Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    For the record, it is easy to be aware of his content, because his sheep fans keep polluting this forum with his content and try to declare his opinions fact that we should all worship. That guy literally commanded his fans to harrass players in game for buying the TBC Classic mount. Who do you think was the cause of the /spit emote taken out? He should have been banned over that.
    If that is the case, I disapprove targeted and ordered mass harrasment - and yes, such behaviour should be banned, especially while taking into consideration his wide influential possibilities.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    For any who might want to read it:
    (I don't have alpha, I cannot confirm if it's real or not, so grain of salt and all that)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraftlor...t_elf_leaders/
    The dialogue is actually good and makes sense. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Malfurion was liked by a certain dev though who may have decided to axe Ysera for the shock effect in Legion back than and now they make up for that haha.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Unless people are trolling on the subreddit, it appears the sacrifice required for Ysera's return ... is to exchange places with Malfurion.
    Wow, that's pretty lackluster. There's no emotional connection to Malfurion in the first place, so even if in terms of lore it could be a big thing, from a player perspective - it has 0 impact I guess. And once again, cinematic and music departments have to carry the story.

Kalec could have replaced Malygos.
    Wrathion/ Sabellian/ Ebonhorn will succeed Deathwing in his duties.
    Why they choose to bring Ysera back over developing Merithra character? It ultimately undermines Ysera's story... first she died for no particular reason. Then she played major role in Shadowlands campaign, and now this? Ufff, that's tough story-writing.
    Last edited by Nebron; 2022-08-10 at 09:13 AM.

Unless people are trolling on the subreddit, it appears the sacrifice required for Ysera's return ... is to exchange places with Malfurion.
    Apparently, the shit writing in the last couple of expansions was not fault of Afrasiabi...
    unclench your jaw

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    The dialogue is actually good and makes sense. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Malfurion was liked by a certain dev though who may have decided to axe Ysera for the shock effect in Legion back than and now they make up for that haha.
    I am right, you really must be looking for Afrasiabi under your bed every night. . .

I don't know about that haha, but from my perspective, even though I liked him in warcraft 3, I always felt like they didn't know what to do with him in WoW. So even before this, in my mind I had thought of ways for him to make a great sacrifice. But my headcanon was him becoming one with the new world tree or something.
    A lot of the reactions in the post are very negative, but I hope people will remember that this is just an excerpt and a lot of context is missing. There may be cinematics, quests, more story leading up to it, etc.

So fight shitty writing with shitty writing?
    unclench your jaw

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    StarCraft: Ghost.
    Starcraft: Ghost as far as I know wasnt completely done, 50% maybe, not even that. there's a video that someone leaked of Starcraft: Ghost gameplay of all the completed stuff.

I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    Apparently, the shit writing in the last couple of expansions was not fault of Afrasiabi...
    YEah this is so stupid. Let's fuck up with Tyrande some more.

The dialogue is actually good and makes sense.
    Why do you think it's good and makes sense? Tyrande never acted like this before, it's extremely out of character, she doesn't constantly stutter, takes pauses and acts like a little girl. And it doesn't make sense that for a Dragon Aspect to resurrect someone needs to die, it has never been stated before.

He was. He was Metzen's favourite character. Very underused after Wc3 sadly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RenTheCat View Post
    Why do you think it's good and makes sense? Tyrande never acted like this before, it's extremely out of character, she doesn't constantly stutter, takes pauses and acts like a little girl. And it doesn't make sense that for a Dragon Aspect to resurrect someone needs to die, it has never been stated before.
    Well it makes sense as it gives a meaning to another one of wow's past "let's axe a famous female character for the shock" stories, other than late GoT style "subverting expectations".

Malfurion: When she gave her life for mine in Val'sharah, it was not her time.

Malfurion: And now... the balance may be restored.
    Besides that, Malfurion never really did anything anyways and now he can chill in Ardenweald. He will prolly be back in the cosmic expansion together with Sylvanas, and he may have learned a few new tricks by than. Also, poor Illidan I bet now he would like to leave that Seat of the Pantheon lol.

Edit: Oh also, yeah sure, having emotions makes one a little girl. I will be gladly stay a little girl forever, thank you.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

So you're only celebrating because a female character comes back to life, a male character dies, and you get to self insert as Tyrande? How... shallow.

Besides that, Malfurion never really did anything anyways and now he can chill in Ardenweald. He will prolly be back in the cosmic expansion together with Sylvanas, and he may have learned a few new tricks by than. Also, poor Illidan I bet now he would like to leave that Seat of the Pantheon lol.

Edit: Oh also, yeah sure, having emotions makes one a little girl. I will be gladly stay a little girl forever, thank you.
    Think they should've just killed him in Darkshore, resulting in the same outcome, but at least something happened instead of squabbles not amounting to much.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    For any who might want to read it:
    (I don't have alpha, I cannot confirm if it's real or not, so grain of salt and all that)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraftlor...t_elf_leaders/
    Hah. I was sure that Merithra would be sacrificed to resurrect Ysera, but since nobody cares for her that wouldn't have been impactful enough.

Time to fuck over Night Elves some more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    So fight shitty writing with shitty writing?
    Two currents of shit writing collide to form a proper and powerful shitstorm.

Why can't we just have... Merithra lead the green Dragonflight, Ysera stay in the shadowlands where she's completely fine and content with, and no one has to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Why can't we just have... Merithra lead the green Dragonflight, Ysera stay in the shadowlands where she's completely fine and content with, and no one has to die.
    Exactly, let a new generation take over.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Exactly, let a new generation take over.
    They can pretty much write her from a blank slate because she's barely had any lore around her other than being in Ahn Qiraj and in BFA for a quest or two.

Quote Originally Posted by RenTheCat View Post
    So you're only celebrating because a female character comes back to life, a male character dies, and you get to self insert as Tyrande? How... shallow.
    What in the woke BS is this :’) I think most people are fine with it because he’s been completely underused as a character since WC3 and practically turned into a joke/meme the last few times he’s been used within a story. It’s best they retire him for a while honestly.

This comment in the sub post pretty much explains my feelings on the matter.

F for people who wanted Merithra development.

Also F for people who liked Malfurion?

F for people who almost saw both Malfurion and Tyrande to exit at the same time?

F for people who thought they wouldn't bring back Ysera one patch after she said she was bound to the Shadowlands. As if that meant something.
    Except the Tyrande part though, I don't want her going anywhere.