Quote Originally Posted by MightyWarrior View Post
    After seeing warrior talents, think im more hyped for DF than any expansion. Legion 2nd.
    Are the warrior talents up? Wowhead doesn't have them yet

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Following up on my post from earlier.

This dagger from this wowhead post is called "Knife_1H_Ysera"

and this off-hand is called "Offhand_1H_Ysera"

If you compare the design of those weapons to the new model on the loading screen, it's a perfect match to her new armor, specifically the hair band and the hipguards. The person on the loading screen is without a doubt resurrected Ysera, not Merithra.
    Omg I was literally just making that observation myself and I come here and you've written exactly what I was gonna say! Hehe.
    Anyways, I'm happy. I love Ysera, so cool to have her back. Also, love the little animacone in her scepter from her time in ardenweald.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Omg I was literally just making that observation myself and I come here and you've written exactly what I was gonna say! Hehe.
    Anyways, I'm happy. I love Ysera, so cool to have her back. Also, love the little animacone in her scepter from her time in ardenweald.
    Haha, great timing! I generally don't like bringing characters back to life but I'm making an exception for Ysera because I feel like it makes sense for someone of her status + Elune's involvement, so I'm happy too. The little Ardenweald influence is great as is her new model as a whole to be honest, she deserves it after being stuck with that old shitty one for all of Shadowlands while everything else around her looked great and high res. Hopefully wowhead changes the info on their article cos right now it's causing a lot of misinformation to spread cos they wrote it's Merithra and everyone is blindly trusting them.
    Last edited by Adoxe; 2022-07-27 at 01:44 AM.

Fairly happy about what I've seen with Paladin. Plenty of utility in the class tree and when it comes to the prot tree I can tell I will need at least 5-6 different builds depending on content. At current numbers, Focused Enmity would mean my tankadin will outdps most of the less skilled dps in my group. But yeah, excited for the talent tree as Prot. Ret I am not so sure; hate that Final Reckoning, my favourite talent in SL, is behind Ashes to Ashes, my least favourite tier set.

That Wrathion, Nozdormu, Kalecgos set in the loading screen makes me want to write decided NSFW fanfiction.

Damn, the new Arcane Mage cooldown sounds really fun.

Really happy with the Mage Trees (no Prismatic Crystal though )

Anyone got an invite yet from this wave (if there has been one?)?)

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Damn, the new Arcane Mage cooldown sounds really fun.

Really happy with the Mage Trees (no Prismatic Crystal though )

Anyone got an invite yet from this wave (if there has been one?)?)
    The spec-trees are mostly ok if rather unexciting.
    The base class tree is just a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    The spec-trees are mostly ok if rather unexciting.
    The base class tree is just a mess.
    The base class tree is shit, I agree.

The base class tree is shit, I agree.
    I think one of the issues is, that you have to make choices, but none of those choices are actually fun. it's like going shopping for tools when you don't really care about them. Yes, they are useful but are you excited to actually have them? No.

I think one of the issues is, that you have to make choices, but none of those choices are actually fun. it's like going shopping for tools when you don't really care about them. Yes, they are useful but are you excited to actually have them? No.
    I like the healing and more shields, speed and shields from blinking, and other such things!
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Are people seriously asking for more throughput talents in the class tree??? I am happy that mage class tree is mostly utility.

Pretty poor choices for mage talents so far, hopefully a lot of it gets changed. worst legendary playstyles, SL conduits which are irrelevant at such low ranks. very little of the actual mage players wishlist on there.

fire shows how little they play the game - giving mages back 1 min combustion, but not the powerups that made 1 min actually good. bfa 1 min bust build was good because you had multiple buffs every time, without them, its a wet noodle.

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    I like the healing and more shields, speed and shields from blinking, and other such things!
    Are people seriously asking for more throughput talents in the class tree??? I am happy that mage class tree is mostly utility.
    Not talking about throughput. I really like stuff like Mass Polymorph, Ice Floes being back for all specs and i personally always liked Tempest Shield.
    The problem lies mostly in pathing and the amount of multiple point nodes that just feel bad. Making some of the 3-point-nodes two pointes could already free some points up for fun talents, imho. I also wonder if they couldn't find a better fire capstone than meteor. Depends on balancing I guess, but compared to greater Invis and Shifting power I'd say that's a bit lackluster.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebron View Post
    Interesting that Blizzard would spoil that with the loading screen already though. - for that single reason you can know it's not Ysera
    Or we bring her back during the pre-patch, hence her being on the loading screen during launch wouldn't spoil anything. Besides that, the interesting part isn't that she is coming back (we already know that from the epilogue), but how and what sacrifice we have to give.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    There's a massive difference actually. Two of them. You have to pay more to learn more of the story, and it's in an entirely different type of media. Maybe if it was a short story for free on their website, that'd be cool. But no, it's not.

