Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    The more I see of evoker the further behind my Hunter is falling... Yikes I can't believe after 16 years I'll be moving on from Hunter!

The excitement is real!

I just wish Blizz gave us some form of Benchmark with a Character Creator like FFXIV does for every expansion.
    I imagine the folks at WoWhead are probably working on digging up model data and sorting it into their dressing room, probably have... not perfect, but adequate Dracthyr customization to try out in a week or so's time.

10+ Year Old Account
    The more I see of evoker the further behind my Hunter is falling... Yikes I can't believe after 16 years I'll be moving on from Hunter!

The excitement is real!.
    Yeah, the fact that you can essentially turn Preservation into a time-based healing spec pretty much signed the death warrant of my Shaman main.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    I imagine the folks at WoWhead are probably working on digging up model data and sorting it into their dressing room, probably have... not perfect, but adequate Dracthyr customization to try out in a week or so's time.
    Ohhh I hope so <3

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, the fact that you can essentially turn Preservation into a time-based healing spec pretty much signed the death warrant of my Shaman main.
    Just the sheer amount of customisation has signed my soul over to Dracthyr.

I'm just crossing my fingers that the shoulders from my visage transmog work with the body armor on Dracthyr and doesn't clash horribly -.o

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    The gameplay is pretty smooth either way and structured well.

Blue spec - you have a weak instant filler that cleaves and a strong spender/CDs and it's mostly ST/cleave oriented.
    Red spec - you have a strong casted ST filler and full AoE spender/CDs.

There is also potential mixed spec of mostly Red with some Blue. All of them play very smoothly.
    That's pretty clear so far. So what's the central class mechanic?

- - - Updated - - -

That's pretty much a standard with old races and classes.

1. New stuff comes and is better than old stuff.
    2. Old stuff is updated to be newer stuff.
    3. New stuff is now old stuff and needs to be updated.
    4. Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Remember guys: Do not engage and just report.

Anyway:

I am a bit confused by the Evoker rotation. They have two filler spells and both of them don't really do... anything? Azure Strike seems to be an Ice Lance with no actual Fingers of Frost mechanic.
    Yeah, seems they're running a bit dry on the mechanical department.
    Hopefully those guys from Proletariat and the HotS team can help with that.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fixed lock set, looks really good:

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Priest, lock, DK and druid look good, but the rest... meh

Anyway:

I am a bit confused by the Evoker rotation. They have two filler spells and both of them don't really do... anything? Azure Strike seems to be an Ice Lance with no actual Fingers of Frost mechanic.
    The essence burst mechanic is the closest thing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Monk with the gold color instead of white

Anyway:

That's what i'd expect from a filler. The other spells get the spiffy mechanics, this is just what you do when you have nothing better available.

Frost Bolt isn't the most interesting thing to cast either. Ice Lance is not a filler.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's what i'd expect from a filler. The other spells get the spiffy mechanics, this is just what you do when you have nothing better available.

Frost Bolt isn't the most interesting thing to cast either. Ice Lance is not a filler.
    Except Frost Bolt has a purpose. Arcane Blast has a purpose. Fireball has a purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    That's pretty clear so far. So what's the central class mechanic?

- - - Updated - - -

That's pretty much a standard with old races and classes.

1. New stuff comes and is better than old stuff.
    2. Old stuff is updated to be newer stuff.
    3. New stuff is now old stuff and needs to be updated.
    4. Repeat
    Not really with myself, Death knight, Monk and Demon Hunter I havent even touched never had an interest in them to begin with so always stuck with my Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Warrior, shaman, and mage are also great.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    There are 8 dungeons, but they're gonna switch between 4 new ones and 4 old ones for M+ each season.

- - - Updated - - -

Am I the only one that saw and read the Dev stuff?
    Ignore them, they're posting in bad faith to troll, it makes these threads much easier to read.

7+ Year Old Account
    Except Frost Bolt has a purpose. Arcane Blast has a purpose. Fireball has a purpose.
    They do nothing, not even building up a resource?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Frost Bolt procs Fingers of Frost + Brain Freeze. You don't just cast it because there is nothing else to cast.

Arcane Blast builds up Arcane Charges + Clearcasting. You don't just cast it because there is nothing else to cast. (Then again, that is less of a point if you play Kyrian, but let's disregard that).

Fireball builds up Pyroblasts. You don't just cast it because there is nothing else to cast.

From what I understand, their resource is on a 5sec timer per regen, but they get a buff that gives them freecasts very frequently and other ways to mitigate or manipulate it along their talent trees.

So their filler spells would end up being cast in a situation where you have really unlucky rolls of the dice on freecasts, and not something you're using because X is on cooldown persay like other caster's basic spells.

7+ Year Old Account
    Frost Bolt procs Fingers of Frost + Brain Freeze. You don't just cast it because there is nothing else to cast.

Arcane Blast builds up Arcane Charges + Clearcasting. You don't just cast it because there is nothing else to cast. (Then again, that is less of a point if you play Kyrian, but let's disregard that).

Fireball builds up Pyroblasts. You don't just cast it because there is nothing else to cast.
    I was asking about those Evoker fillers.

They proc Essence Burst, completely erasing Makorus' point.

We are set for a 2022 release
    The dungeons look cool from the journal
    The raid looks cool
    The gear looks cool
    Story is dragons which I like
    Devs have a different attitude towards feedback which is refreshing and definitely welcome since for the last 4 years we've had "no you're wrong...wait you're right please don't leave"
    We have them saying they won't make the game needlessly complicated just to slow down the top guilds
    We get group loot back which personally I'm just happy the ilvl restrictions are being removed
    We get them saying you won't feel the need to log in every day but when you do log in you'll have a bunch of stuff to do

Idk what happened but I'm happy with it