Merithra also used a generic model.

Not to crazy to think that she will get a unique model for Dragonflight.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebron View Post
    Well yeah, could be true. But then again, why would they bother to re-create her appearance in human form, once it's already been established in the past?.
    Established?
    Her visage was a recolor of Alex but with druid shoulderpads.

They gave her a unique outfit to set her apart, as they did with everyone else.
    Besides, all of her core design features are all still present:
    - bright horns
    - markings
    - moon earings
    - moon tiara thing
    - bob hairdo with tail
    - dark blue eyes (as of SL)

Again, the art does not tell us anything that didn't already knew.
    All it tells us that 1) she'll be involved, which we already knew she would and 2) she'll get a new model which we knew she would.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Merithra also used a generic model.

Not to crazy to think that she will get a unique model for Dragonflight.
    A model that just looks identical to Yseras model design, down to the tiniest detail?
    Including details that shouldn't be there, like her dark blue eyes?

Formerly known as Arafal

I'll just chime in and say its Merithra.

I think should Ysera come back she will definitely have an aesthetic that reflects how she's bound to the weald instead of the Emerald Dream.

I mean, Merithra is literally already in the files, and she has the same model she has in BFA.

The Green Dragon on the loading screen is Ysera.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I mean, Merithra is literally already in the files, and she has the same model she has in BFA.

The Green Dragon on the loading screen is Ysera.
    Not out of the realm of possibility they simply haven't gotten to her model to update it yet.

That said, I'd lean toward it being Ysera and wouldn't give it much important anyway.

It doesnt matter who it is on the loading screen. Krexus was on the loading screen. He got killed offscreen 2 hours into leveling. It could be ysera. It could mean she gets revived, or not. It could be Merithra, it could not be. I think it is OK for Ysera to be there, even when she will play no role in DF. She is after all the most popular green dragon. No one knows Merithra.

What if it's Merithra after she's elevated to the rank of Aspect? Yes the moon crescent jewelry is very similar to Ysera, but it's not the same tint or exact shape. Eyes could be explained through a connection to Ardenweald and Ysera passing some of her wisdom or powers to Merithra. After all, she's her daughter, it's not too crazy to think she'd look like her mother especially when occupating the same role?

I'm conflicted on this, part of me sees Ysera, the other thinks it could be an updated Merithra which doesn't have her new model yet in the files

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizz talks about Prot Palas:

Avenger's Shield not silencing is a bug.
    Divine Steed has a bug that increases its cooldown by 15 sec.
    Avenger's Shield is intentionally not granting Holy Power.
    Shield of the Righteous uptime will be constrained, but some defensive power will be removed out of SoTR and into other forms of mitigation.
    Divine Toll will likely be updated due to the removal of Holy Power from Avenger's Shield
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-07-27 at 08:28 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    A model that just looks identical to Yseras model design, down to the tiniest detail?
    Including details that shouldn't be there, like her dark blue eyes?
    Imagine that, a daughter looking very similar to her mother.

It's also not identical. The crescent isn't the same crescent, it's a new smaller more elongated one. The hair isn't Ysera's typical high ponytail, it's a longer, thicker braided style. The eye marking aren't Yseras (merithra doesn't have consistent markings), the skin color isn't the same, and perhaps more improtantly, unlike the other four who all have outfits directly in line with/updated from their previous versions--the green dragon here is wearing an outfit that is absolutely nothing like Ysera's previous clothing in shape, style, or color.

Ysera was specifically soulbound to Ardenweald and can't leave without "a great sacrifice". She also phrases her potential return as a "one day" thing. They're not going to bring her back 1-2 patches later. Follow the simple story beats, guys. They've been building Merithra as someone struggling to step into her mother's role for a couple expansions now, and Ysera was firmly sidelined.

They lost their Aspect, Ysera being killed in Legion--and now she is in Ardenweald, in the Shadowlands, and she remains bound there. So her daughter, Merithra, has had to try to take up some of that mantle and lead, but she faces questions about herself and her role as well. So the green flight has a lot of things to answer and explore in their legacy.
    is Danuser's exact description of the green flight's story in Dragonflight. The answer to who Merithra is and her difficulties living up to her Mother's role are not going to be "Ysera comes back and retakes her place, and Merithra goes back to not having to worry about anything and is just a dragon".

It is very likely just Merithra's new model, given actual similar horns to her mother rather than default demon hunter asset horns, given a proper dragon eye glow like Alex and Nozdormu instead of the generic night elf one, and given a crescent similar to her mother's.

So we know that Tyrande is going to give Merythra the seed of Elune infused with SL power + dead night elves.

We know that Ysera told Tyrande to give it to her daughter because she will know where to bring the seed to secure it (aka the dragon islands, which makes me wonder how Ysera knew there were open again).

I guess we will get a questline (maybe prepatch ?) where Merithra meets with Ysera and she gains some of the power from her mother... explaining the same outfit and blue eyes.

Or we won't get any of it and it's just a complete redesign of Merithra and blizzard will tell us that "she decided to change her visage form to match her mother".

Homophobia is so gay.

I am trying to limit how much of DF I spoil for myself but the more and more I see from the zones, the more Shadowlands looks worse in retrospect. Dragonflight so far feels like the real successor to BfA and SLs was just some weird and mostly unnecessary side story we were forced to detour with for 2 years.

Man, I've watched a couple runs of the new dungeons and they just continue the trend of dungeons becoming more homogenized and soulless every expac. I really hate what m+ has done to dungeons, they're just so generic now. These don't even look at that cool visually (life pools is ok).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Man, I've watched a couple runs of the new dungeons and they just continue the trend of dungeons becoming more homogenized and soulless every expac. I really hate what m+ has done to dungeons, they're just so generic now. These don't even look at that cool visually (life pools is ok).
    Every dungeon just have to have 4 bosses and similar trash composition to fit MDI esports.

Whole lotta buzzwords in there. What do you actually want? What are you considering a not generic homogenized dungeon?

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Blizz talks about Prot Palas:

Avenger's Shield not silencing is a bug.
    Divine Steed has a bug that increases its cooldown by 15 sec.
    Avenger's Shield is intentionally not granting Holy Power.
    Shield of the Righteous uptime will be constrained, but some defensive power will be removed out of SoTR and into other forms of mitigation.
    Divine Toll will likely be updated due to the removal of Holy Power from Avenger's Shield
    As long as we are not squishier than a clothie the moment SoTR is not up, I'm ok with that.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/Portergauge/stat...OZkUT3abw&s=19

So, there is indeed a time skip between the end of SL and DF.

Thalyssra and Lor'themar also got married in that time.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account

Now that's something I would have loved to see ingame ....

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I like how the usual suspects immediately tried to show Turalyon being crazy against the dragons and here we see a reasonable man tempering his opinion through facts and just being cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I like how the usual suspects immediately tried to show Turalyon being crazy against the dragons and here we see a reasonable man tempering his opinion through facts and just being cautious.
    Blizzard rarely writes like that, though. People equate a reasonable precaution with a narrative flag for all out war or whatever because that is precisely the kind of thing the WarCraft franchise does. And that's not a bad thing, either - it's always been over-the-top bombastic.

Completely agreed. It got significantly worse in SL and now they trend continues in DF? MDI and Esports is complete cancer to this game and has ruined Dungeons in many ways. While M+ itself is an excellent idea the focus on MDI, Esports is complete trash and make dungeon running dull and boring. Sick of it and its community as well. Toxic meta pusher, annoying and cringey streamers and just boring content.