Quote Originally Posted by Nebron View Post
    Yes, you are right. It's hard to go without influence or inspiration. There's only so much you can come up with. But you go for a little stretch here. There's a difference between theme of good vs. evil and recurring theme of overowered artifact in every single expnasion.
    I think you underestimate just how common this plot is in games.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebron View Post
    Yes, you are right. It's hard to go without influence or inspiration. There's only so much you can come up with. But you go for a little stretch here. There's a difference between theme of good vs. evil and recurring theme of overowered artifact in every single expnasion.
    Blizz stated that first tier villains aren't some generic bad guys, but instead people who took a different, not inherently evil approach.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It's not just explained. It's literally the first thing they say in the cinematic, while they are turning off the beacon. I don't really understand how it could be possible to misunderstand Alexstrasza literally explaining how the Dragon Isles will be hidden from everyone when they turn the beacon off.
    It has been a few months since the cinematic was released, so I guess it didn't make that much of an impression on me, in order to remember it.

My confusion was also fed by the fact, that the said cinematic makes it appear, as if Alextrazsa was already there, when the beacon was lit, since it takes her literally few seconds to grab the watcher, before he hits the ground...
    unclench your jaw

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    I dunno, the question does kind of make sense to me. The cinematic does explain that the Dragon Isles will be hidden & that unless Stoneboi lights up the beacon, they will forever be hidden...but it doesn't explain why they need to be hidden from even the dragons themselves when they have to leave & help us during the Sundering. Are the Isles in danger without the flights there to protect them? Are they worried enough about the problems on the Isles that they want to isolate them from the rest of the world to limit potential threats? Or are they trying to keep the source of their power hidden as a fallback in case the worst happens?
    Given that there was a legion invasion going in at the time they likely wouldn’t want to risk the legion being able to to hop over to the island and steel some artifacts/release the primal’S and the tech they had might just not be able to distinguish.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    What for?

Surely Sir Pringly, Archduke of the Needle duchy, Lord of the Spikey Estate, does not need introduction.
    Just because he looks absolutely dashing!

You guys are just being picky at this point. One of the most widely beloved video games of all time is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, where the title literally contains a huge maguffin, and each of the temples literally contains the macguffin required to beat said temple. It's a common trop in video games, and has been since the 80's. This isn't just some WoW crutch, it's almost an industry requirement. Collect the thing before the other guys do to beat the other guys is the plot for almost every remotely fantasy based story ever created, dating back beyond even King Arthur.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelldor View Post
    You guys are just being picky at this point. One of the most widely beloved video games of all time is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, where the title literally contains a huge maguffin, and each of the temples literally contains the macguffin required to beat said temple. It's a common trop in video games, and has been since the 80's. This isn't just some WoW crutch, it's almost an industry requirement. Collect the thing before the other guys do to beat the other guys is the plot for almost every remotely fantasy based story ever created, dating back beyond even King Arthur.
    The problem isn't the trope in use, the problem is that this is the third time in a row that we get this plotline instead of doing literally anything else.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    More or less what I was thinking.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I think you underestimate just how common this plot is in games.
    The artifact? Yes, it's all over the place. But still, it amazes me how many people keep missing the whole point.
    All I said is that it's generic, formulaic and uninspiring concept. It doesn't matter how many games have this theme, in fact, the more games the worse. That's it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anyone plays Zelda for a plot. Or Mario, with Peach being kidnapped 24/7. Or goddamn Pokemons. They all have more or less throwaway plot, and everyone just play for their gameplay. WoW story is more than that. But collect x things is really not much of a problem here.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    After 12 years, they finally stretched the Kal and EK loading screens.
    https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/sta...19843478032385

If only they could update the art to reflect current times, that'd be great.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    After 12 years, they finally stretched the Kal and EK loading screens.
    https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/sta...19843478032385

If only they could update the art to reflect current times, that'd be great.
    What's wrong with tiny head Varian???
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-08-05 at 05:01 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    What's wrong with tiny head tiny head Varian???
    Mostly that his tiny head is supposed to look like this:

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile:

VD I think is gorgeous, but it does have the look of leftover Nightborne parts
    Now Suramar is stunning, but it's elven
    Not dragon or titan
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

There are modular Horde and Alliance themed walls and tower "pieces" being worked on in the files and have "10" attached. Some have the codename "frontier".

If not a revamp, maybe some kind of base building/housing thing? Check this twitter thread.

https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/sta...ViEVcXDtgGhGgA

I don't think anyone plays Zelda for a plot. Or Mario, with Peach being kidnapped 24/7. Or goddamn Pokemons. They all have more or less throwaway plot, and everyone just play for their gameplay. WoW story is more than that. But collect x things is really not much of a problem here.
    Honestly? No, it isn't. Definitely not more than Zelda. Mario depends on the genre, the Platformers tend to be rather barebones, the RPGs are a different matter. Some don't even have Peach being kidnapped as the main plot.

Pls be revamp 11.0

10+ Year Old Account
    wow story is and always has been the weakest part of the game, just like zelda and mario. It's fine to want more but no need to lie about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    wow story is and always has been the weakest part of the game, just like zelda and mario. It's fine to want more but no need to lie about it.
    Its more likely people exaggerate how bad something is.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi