Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Yeah, to quote Ion:
    Centaur Mount confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Those are primalists, the elemental dragons that are our enemy here.

We will ride only Aspect-aligned dragons.
    We already know Gladiator will offer both a mount and dragonriding skins. You think Mythic raids will not do the same? I expect an infinite skin from Murozond and primal skins from Razsageth and the others.

2023 is year of the rabbit.

While it is awesome that we will finally get the bunny mount, the serpent dragon will have nothing to do with the Chinese new year event.

- - - Updated - - -

Those are primalists, the elemental dragons that are our enemy here.

We will ride only Aspect-aligned dragons.
    ???

I don't think the alignment matters for a mount skin lmao. We literally have an Ur'zul as a mount which is the twisted souls and bodies of the army we are fighting for lmao.

Yeah I know, but it would be missed opportunity to not give us these skins as mounts. Raszageth f.e. could drop a smaller version of herself on Mythic. Also I actually would prefer them to be seperate from the "classic" renewed proto drake mount.
    It would be nice as we defeat certain enemies we can give their unique powers to our dragons , yes.

But regular dragons with infinite variety > weird dragon shaped elementals, imo
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    It would be nice as we defeat certain enemies we can give their unique powers to our dragons , yes.

But regular dragons with infinite variety > weird dragon shaped elementals, imo
    Earth primalist protodrake with the infinite Dragonflight monochromatic coloration. Now that would certainly be an appearance worthy several Mythic only mounts.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Instead of nerfing Soar, why don't they just allow dragonriding in old zones and then everyone is happy.

A solution to a nerf which I don't think anyone asked for ^

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyWarrior View Post
    Instead of nerfing Soar, why don't they just allow dragonriding in old zones and then everyone is happy.

Because they want to pretend that Dragonriding totally won't be expanded over the rest of Azeroth by 10.2.

Formerly known as Arafal

Alternatively, make soar work exactly like dragon riding, incl. no CD, Vigor and only in DI. For the best of both worlds, add a second soar that works exactly like epic flying mounts for the old world.

If I had to chose, I'd rather be able to fulfill my dragon fantasy in current content, rather than being forced to mount up just so I can have a bit of a bonus in older content that I'll rarely get to touch.

Because they won't keep Dragonriding past Dragonflight, and Dracthyr having soar would make them unfair towards other races in 11.0.

Yeah, to quote Ion:

If anything, you know with tons of new creatures and a huge new bestiary to encounter, you can rest assured that basically anything with four legs, two legs, or any number of legs, odds are that we're going to make it into a mount at some point, because we know that's what you want.
    since Ion’s quote is leading to that expansions spitting in hundreds of obtainable mounts, it seems i am not one of that „you“ in „…what you want“.

i stopped my mount collectors career while WoD, because the sheer amaount of mounts they spitted into the game killed every fun for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Because they won't keep Dragonriding past Dragonflight, and Dracthyr having soar would make them unfair towards other races in 11.0.
    Druids have instant mount
    Warlocks and Hunters have pets
    Mages have portals

Unfair advantages, might as well remove those!

7+ Year Old Account
    Please. It is almost guaranteed they will expand DR past DF.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Druids have instant mount
    Warlocks and Hunters have pets
    Mages have portals

Unfair advantages, might as well remove those!
    Those are Classes, not Races.

So much drama about dracthyr flight nerf. if the game conservatively has 2 mil subs or less, a few streamers communities amount to less than 100k in total. its more important that the game and design is per blizzards image, rather than catering to streamers.

Ppl forgetting the game isnt made for them specifically, blizzard has an overarching idea and its better they stick to its plan than to the whims of a few alpha ppl throwing a hissy fit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    since Ion’s quote is leading to that expansions spitting in hundreds of obtainable mounts, it seems i am not one of that „you“ in „…what you want“.

i stopped my mount collectors career while WoD, because the sheer amaount of mounts they spitted into the game killed every fun for me.
    I never get that take, sorry. More mounts are always good! I guess it depends on why you collect mounts - for the sake of collecting, or the sake of completionism?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Please. It is almost guaranteed they will expand DR past DF.
    Literally no one knows including the deva. Alpha feedback has been positive but they are limited and also only a few weeks. We don't know how the community at large instead of a small sample size will react or how people will feel about it a few months in if it feels old and people just want regular flying again. It may very well continue next expac but claiming it is guaranteed is arrogance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    But if they read the terrain like I do instead of going off of personal desires then they'd understand and wouldn't get their jimmies rustled. Again, I have no intention of maining a tinker, I just know with 100% certainty that they're wow's next playable class. It's so God damn obvious all things considered.

If that triggers people then oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Those are Classes, not Races.
    And at the moment the race and class is one and the same. The talent tree literally includes changes to the racials.

If soar is such a problem by the time Dracthyr can be other classes then just cross that bridge then, by that point they could probably even solve it by letting us Dragonriding anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

I never get that take, sorry. More mounts are always good! I guess it depends on why you collect mounts - for the sake of collecting, or the sake of completionism?
    Variety is good, the number of mounts is just a number.
    Unless the reason to want more mounts is to make the 500 mounts collected achievement even easier then I fail to see the point.
    The Dragonriding mounts should give far more variety than individual mounts ever could as you can make the perfect mount, rather than just one that is okay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Literally no one knows including the deva. Alpha feedback has been positive but they are limited and also only a few weeks. We don't know how the community at large instead of a small sample size will react or how people will feel about it a few months in if it feels old and people just want regular flying again. It may very well continue next expac but claiming it is guaranteed is arrogance.
    It's fun, it solves almost all the issues flying has, it turns flying into another content feature for Blizzard to milk.
    Dragonriding is absolutely staying.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    So much drama about dracthyr flight nerf. if the game conservatively has 2 mil subs or less, a few streamers communities amount to less than 100k in total. its more important that the game and design is per blizzards image, rather than catering to streamers.

Ppl forgetting the game isnt made for them specifically, blizzard has an overarching idea and its better they stick to its plan than to the whims of a few alpha ppl throwing a hissy fit.
    The issue is that the nerf is pointless. The argument that it gives an unfair advantage to pet battles and transmog holds basically no substance when stuff like the Druid dreamway portals, or DI Dwarf mole machines are a thing.

It would legitimately have been a better and more sound argument if they nerfed it solely because players were too excited to use it compared to other classes. As in it literally interfered with the Alpha because players were having too much fun.

what’s the difference?

since you can’t ride 600 mounts at the same time, what is the difference between collecting and completionism ? don’t get it tbh.