7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Woah! Black Empire? I love that idea.

I wonder how many of these are dungeons and how many of these are simply wings of a particular dungeon, raid, or feature (whatever "Race Through Time" is.)
    It's going to be some scenario adventure, probably ala Deaths of Chromie.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    That'd be quite interesting—I'd love to see that plot thread wrapped up.

I recall that our character was actually a prominent suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    That'd be quite interesting—I'd love to see that plot thread wrapped up.

I recall that our character was actually a prominent suspect.
    Considering that it's from someone who has to remind themselves that Chromie is a dragon, I'm not sure it's the MC who has interacted with a billion dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Considering that it's from someone who has to remind themselves that Chromie is a dragon, I'm not sure it's the MC who has interacted with a billion dragons.
    Fair enough, but these are in the "ravings" stage, so it's very likely that whatever iteration of our character wrote it is in something of a state that may impair their decision-making and memory. The "familiar handwriting" certainly could suggest a number of people, but something about it simply leans me towards thinking its our character. It's also wholly within their capacity to get such a large concentration of varying creatures going after Chromie.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It could be the solo/small group content concept only added on a patch. A common idea here and elsewhere was that if you wanted solo/small group instanced content that is evergreen, Cavern of Times is probably the best fit since you can keep adding and it can be used parallel to any other theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I don’t know where they had dimorphism in Gnolls but Unless it’s a actual wow media like comics or books it’s not canon to wow so if it’s in hots hearthstone or something that doesn’t actually mean any thing.
    Traveler book, where they first unveiled Mueh'zala. The female Gnoll has very obviously feminine traits to her face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It could be the solo/small group content concept only added on a patch. A common idea here and elsewhere was that if you wanted solo/small group instanced content that is evergreen, Cavern of Times is probably the best fit since you can keep adding and it can be used parallel to any other theme.
    I just hope it's more objective based like MoP scenarios and not a straight up zergfest like island expeditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    I just hope it's more objective based like MoP scenarios and not a straight up zergfest like island expeditions.
    I'd like it to take inspiration from everything they've tried so far. Island events could easily be changed into storylines and with a "Back to the Past" concept you can have different routes that show different parts of the story giving variety to each location. But it also needs good rewards. And if it can have a challenge mode like Visions that can award gear (Either directly or through the Vault like Torghast was originally supposed to do) even better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd like it to take inspiration from everything they've tried so far. Island events could easily be changed into storylines and with a "Back to the Past" concept you can have different routes that show different parts of the story giving variety to each location. But it also needs good rewards. And if it can have a challenge mode like Visions that can award gear (Either directly or through the Vault like Torghast was originally supposed to do) even better.
    I think if it was something like that they, unfortunately, would have announced it with the expansion because that sounds amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    I think if it was something like that they, unfortunately, would have announced it with the expansion because that sounds amazing.
    Oh I don't think it will happen, just dreaming. But if you feel you cannot launch with that feature without a significant delay, you can just delay the feature for the second or third patch. I also think it's going to be reusing a lot of assets. We saw maps for most of the locations shown there; Black Empire will likely use the Nyalotha map, War of Shifting Sands will use the Silithus one etc.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfunnymeme View Post
    Traveler book, where they first unveiled Mueh'zala. The female Gnoll has very obviously feminine traits to her face.
    if you have the book could you give an example of what kinds of traits?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    if you have the book could you give an example of what kinds of traits?
    Here you go:

#TEAMGIRAFFE

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    ah, wouldn't quite say her face is any different then the new a male Gnoll's but the hair and seeming boob does stand out.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Maybe I missed them changing it at some point but she most defiantly wasn’t a drakes in the CoS.
    But which version of chromie was that??
    She's essentially got the Dr. Who thing going where based on the dialog we don't know what point in her timeline we are meeting which is weird because the chrome flight isn't supposed to be able to travel quickly

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    But which version of chromie was that??
    She's essentially got the Dr. Who thing going where based on the dialog we don't know what point in her timeline we are meeting which is weird because the chrome flight isn't supposed to be able to travel quickly
    Chromie's timeline of appearances relative to us is decidedly out of order - suffice it to say that Chronormu in CoS is an adult dragon. She has on various occasions changed from her customary gnome visage form into a drake and a whelping in addition to her adult dragon forms in WotLK and Dragonflight. It's assumed that Chromie/Chronormu is currently an adult dragon relative to her own timeline, as she's been around for quite some time relative to Azeroth's history (although how old or when she hatched is completely unknown).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Chromie's timeline of appearances relative to us is decidedly out of order - suffice it to say that Chronormu in CoS is an adult dragon. She has on various occasions changed from her customary gnome visage form into a drake and a whelping in addition to her adult dragon forms in WotLK and Dragonflight. It's assumed that Chromie/Chronormu is currently an adult dragon relative to her own timeline, as she's been around for quite some time relative to Azeroth's history (although how old or when she hatched is completely unknown).
    I'm hoping they pull a River Song and have us watch her die only to then hatch a baby chromie

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    I'm hoping they pull a River Song and have us watch her die only to then hatch a baby chromie
    With the Bronze, that's entirely possible and, at some point, probably even likely.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Wrought of twilit parity, of august singularity
    Congealed to thought, concealed in rock;
    And resplendence—her blazing incandescence
    Drawn by emerald,
    Come greener eyes from everywhere—
    Of Void and Light, and dreadful blight
    And other things which bred her fright

Retribution! Retribution!
    Bred by brooding perturbation
    O, Azeroth, inspired architect—
    Her breeding opus to perfect
    Conquest is her brush, genocide her tarp
    Green flame, azure blade, and crimson carp

The King of Diamonds, her unswerving pawn;
    The Queen of Spades, who flees from dawn,
    The Jack of Hearts, quixotic fawn,
    The Ace of Clubs, squamous, morion—
    Crimson, obsidian, her pallet 'neath the lawn.

'fore jealous stars, her final instar—
    The metamorphosis ensues.

Her cloak is made of skulls, like the path down Draenor way—
    'mongst accumulating burials and bloody blades she lay,
    Exuberant, anticipant—she long awaits the fray.
    The Final Titan, o Archon! Eidolon of war!
    Feast where scarlet rivers pour!
    The Queen of War in a world of sin
    The crucible of ages begins and never ends.

(My other one was better : ( )
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2022-07-22 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    With the Bronze, that's entirely possible and, at some point, probably even likely.
    We do know when our characters met Chromie for the first time from her perspective though. That being the end of the Well of Eternity dungeon when she greets us as strangers, as opposed to the usual friendly greeting.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

So according to the discussion preach talked about on stream it does seem like blizzard has recognized the consequences of the mentality during BfA and shadowlands development "this is how the game works you'll need to play parts of the game you don't like" and are moving back to the old way of "here's content have fun"

- - - Updated - - -

Now if only they didn't nerf laser bear...

Taking bets on what class gets released Tuesday
    Personally hoping for monk but I'll assume paladin

Also I definitely suggest having an alt early and using your main as a gatherer that way you can send work orders to your alt and slowly generate gold from others as well. The gear will also be very needed to get high quality materials which is why my evoker is going to be my gatherer and first alt

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    We do know when our characters met Chromie for the first time from her perspective though. That being the end of the Well of Eternity dungeon when she greets us as strangers, as opposed to the usual friendly greeting.
    But since then we've gotten way more doctor who material for references