Guess she 'is' coming back

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post

What a surprise. Of course it was Ysera on the loading screen.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Feels really cheap to set up this story with Merithra struggling with her new place amongst her flight only for the resolution to be bringing mom back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    What a surprise. Of course it was Ysera on the loading screen.
    Yep, it was obvious. Happy to see her again!

Did the patch dropped yet?

Huh, I don't know what to think about that. I like Ysera but it feels kinda disappointing. Would like Merithra to take over.

I honestly don't care that much for now whatever character this is Merithra or Ysera. I would definitely appreciate having a "new" face in the dragon roster. But for the main story I don't really care to have an opinion on it before release as they usually do something that I'm not expecting.

YEah this seems silly. Why do the entire arc about how she is bound to Ardenweald just to bring her back.

Plus I had hope Merithra might add some spice.

For real? That sounds aweful lol. I'm wondering how Blizzard could aim to fight this behavior. Maybe removing the m+ timer or (which they won't do haha) banning of details? You can hate all you want againt Diablo Immortal, but it's actually refreshing to not have logs/dmg meters and people seem much chill there even though it's a hack and slay mmo lol (although fair enough, I only played a bit during release so that may have changed).

Anyways, atleast in a testing environment people should chill out - this isn't a demo ...
    This mentality in alpha is just garbage and has nothing to do with m+

There are actually people who try and gear up through testing because gear from heroics is so useful....

For real? That sounds aweful lol. I'm wondering how Blizzard could aim to fight this behavior. Maybe removing the m+ timer or (which they won't do haha) banning of details? You can hate all you want againt Diablo Immortal, but it's actually refreshing to not have logs/dmg meters and people seem much chill there even though it's a hack and slay mmo lol (although fair enough, I only played a bit during release so that may have changed).

Anyways, atleast in a testing environment people should chill out - this isn't a demo ...
    Nah people are still chill in DI dungeons as long as you follow the group and at least look active and not constantly dead.

I'd kill for a non-timed version of M+. Call it Epic, give us two versions, one balanced as a M+9 and one as a M+18. Have them on a weekly loot lockout and let them count as the equivalent of a +6 or a +15 for purpose of the Vault. The timer just makes it so much worse for me because I have frequent interruptions at home.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperKarateDeathCar View Post
    Anyone have some insight as to how invites are going out? A friend of mine got an invite the 2nd week on either Wednesday or Thursday but nobody else I know has gotten one since then.
    Distributed to a random pool of players with a running sub.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperKarateDeathCar View Post
    I know that :P I meant more like is it a wave every Tuesday, multiple times a week, something like that.
    Well, from what i can tell its a singular wave each week after a build pops up.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inxotep View Post
    Welp, strongly indicates it.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Maybe, though it could also be a case of 'we prepare to bring her back, but she says no and we use the energy for something else instead' sort of sacrifice.

10+ Year Old Account

Like, wtf is even the point of killing off lore characters anymore?

I don't dislike Ysera, and I'm aware of how little consequence the aspect of death in the Warcraft universe already was, but I just don't get the point of killing off a character (in an emotionally impactful fashion at that) to just bring them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Zharikov View Post
    Maybe, though it could also be a case of 'we prepare to bring her back, but she says no and we use the energy for something else instead' sort of sacrifice.
    We already had that moment in 9.2.5. Seems like a waste to have it happen again in the exact same way...
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zharikov View Post

I suppose I'm jumping the gun, and this could very well be the case.

Still... knowing Blizzard...

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post

I don't dislike Ysera, and I'm aware of how little consequence the aspect of death in the Warcraft universe already was, but I just don't get the point of killing off a character (in an emotionally impactful fashion at that) to just bring them back.
    Worse then just killing her off and bringing her back. There is a whole questline about how she can't go back and has to accept her place stuck in the afterlife.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post

The whole point of Ardenweald is rebirth, it establishes that there's an afterlife for creatures that protect and embody nature and their whole purpose is to nurture back these spirits for reincarnation, which explains why we've seen dead wild gods come back so many times in the past.