Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Doing the timeskip BEFORE a world revamp makes me worried about it actually happening, TBH. It feels bizarre to do it now.
    It doesn't feel bizarre because there will never be another world revamp. People need to give up the idea of a Cataclysm 2.0 scenario for WoW.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Keep in mind any dialogue, especially before it's voice-over'd, is very subject to change. While it does feel like they're set on at least going a couple years forward, plans can still change right up to the retail 10.0/book release.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I was personally very disappointed when the follow-up quest wasn't Turalyon opening up the camps and deporting the dracthyr population as the Holy Light intended. But no, it was just a fairly sensible reaction on the part of a kingdom that has very bad experiences with Deathwing's progeny.
    I mean to be fair, the holy light has no issues with dragons.

The light even gave Velen a vision of dragons within the Army of the Light fighting against the void. So the light does want some dragons for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Doing the timeskip BEFORE a world revamp makes me worried about it actually happening, TBH. It feels bizarre to do it now.
    World revamp is a pipedream that won't happen because it is too much work for not-new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I was personally very disappointed when the follow-up quest wasn't Turalyon opening up the camps and deporting the dracthyr population as the Holy Light intended. But no, it was just a fairly sensible reaction on the part of a kingdom that has very bad experiences with Deathwing's progeny.

Bob doesn't give me strap-on vibes honestly.
    Bob might not want his significant other to strap on, but he does strike me as someone with a bit of a domination kink going by his treatment of Sylvanas.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I'm reasonably sure that Cata being the disaster it was means there will never be another world revamp.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    The "several years" is the interesting thing to me. What are we talking about here, 5 years? 7 years?

Maybe this is done to age up certain characters. Like for instance, depending how long it ends up being Moira and Thaurissan's child should be a young adult at this point, I think? Otherwise I agree, its weird to do this specifically for DF.
    Big daddy anduin returning

World revamp has to happen, can't see it not happening, every expansion that goes by without one makes the game feel like older and older.
    The main focus in my opinion should always be around Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor

Would also be nice to see Northrend included with a world revamp, maybe in patch content.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I'm reasonably sure that Cata being the disaster it was means there will never be another world revamp.
    Or Cata being the disaster it was makes it more likely we will get a world revam done right, since Cata already did all the mistakes once.

The best argument for a world revamp will always be that Blizzard will at some point race a choice between something players already enjoy, or something they have never heard of before. And given Shadowlands was also a disaster I think Blizzard will go for a revamp to date players who want to return to old favourites instead of making a zone noone cares about.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just curious; are daggers still only transmogable with other daggers or have they opened them up to the other 1h weapons?
    AFAIK they are only mogable with themselves on Live Retail.

If they aren't, I feel like Dragonflight would be the perfect time to allow it. They are opening up white quality gear to be eligible, and daggers are pretty much the only weapon type left out of their hand-class (all 2h weapons can be mogged with each other, all 1h weapons (barring daggers) can be mogged with each other, guns/bows/crossbows can be mogged with each other, heck - wands can be mogged onto 1h weapons and vice versa IIRC).

It would open up so much more transmog options.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Not really. All the cata zones are like 5 years behind or something anyway. If the revamp comes after DF that just means everything in the new zones will be set after DF.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Big daddy anduin returning
    Maybe to age up Wrathion on well so he's not a literal child.

That is true.
    Really I don't think they would have Wrathion on the loading screen and have his first interaction with Sabellian show him completely outclassed if they did NOT intend for him to pull a reversal. And I think Anduin will show up by the end of the xpac.

The timeskip also explains why the Nelves are gone from Stormwind, though it does call into question where they are.

7+ Year Old Account
    The timeskip also explains why the Nelves are gone from Stormwind, though it does call into question where they are.
    Where else would they be other than rebuilding around Hyjal?

Formerly known as Arafal

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    He was already a drake at the end of BfA. He was, at worst, a dragon teenager there. Anduin was also a teenager.

Blizzard: "Oh, we will make your character part of the story!"

Also Blizzard: "There is a x year timeskip and your character somehow is unaware of anything that happened"

Cool B)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Blizzard: "Oh, we will make your character part of the story!"

Also Blizzard: "There is a x year timeskip and your character somehow is unaware of anything that happened"

Cool B)
    Yeah, the idea of a timeskip would make so much more sense if we actually had housing in the game. Atleast we could say than we retired haha.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-07-28 at 04:52 PM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    Renown only has a cap of 30, and its account wide.

With it being so low, i wonder how long progression will take.
    https://twitter.com/MrGMYT/status/1552629065424814080

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Yeah, the idea of a timeskip would make so much more sense if we actually had housing in the game. Atleast we could say than we retired haha.
    I mean maybe the timeskip happens during prepatch

Homophobia is so gay.