Quote Originally Posted by Knight of the Astral Star View Post
    So... anyone catch these under string changes yet?

Why would they separate Drac'thyr and Evoker if they're the same thing? Why would one get the Evoker popup as opposed to the Drac'thyr popup and vice versa? Am I looking too far into this or am I being an idiot?

Because Blizzard has been coding games long enough to build in some level of future proofing?
    Really not hard. They are one and same today, but they may not be in the future. And you don't want to have to dig around years old code to fix issues that arise if they are no longer one and the same.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of the Astral Star View Post
    So... anyone catch these under string changes yet?

Why would they separate Drac'thyr and Evoker if they're the same thing? Why would one get the Evoker popup as opposed to the Drac'thyr popup and vice versa? Am I looking too far into this or am I being an idiot?
    One for when you click Dracthyr in character creation but already have one, one for when you click Evoker but already have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Even more hilarious is that before Shadowlands it was kinda certain that she would come back. She is the Aspect of the Emerald Dream, and powerful beings tied to the Dream have been reborn before.

Then Shadowlands happen, and she is tied to Ardenweald, never to be reborn into the mortal plane again, making the whole Ardenweald questline really impactful.

And then they 180 that decision in the expansion after it and rebirth her anyways.

Christ in Hell, Blizz doesn't write stories, they coinflip stories.
    Comics have been soing the same thing for 70 years.

I dont see what the big deal is. The big deal is she died. Not that she is dead.

Not sure if you ever died but its really traumatic, and not just for you. No one is going to be ok with dying juat because it doesnt stick. It hurts, its violating it takes power from you and it stresses out your loved ones. And thata still only if u know you CAN come back
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I don't feel like it erodes its distinct class identity, I think in fact it expands it in an interesting way by having more choice bundled into one race.
    It diminishes both the class and race identity by fighting in the visage form. You're not a Blood Elf or Human that can transform into a dragon, you're a dragon that takes the appearance of a mortal race. There's 0 reason to ever fight in the visage form when you can transform into a literal dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Comics have been soing the same thing for 70 years.
    Which is why comic stories are trash.

Wowhead is suggesting warlock is next.

7+ Year Old Account
    New Hogger.

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I don't feel like it erodes its distinct class identity, I think in fact it expands it in an interesting way by having more choice bundled into one race.
    You are trying to glyph the class into being a glorified demon hunter. Just regular people that have a dragon (read: demon) inside them and switch into a hybrid form for CDs. How is copying another classes' gimmick 1:1 not eroding class identity?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    You are trying to glyph the class into being a glorified demon hunter. Just regular people that have a dragon (read: demon) inside them and switch into a hybrid form for CDs. How is copying another classes' gimmick 1:1 not eroding class identity?
    You are either way. It isnt a unique idea being locked to a form in combat is wogen. Not being able to transmog is a druid thing. Both are not really well liked aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    New Hogger.

That dressing room pose is so horrible for showing off the model, damn.

New Hogger.

As iconic as Hogger is, it still feels weird to give a unique model to what amounts to a deprecated dungeon boss.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    As iconic as Hogger is, it still feels weird to give a unique model to what amounts to a deprecated dungeon boss.
    Is it a unique model or the new model with the right customization and armor?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Is it a unique model or the new model with the right customization and armor?
    It looks somewhat unique, though might just be a variant of the model designed to be more faithful to the original that they can use in older content.

It's DH!

After leveling up my DH through Shadowlands in the last days I'm curious to see what they do with Havoc, the spec is so bare bones, they need to create a ton of brand new talents or just make a lot of filler talents to get an entire talent tree out of it.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    After leveling up my DH through Shadowlands in the last days I'm curious to see what they do with Havoc, the spec is so bare bones, they need to create a ton of brand new talents or just make a lot of filler talents to get an entire talent tree out of it.
    Going by what happened to MM who is similarly bare bones, they will scrounge for any old ability that even remotely fits the playstyle, and possible focus on a single secondary stat like haste to gives buffs for.

Going by what happened to MM who is similarly bare bones, they will scrounge for any old ability that even remotely fits the playstyle, and possible focus on a single secondary stat like haste to gives buffs for.
    DH doesn't have MM's decade and a half backlog of other abilities, mechanics and talents though. Feels like on the class tree side in particular they're going to have to add a bunch of new stuff.

They're never going to let you fight in visage form because then 99% of the players will just be discount blood elf mages who never use dracthyr form.

I think it could be a general update for all gnolls. Obviously hogger sees spotlight first since it's the first thing to check. But yeah we need to see it in an animated stance, Tpose always looks weird.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

I wouldn't mind if they implement a lot of legendary effects and Covenant skills because the spec feels very boring on a basic level. Unfortunately they said they won't bring forth the Sinful Brand -> Eye Beam playstyle which was fun (for me). I think Havoc could be so much more than what it is now, I hope they really put some work into the talent trees.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Demon hunter doesn't have the option to always be in metamorphosis form
    Yes. Exactly. Because DH is not playing a demon, it's playing someone who makes use of a specific non-human power, which influences them and allows them to sometimes turn into a demon form. A thing that is really nothing like Evokers.

But what YOU are asking for is for them to add an option so that Evoker can have that exact same design of not being a dragon, but instead being a person who makes use of dragon powers and sometimes turns into a dragon form for specific attacks or CDs.

Hence the original statement: That you are eroding the identity and uniqueness of the class (two classes, really), and option choices for the sake of options is now always good.