Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It's fun, it solves almost all the issues flying has, it turns flying into another content feature for Blizzard to milk.
    Dragonriding is absolutely staying.
    It can't stay because it will invalidate hundreds of mounts already in the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It can't stay because it will invalidate hundreds of mounts already in the game.
    No, it won't. Worst case scenario - they will keep both DR and normal flying for those weird ones. And hundreds of mounts? We got hundreds of some odd, non winged creatures as flying mounts in-game? I don't think so. If the feature is good (and alpha reports show it is), then removing it would be an incomprehensible shot in the the foot by Blizz.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-07-30 at 09:49 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Or they will make other mounts work with it as well. Absolutely no reason to make all older dragon mounts capable of dragonriding, or for that matter any old mount that uses the same skeleton.
    Really at this point the only limiting factor are the unique animations.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Because they won't keep Dragonriding past Dragonflight, and Dracthyr having soar would make them unfair towards other races in 11.0.
    Ah yes, faster flying on a 5 minute cooldown such an unfair advantage.

But druids having an instant interactible flying, ground and underwater mount, mages porting across continents via a single spell cast, Death Knights and Palas getting another 20% bonus mount speed in all situations, Shamans having 2 seperate hearthstones is a-ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    what’s the difference?
    One likes the number on the right to match the number on the left, the other just likes to see bigger numbers.

More than half the mounts in the game are already invalidated, as flying mounts are functionally superior to every ground mount.
    That isn't stopping them from making more grounds mounts, let alone anyone from using them.

Besides, they are not gonna remove hover flight completely anyway.
    For one they'd can't just turn off flying on non-dragonriding mounts, and it would serve as an accessibility option.

Formerly known as Arafal

I imagine they would just slowly all get updated as they released new HD versions of mounts. There might be hundreds of mounts at this point but how many unique rigs are there really?

But regardless, its really no different than what flying did to ground mounts. If they didn't remove flying every expansion they would be useless outside of BGs and a handful of instances.

One likes the number on the right to match the number on the left, the other just likes to see bigger numbers.
    ok, that’s a rather good explanation. really. but just on the term per se. but overall, what’s the difference? it’s not that these types of persons are different. if you wanna match 2 numbers or wanna see a number increased has the same effect, reason-wise. imo.

so, yes, in words or diect terms, this is a difference. in reality? not so much. imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The issue is that the nerf is pointless. The argument that it gives an unfair advantage to pet battles and transmog holds basically no substance when stuff like the Druid dreamway portals, or DI Dwarf mole machines are a thing.

It would legitimately have been a better and more sound argument if they nerfed it solely because players were too excited to use it compared to other classes. As in it literally interfered with the Alpha because players were having too much fun.
    While their argumentation was rather poor, it doesnt change the fact that there is no reason for someone to be able to go double the speed of regular mounts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    what’s the difference?

since you can’t ride 600 mounts at the same time, what is the difference between collecting and completionism ? don’t get it tbh.
    The difference is that I try to get as many mounts possible, but I won't mind if I can't get all of them (well besides FOMO stuff). Someone who only collects stuff to "be a completionist" may be mad about 50-70 new mounts per patch because they "can't finish their collection easily" which honestly is just weird to me. Hence my initial question - do you collect just to see 100% or do you collect because you enjoy collecting in itself.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Them removing the Serpent would imo be the dumbest shit ever
    they made an entire gorgrond map that was redone completely in WoD. They've made for BfA, an entire inn with lots of small details everywhere and echoes to hearthstone that is nowhere to be found in the game.

Things get removed because it requires a lot of attention, support and work that we don't fully get or feel. I'm not saying that this is the case here, but we don't know and it's always better to accept that it could very well never come to be in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    While their argumentation was rather poor, it doesnt change the fact that there is no reason for someone to be able to go double the speed of regular mounts.
    It's not double the speed, it's a potential for double the speed, which in itself is ignoring how this is heavily mitigated by the five minute cooldown, the lack of appropriate terrain design in older zones, and the actual skill required to even get close to the max speed consistently.

Compare this to the mole machine, which is a free teleport to a whole bunch of assorted areas, including but not limited to: BlackRock mountain, Tanaris, all the mage teleports, the black temple, Gorgrond, etc.

There were no problems with that racial because players frankly didn't care, simply because while the utility is nice it's hardly all that usefull.

As other players have pointed out, druid flight form is far more egregious in how broken it is, simply in how it gives an instant cast mount.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

They aren't going to remove a fun feature in future expansions just because the normal flying folks are going to cry because they can't possibly survive without being able to swim in the air.

