Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    As it is now is what I'm saying.

I wouldn't want the Night Elves to live in a Suramar like city, and neither would they tbh.
    The Nightborne are still technically Night Elves. So not only would they, they do.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The Nightborne are still technically Night Elves. So not only would they, they do.
    Nightborne are no more Night Elves than Blood Elves are.

Nightborne have had drastic physical changes thanks to the Nightwell.

Formerly known as Arafal

As it is now is what I'm saying.

I wouldn't want the Night Elves to live in a Suramar like city, and neither would they tbh.
    Didn't Tyrande come from Suramar? I think it would be interesting to bring up the fact that several rebels from the War of the Ancients came from Suramar (including their leader Tyrande).

Suramar was a major Highborne seat of power, but it was also the second most important metropolis in the old Empire, behind only Zin-Azshari. I think many elves in the rebellion would have come from there, and so many modern Darnassians would trace their roots in Suramar.

Calling a Nightborne a Night Elf is like calling Elves Trolls. Same species, different culture and evolution (though the Nightborne are closer to Night Elves in looks and culture, though far more Highborne)

I can't take this post seriously lol...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Didn't Tyrande come from Suramar? I think it would be interesting to bring up the fact that several rebels from the War of the Ancients came from Suramar (including their leader Tyrande).

Suramar was a major Highborne seat of power, but it was also the second most important metropolis in the old Empire, behind only Zin-Azshari. I think many elves in the rebellion would have come from there, and so many modern Darnassians would trace their roots in Suramar.
    Not sure if you're just trolling or what. I usually like your High Elf posts because you want what is best for them when it comes to lore, but this is the opposite of that. Do you hate Night Elves or something? This goes against everything the race stands for, since they were introduced in WC3 and I doubt any Night Elf fan wants this. They are in tune with nature, there's a reason they left that life behind 10.000 years ago. The few Highborne that are still left alive aren't going to change that either.

Not sure if you're just trolling or what. I usually like your High Elf posts because you want what is best for them when it comes to lore, but this is the opposite of that. Do you hate Night Elves or something? This goes against everything the race stands for, since they were introduced in WC3 and I doubt any Night Elf fan wants this. They are in tune with nature, there's a reason they left that life behind 10.000 years ago. The few Highborne that are still left alive aren't going to change that either.
    Literally just answer the question, my post is that straightforward.

Did Tyrande come from Suramar? Yes or No?

Also, you speak for no one but yourself, you certainly don't speak for any other Nelf fan. I know quite a few Nelf fans around here who would be more than happy to get Eldre'Thalas or Suramar back.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Literally just answer the question, my post is that straightforward.

Did Tyrande come from Suramar? Yes or No?

Also, you speak for no one but yourself, you certainly don't speak for any other Nelf fan. I know quite a few Nelf fans around here who would be more than happy to get Eldre'Thalas or Suramar back.
    Yes she did. Most Night Elves came from high society back in the day. But that's like saying High Elves came from Night Elves so I bet a lot of them would like to go live in them woods right?

Getting Suramar back would make no sense, if only to root the Nightborne from there. They would certainly change everything about it though. Most traces of arcane would have to go. Same for Eldre'Thalas. If you think they'd get back either of those then turn into an arcane worshipping society then you're just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Nightborne are no more Night Elves than Blood Elves are.

Nightborne have had drastic physical changes thanks to the Nightwell.
    Many of them were born before the War of the Ancients. They're still Night Elves, just mutated through the well.

At least Blood Elves are the descendants of the Highborne that left.

Many of them were born before the War of the Ancients. They're still Night Elves, just mutated through the well.

Every human also came from the same place, and yet look at how many different cultures we have.

Every human also came from the same place, and yet look at how many different cultures we have.
    That's not really helping your point.

There's definitely a hardcore lore fanbase that wants Night Elves to have more Highborne culture, but based on everything we've seen introduced for Night Elves in the past few years (models, assets, etc) they are retaining their nature theme first and foremost.

I can see a new Nelf city having an area for the Highborne included in their ranks, but as the majority theme? I really doubt it will happen.

That's not really helping your point.
    Why not? Seriously asking. You got all these different kind of elves, with different cultures and stuff, only to ruin that and make them all more alike? What's the point? Why erase race identity like that?

People can argue about how change is good all they want. Many people grew up liking one of the races (either cause of the WC games or during WoW) because of what they are. What would changing that do? If Night Elves become more like the High Elves or more of a Highborne society then what's the point? Might aswell been a High Elf/Blood Elf fan then.

Yes she did. Most Night Elves came from high society back in the day. But that's like saying High Elves came from Night Elves so I bet a lot of them would like to go live in them woods right?
    Except they uh...they did do exactly that. Dath'Remar Sunstrider and the kaldorei Highborne that fled with him went and made the Sunwell, founded Quel'thalas. And took up residence in the Eversong woods with prolific use of rangers. Over time their skin turned pale and the purple went away.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaltharian View Post
    Except they uh...they did do exactly that. Dath'Remar Sunstrider and the kaldorei Highborne that fled with him went and made the Sunwell, founded Quel'thalas. And took up residence in the Eversong woods with prolific use of rangers. Over time their skin turned pale and the purple went away.
    You can't compare the Eversong Woods to Ashenvale or literally Northern Kalimdor though. And their city, Silvermoon is way more advanced and luxurious than any Night Elf city after the War.

I dunno. Aestheticslly the buildings are very different, yeah, but living in the woods is still living in the woods. Difference of camping or going to a cozy home somewhere among the trees. The Highborne lived a very luxurious lifestyle, and they took that with them into the new woods, where the kaldorei they left behind wholly embraced druidism.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaltharian View Post
    I dunno. Aestheticslly the buildings are very different, yeah, but living in the woods is still living in the woods. Difference of camping or going to a cozy home somewhere among the trees. The Highborne lived a very luxurious lifestyle, and they took that with them into the new woods, where the kaldorei they left behind wholly embraced druidism.
    That's what I mean. I'm talking about the Night Elves after the War, the High Elves wouldn't go and live like that just because they were Night Elves once.

That's what I mean. I'm talking about the Night Elves after the War, the High Elves wouldn't go and live like that just because they were Night Elves once.
    They'd never have lived like post-war druidic night elves anyway. They were being asked to abandon arcane and their lifestyle, and they vehemently disagreed with that demand. So they packed up and moved house.

7+ Year Old Account

Yes, they got heavily mutated by the Nightwell, they changed into what we nowadays call Nightborne.
    Whether or not they lived before that mutation occurred is irrelevant, especially when magic is involved.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Again the thread branches off into useless banter about something or another. Page upon page of "I'm right, you're wrong" c'mon just drop it. Personally, I can't stand elves of any kind so wouldn't bother me if they all went where ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Again the thread branches off into useless banter about something or another. Page upon page of "I'm right, you're wrong" c'mon just drop it. Personally, I can't stand elves of any kind so wouldn't bother me if they all went where ever.
    I will never understand some people's obsession with elves.