Something like Chronicles is cool, because it's like an encyclopedia that goes deep into the lore of the world in general. But releasing a companion novel for each expansion that players who like the lore feel forced to buy because there's important details isn't nice. Of course people can get a PDF illegally through some means but that's not really nice is it?
    Again, nothing wrong with paying extra to get extra fluff for your hobby. No one complains that there are thousands of Warhammer books to enrichen the lore of GW's games either (which cost a loooot more than the small sub fee WoW has) because why would you complain about extra stuff ... oO. I don't get it.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Or we bring her back during the pre-patch, hence her being on the loading screen during launch wouldn't spoil anything. Besides that, the interesting part isn't that she is coming back (we already know that from the epilogue), but how and what sacrifice we have to give.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, nothing wrong with paying extra to get extra fluff for your hobby. No one complains that there are thousands of Warhammer books to enrichen the lore of GW's games either (which cost a loooot more than the small sub fee WoW has) because why would you complain about extra stuff ... oO. I don't get it.
    Buying a book to understand the story of a game is not "extra fluff", it's the basic story.

Buying a book to understand the story of a game is not "extra fluff", it's the basic story.
    When was the last time you actually had to buy a book to get an important plotpoint? War Crimes?

7+ Year Old Account
    But they don't do books anymore than are "required to understand the story". The basic story is in the game.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    It's alright to have extra stuff, when they are, you know... extra. Like world-building and fleshing out the already known story.

When you already pay the price for a full game, plus a subscription, it's a dick move to hide crucial story elements in other, monetized, sources.

Not everyone(only a portion of the players, actually) is invested in the story to an extent, where they will seek out-of-game sources, in order to be able to get the complete picture. Which leads to the story appearing as even bigger mess than it actually is, the most recent example being Shadowlands.
    unclench your jaw

When was the last time you actually had to buy a book to get an important plotpoint? War Crimes?
    I'd say Before the Storm but halfway through BfA it nearly felt retconned. It did feel very important during early BfA though, practically setting up a Stormwind Raid. And then with Sylvanas they were all sewn back together like Frankenstein.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    It's alright to have extra stuff, when they are, you know... extra. Like world-building and fleshing out the already known story.

When you already pay the price for a full game, plus a subscription, it's a dick move to hide crucial story elements in other, monetized, sources.

Not everyone(only a portion of the players, actually) is invested in the story to an extent, where they will seek out-of-game sources, in order to be able to get the complete picture. Which leads to the story appearing as even bigger mess than it actually is, the most recent example being Shadowlands.
    You didn't need "Shadows Rising" to understand Shadowlands. One could argue that it was actually a waste of money to buy that book because it was that much unimportant to the game. For "Sylvanas" - all it did was fix BfA (which isn't the fault of the current writers lol). Regarding Shadowlands, again there was nothing new in it which we didn't already know from questing in the Shadowlands. And one would argue that it makes sense that our characters don't know the PoV of Sylvanas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd say Before the Storm but halfway through BfA it nearly felt retconned. It did feel very important during early BfA though, practically setting up a Stormwind Raid. And then with Sylvanas they were all sewn back together like Frankenstein.
    The only important points of BtS were the Desolate Council (which was world building and felt super out of place and full of newly created no-names when the book came out, honestly that thing only makes sense now that we have real forsaken characters on the new one) aswell as Calia. That said, BfA as a whole was a mess but that was pretty much Afrasiabi's fault anyways. And Calia was a late addition to the book because Christie felt "it felt right to use Calia for that plot point". Hence we never saw her in BfA 'till we got to the epilogue. Or in other words, the Calia bit wasn't "hey we have this thing we should tell ingame but no tell it in the book to get more sales", but rather "this feels right for my story, can I use her?". Which is different from the Cataclysm or WoD novel.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-07-27 at 08:09 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yeah, i was thinking about Before the Storm, but the only thing of relevance that happens, that wasn't portrayed in the game was the death and resurrection of Calia. In the whole scheme of things the Gathering and the first Desolate Council were really minor