Gimme a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Them removing the Serpent would imo be the dumbest shit ever
    Removing from what? We never got it to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Soar change is a pointless waste of time nobody really asked for. It's already limited enough and it was a fun little minigame in old world, with hardly any real actual use beyond that.

Does it matter? Not really, it's just a complete "fun detected" moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think Soar change is a pointless waste of time nobody really asked for. It's already limited enough and it was a fun little minigame in old world, with hardly any real actual use beyond that.

Does it matter? Not really, it's just a complete "fun detected" moment.
    Its still faster then any flying mount...
    Seriously, why is changing the flying speed from 'way faster' to 'still way faster' such a crying moment? Is the game ruined because your going 600% speed instead of 900% when everyone else is going at 400%?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Its still faster then any flying mount...
    Seriously, why is changing the flying speed from 'way faster' to 'still way faster' such a crying moment? Is the game ruined because your going 600% speed instead of 900% when everyone else is going at 400%?
    Because before, it was close enough to dragon riding that I could see myself using it in the current continent where I'll actually be playing, now it will be massively inferior from day one and I'll never really get to use it. Remove it from the old world until everyone else gets dragon riding there for all I care.

Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    Because before, it was close enough to dragon riding that I could see myself using it in the current continent where I'll actually be playing, now it will be massively inferior from day one and I'll never really get to use it. Remove it from the old world until everyone else gets dragon riding there for all I care.
    Shockingly Blizzard wants you to interact with a major expansion feature while playing that expansion.

I know, its mind boggling...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Shockingly Blizzard wants you to interact with a major expansion feature while playing that expansion.

I know, its mind boggling...
    ? If you are using dragon riding mechanics, you're still dragon riding. Dracthyr themselves and all of the soar animations are a new expansion feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    The difference is that I try to get as many mounts possible, but I won't mind if I can't get all of them (well besides FOMO stuff). Someone who only collects stuff to "be a completionist" may be mad about 50-70 new mounts per patch because they "can't finish their collection easily" which honestly is just weird to me. Hence my initial question - do you collect just to see 100% or do you collect because you enjoy collecting in itself.
    ok, understand now more where you coming from. with this statement i have to agree. indeed there seems to be a difference. i can safely say i tend more to be one of the later ones („completionist“) tbh. only for the real final end result it still makes not a huge difference in my mind. because being glad about „now i got more of them and see a higher number“ and about „now i get enough of them so 2 numbers now are same (have/max)“ seems not much different to me. but to your given statement above i have to agree.

I'm honestly really disappointed that they seem intent on downgrading Soar. I just don't really get it? Are they dragons or not? Why would they be inferior flyers than the rest of their kin? At the very least they should buff the speed to match dragonriding while in the Dragon Isles. Hell, they should expand the system to allow dracthyr to upgrade their own flight too, but I can understand if they'd rather wait to see if they'll be carrying dragonriding beyond Dragonflight before allowing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post

Even the recent bluepost said " throughout your leveling experience, you’ll earn four different Dragon Isles Drakes". That doesn't mean we won't get any further dragonriding mounts via max level content. Actually, the gladiator mount is supposed to be usable for dragonriding aswell so that's already another confirmation that we will get more than these 4. And again, the serpent mount with the same amount of customization as the other ones currently have was already datamined. It exists, it looks good, it's not a placeholder, and we will get it. It's just something that prolly was supposed to be encrypted.
    All they've said is four. Four four four. Four is not five. Have they ever said anything about a fifth one?

People saw this in the patch files and jumped to assumptions. They only have themselves to blame for any disappointment.

It's a functional and very beautiful mount that people clearly want, whatever Blizzards intention is with it having people talk about it is the only real way to get them to implement it sooner or later.

God forbid people might be upset that something that good looking, with that much effort put into it, might get scrapped.
    If people want to be disappointed about that, that's understandable. I hate any mount that could have a walking animation and doesn't, so I'd be happy to see it. But I also understand that there was nothing about there being a fifth dragonriding mount so far, and that anything datamined could not come to fruition, or may be for future stuff. I wouldn't get angry at Blizzard for it because it wasn't even officially announced or even hinted at.

It could've been an experiment. It could've been an initial addition that didn't pan out or needs more time. It could be content in a patch.

Go ahead and be disappointed, that's fine. But I wouldn't get angry at completely unannounced things that we only know about because someone dug deep into files. If they said "five dragonriding mounts" and then cut it down to four, then yeah, get mad at that. But they didn't.