Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    People won't enjoy dragonriding, yes certainly it's fast, "innovative" (for wow anyway), but there is a certain lack of freedom
    I expect dragonriding to be my favourite part of WoW since forever (but then again I spend a summer getting perfect scores on PilotWings64). I loved in Legion using toys to glide around and did not really miss flying for that reason. Getting there is supposed to be half the adventure after all.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Ugh I hate stuff like this, the helm is completely
    Ruined by not being able to put down the vizier just like the ICC pally set.

That looks terrible..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Why do you think that then?

Personally I think it looks amazing given the flying revamp, talent tree revamp, and a return to tier sets and bonuses.
    Wouldn't bother. This guy comes here every now and then to remind us he is not playing the game.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I don't hate or have any concerns about Dragonriding, as long Blizzard stick to their word and allow standard flying later in the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    I don't hate or have any concerns about Dragonriding, as long Blizzard stick to their word and allow standard flying later in the expansion.
    I’m fine with that as long as we can knock those guys off their sitting duck mounts with dragonriding in War Mode.

I just hope Dragonriding wasn't designed to replace standard flying in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I’m fine with that as long as we can knock those guys off their sitting duck mounts with dragonriding in War Mode.
    lol, that would be funny.

7+ Year Old Account
    I just hope Dragonriding wasn't designed to replace standard flying in the future.
    It won't go away, for one that would destroy most flying mounts as well as dunk on accessibility.

Formerly known as Arafal

I sure hope it was and will succeed. Airswimming is bad for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It won't go away, for one that would destroy most flying mounts as well as dunk on accessibility.
    If Dragonriding is successful we may slowly see more and more models of flying mounts (not just dragons) enter the system, fewer basic flying mounts being introduced and normal flight only becoming available at X.2 patches. Start with Gryphons and Wyverns, slowly add the other racial mounts. (Also hope Night Elves will stop using hippogryphs and switch to chimeras!)

I am still hoping they will consider mounted combat for non-flying mounts. Give each class 2 special abilities they can use while mounted (1 class wide, 2 spec specific) create mount families with different skills and give us a reason to stay mounted. Also imo mounts should transition to a system similar to other games; no daze dismount but rather you mount will have health and if it goes low you get dismounted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperKarateDeathCar View Post
    I've heard literally the opposite from like ... everyone who has actually gotten to try it, except you
    Well, Since the majority of players have not tested dragonriding, I will not take this opinion as definitive.

Obviously my opinion does not take into account the improvements that we will have on it, to see what it gives with the talent tree, etc.

And yes by the lack of freedom, I compare compared to the real flight system. You can't "easily" climb in the air, unless you have 3 stacks, at first. Let's see what it looks like once optimized to the maximum

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I sure hope it was and will succeed. Airswimming is bad for the game.
    The "fly up and hover" part was always a disaster. Why are there so many mobs without ranged weapons???

Mounts should be more about freedom to move than freedom to escape.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-08-07 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The "fly up and hover" part was always a disaster. Why are there so many mobs without ranged weapons???

It's not just the fly up and hover. It's the ability to start and stop from and to anywhere, the complete freedom of movement making flying related challenges impossible to make, and how nothing could meaningfully interract with the player while in this mode.

Dragonriding fixes some of the most glaring issues. Things like not being complete free to stop and spin on a dime, move directly upwards, or just use it whenever even a minor obstacle shows up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    There is no reason older mounts can't be made to work with Dragonriding mechanics. Sure it might look a bit silly to have helicopters that can't hover, but that is no more absurd than biplanes being able to spin in a dime.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    There is no reason older mounts can't be made to work with Dragonriding mechanics. Sure it might look a bit silly to have helicopters that can't hover, but that is no more absurd than biplanes being able to spin in a dime.
    I think they could actually make the effort and give them something different. For instance helicopter-like mounts perhaps could be allowed to fly directly up and hover but maybe it will be harder to land them.

7+ Year Old Account

You could also ask how come mobs aggro us only when we come really close to them. :v

If DR is here to stay, then the most logical choice is to have both flying systems at once you can swap with a toggle.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I think they could actually make the effort and give them something different. For instance helicopter-like mounts perhaps could be allowed to fly directly up and hover but maybe it will be harder to land them.
    You could try actual helicopter flying mechanics, so you have to tilt forward to move and stuff. Might be a bit overcomplex, though. Probably slower and less flight time.

Helicopters would be the closest to old "flying".

I can understand old flying for going vertical or alt tab travel, but I think anyone that says "I hope old flying stays" hasn't actually seen how much faster DR is. Will you really enjoy flying at 1/3 the speed?

The system should be expanded to old mounts. New animations aren't needed, most people won't care as long as they can use their old mounts. (IE nobody will whine if their Ashes can't do a barrel roll)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post

People asked for tier back. The consequence of having to make 13 class sets per tier (+13 PvP sets) is you're not going to get the number of sets elsewhere that we got in BfA and SL.
    I didn't see those ensembles, thanks for pointing them out. Glad they are staying. I think the Valdrakken ones may just be a shirt and pants combo though.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they would have big problem with that, it's not like people would discard dragonriding mid expansion since it's way faster. If anything more people will push to introduce it to whole world.

But I see another problem, having less and less reasons to use different mounts. I barely use my ground mounts already even if some are really cool, now I will feel this way with most flying mounts. I wonder if it will be possible to add wings equipment that would make all mounts act like dragonriding mounts in the future, even if some animation would look weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at the story of the new Uldaman wing and the new Chromie scenario, I suppose half the expansion is going to be the Infinite Dragonflight get bamboozled by us at every turn for them to always reply with "just wait until Murozond comes!" or always warning us that Murozond is coming.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Looking at the story of the new Uldaman wing and the new Chromie scenario, I suppose half the expansion is going to be the Infinite Dragonflight get bamboozled by us at every turn for them to always reply with "just wait until Murozond comes!" or always warning us that Murozond is coming.
    I really hope there will be some kind of a twist with Murozond. Having it foretold 12y ago and then following through to the letter is so boring.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-08-07 at 09:14 PM.

Concerning dragon riding, on a pure technical standpoint you can't expect it to be applied to all current existing mounts on live servers in one go as it would require an impressive amount of work to animate all of them. Therefore you can safely assume that current flying will not cease to exist.

If community reception is still good on release I'm betting they will expand on it during next expansion by designing new mounts to include these dragonriding specific animations and iterately apply these to existing mounts that share skeleton rigs with the coming new mounts.

But I'm not sure it is even relevant to think about all of this so far ahead. Let's wait and see how it feels. The waiting is definitely getting harder and harder ^^