    Old Gods are on the same level as the Titans. The same level as the Naaru. The same level as Elune. The presence of a cosmic force doesn't mean the Great Dark Beyond is actually their realm. It isn't what I don't get but what you don't get. You made a silly argument and instead of saying it was silly you double down. Remember Elune is the "sister" of an Eternal One. The Eternal ones are not on the same level as Void Lords.

You've proven your statement to be false while also claiming it is right but only for Elune and/or Titans.