7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    That dragon is probably for the Year of the Dragon 6 month sub.
    If that was the case the mount would be lunar year themed, which it isn't.

I's just a skinny drake.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I don't know where the sudden idea that the mount is scrapped comes from? It was obviously either end game or patch content (and both is currently not available on the alpha). Stop spreading panic and negative mood ffs.
    Please quote me exactly where I say it's scrapped. I'll wait!

All I said is datamining is not fact. Saying that it's in datamining and thus is going to be ingame exactly like that is a big yikes.
    And then blaming Blizzard when it doesn't turn out the way people demanded based on 0 info? Yes that's what I meant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Exiles Reach faction commanders are present in DF, and they befriended each other. Seems Blizz is doing a story prep for more cross faction stuff in DF.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/exiles-...nflight-328060
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-07-30 at 11:52 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Dude, it's an already finished HD mount with lots of dragonriding customizations available and in the database. They are obviously not scrapping it.
    You're the spitting image of the issue with datamining. You have already decided what this was going to be without any actual word from Blizzard and are now defending your mental image, even if what Blizzard was or is going to do with it is completely unrelated. For all we know, it might be purely for NPC use.

Fact is, we don't know if they were ever planning to give it to us in the first place.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You're the spitting image of the issue with datamining. You have already decided what this was going to be without any actual word from Blizzard and are now defending your mental image, even if what Blizzard was or is going to do with it is completely unrelated. For all we know, it might be purely for NPC use.

Fact is, we don't know if they were ever planning to give it to us in the first place.
    It has the same entries as all the other dragonriding mounts in the database for it's customization.

https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/sta...875968/photo/3

It's not for NPC use only lol.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Ehm, yes... they clearly made a completely brand new model with dragonriding animations with idea of never putting it live in the first place.
    I can see you are trying to show off your sharp logic here - the thing is, anything that has not found it's place in released alpha builds should be considered a "mental image" then, since we have 0 clue whether it was ever intended to go live. But it's not how it works. And with a huge confidence one could say that a unique rig for a new dragon-type (we have just 3 in game: drake, proto-drake and a chinese serpent) is meant to go live sometime in the future. Possibly it requires some changes due to motion-sickness issue that has already been raised and made Blizzard aware, or because it's unique and they want to hide it as a superior reward for superior achievements.

I hope the customization for the drakes gets a lot cooler than what has been previewed, which is pretty basic. Like, where are the protodrake skins that look like this?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I hope the customization for the drakes gets a lot cooler than what has been previewed, which is pretty basic. Like, where are the protodrake skins that look like this?

I imagine they may be rare drops from their respective incarnates? Either that or maybe M+ seasonal rewards?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I imagine they may be rare drops from their respective incarnates? Either that or maybe M+ seasonal rewards?
    Keep in mind the above are just mobs, there are no alternate drake skins that look like those:

https://www.wowhead.com/news/dragonr...o-drake-328009

I just hope the customizations at end-game get a little more creative in terms of making the drakes look more visually striking compared to their vanilla models.
    Last edited by infinitemeridian; 2022-07-30 at 01:13 PM.

Does make me curious what future Dragonriding rewards might end up being if they keep adding stuff. Infinite Dragonflight coloration seems like a good one, maybe a golden one to go with the Soul of the Aspects HD mount...
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind the above are just mobs, there are no alternate drake skins that look like those:

https://www.wowhead.com/news/dragonr...o-drake-328009

I just hope the customizations at end-game get a little more creative in terms of making the drakes look more visually striking compared to their vanilla models.
    Yeah I know, but it would be missed opportunity to not give us these skins as mounts. Raszageth f.e. could drop a smaller version of herself on Mythic. Also I actually would prefer them to be seperate from the "classic" renewed proto drake mount.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Yeah I know, but it would be missed opportunity to not give us these skins as mounts. Raszageth f.e. could drop a smaller version of herself on Mythic. Also I actually would prefer them to be seperate from the "classic" renewed proto drake mount.
    For me that would depend on potential combinations or lack thereof.
    Infinite Dragonflight colorations I would want to be a choice rather than a new mount since that would allow a more unique mount. Whereas a Raszageth mount could probably be a unique one, seeing as it likely would force a make a whole bunch of individual customizations like tail or horns unavailable.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    For me that would depend on potential combinations or lack thereof.
    Infinite Dragonflight colorations I would want to be a choice rather than a new mount since that would allow a more unique mount. Whereas a Raszageth mount could probably be a unique one, seeing as it likely would force a make a whole bunch of individual customizations like tail or horns unavailable.
    Well if they have all the "normal" drake customizations for the infinite anyways they could still just release it as a seperate mount. I'm quite hyped for the dragonriding drakes but I really don't want to loose out on getting lots of new mounts. And something as different as an infinite dragon deserves to be it's own mount imo. Also I really don't want to decide between using an infinite skin or a classic one.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-07-30 at 02:30 PM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Nebron View Post
    Ehm, yes... they clearly made a completely brand new model with dragonriding animations with idea of never putting it live in the first place.
    I can see you are trying to show off your sharp logic here - the thing is, anything that has not found it's place in released alpha builds should be considered a "mental image" then, since we have 0 clue whether it was ever intended to go live. But it's not how it works.
    That's exactly how it works. Blizzard has scrapped bigger things than that before. Until they actually release it to live or make an announcement, there's no "huge confidence".

7+ Year Old Account
    That's exactly how it works. Blizzard has scrapped bigger things than that before. Until they actually release it to live or make an announcement, there's no "huge confidence".
    Let me guess, you are also one of these people who were adamant that the Dragonflight site and Alextrasza artwork were red flags from Blizzard to hide their actual expansion, right? They have scrapped unfinished things at an early stage before - the mount is finished and just may need some animation reworks because of motion sickness issues. Either that or they just try to hide it again because it was supposed to be a surprise (we already know they also fucked up with the underground 10.1 map because they actually did hide all dev maps with the latest builds).
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-07-30 at 02:56 PM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

"It was in the Alpha so it will be added!" is just as an idiotic stance as "They put fake stuff in the Alpha for marketing/to trick people!"

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    That dragon is probably for the Year of the Dragon 6 month sub.
    2023 is year of the rabbit.

While it is awesome that we will finally get the bunny mount, the serpent dragon will have nothing to do with the Chinese new year event.

- - - Updated - - -

Those are primalists, the elemental dragons that are our enemy here.

We will ride only Aspect-aligned dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    In World of Warcraft? The chance of us killing something then riding it's offspring or clone is near 100%

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Those are primalists, the elemental dragons that are our enemy here.

So were the Kor'kron, Twillights, Gronn, Iron Horde, Scourge, Legion, etc.

Yet we have mounts of all of those groups to run around on.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    In World of Warcraft? The chance of us killing something then riding it's offspring or clone is near 100%
    Yeah, to quote Ion:

If anything, you know with tons of new creatures and a huge new bestiary to encounter, you can rest assured that basically anything with four legs, two legs, or any number of legs, odds are that we're going to make it into a mount at some point, because we know that's what you want.

#TEAMGIRAFFE