7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I will never understand some people's obsession with elves.
    Oooof man
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Oooof man
    The projection . . .

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooof man
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The projection . . .
    You're delusional if you think my desire for a new ranged/healing class was an obsession.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're delusional if you think my desire for a new ranged/healing class was an obsession.
    Funnily enough, that's EXACTLY what Varodoc keeps saying about himself.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes it got so bad it put the elf megathreads to shame.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Funnily enough, that's EXACTLY what Varodoc keeps saying about himself.
    Except Vardoc pines on about how Elves are the master race, and everything in WoW should be elven-centered. I simply wanted a new interesting class for WoW that wasn't a rehash of previous classes like the Demon Hunter, and felt the Tinker was the obvious choice until HotS and Alexstraza gave us an alternative.

It's hilarious that you believe those situations are equivalent.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread never changes.....
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Sometimes it got so bad it put the elf megathreads to shame.
    Interesting, considering that I haven't started a Tinker thread in over 4 years...

7+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, considering that I haven't started a Tinker thread in over 4 years...
    Oh, i was not talking about your threads.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh ye, that makes those several page Tinker arguments you have started here so much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh ye, that makes those several page Tinker arguments you have started here so much better.
    Well clearly those Tinker arguments affected your psyche in a negative fashion. I find it fascinating that a few discussions about a possible WoW class can be such a traumatic experience for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Yes she did. Most Night Elves came from high society back in the day. But that's like saying High Elves came from Night Elves so I bet a lot of them would like to go live in them woods right?
    I mean, the High elves are the descendants of Dath'remar Sunstrider and his followers, who were Highborne. They literally fashioned Silvermoon in the style of the ancient Highborne cities, so I don't think they would be displeased with the idea of returning to Suramar or Zin-Azshari. Indeed, their leader Theron just married Thalyssra of Suramar.

Unless Tyrande and co. always hated Suramar and the Highborne cities in general (that needs to be demonstrated), then I don't see why they would have a problem with going back there. They rebelled against Azshara and the Highborne because they were summoning the Legion, not because they disliked their cities.

This is the equivalent of a German partisan suddenly hating Berlin after World War II ended. Maybe Tyrande and her kin always disliked the urban life in the Highborne cities, but again that needs to be proven. On the contrary, I think that Tyrande was paying homage to the ancient Highborne cities, after all she literally took inspiration from the Palace of Azshara in Zin-Azshari when building her Temple of Elune.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-08-11 at 08:22 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well clearly those Tinker arguments affected your psyche in a negative fashion. I find it fascinating that a few discussions about a possible WoW class can be such a traumatic experience for some people.
    Don't overestimate yourself. It was yet another freak Tusedeay on MMO-C.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't overestimate yourself. It was yet another freak Tusedeay on MMO-C.
    Never. Just interested that the Tinker concept triggers people in such an over-the-top fashion.

I'm sure there's people reporting these posts to a moderator as we speak, simply because the word was mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    But by now you should know that I don't care about all elves, just the Void elves.
    That doesn't make it any better my dude.

Except Vardoc pines on about how Elves are the master race, and everything in WoW should be elven-centered. I simply wanted a new interesting class for WoW that wasn't a rehash of previous classes like the Demon Hunter, and felt the Tinker was the obvious choice until HotS and Alexstraza gave us an alternative.

It's hilarious that you believe those situations are equivalent.
    You honour me by mentioning me.

But by now you should know that I don't care about all elves, just the Void elves. Which is why I wouldn't mind seeing Eldre'Thalas restored. Since the ruins of Eldre'Thalas were used to experiment on a Void beast. I think the Highborne of these ruins would not mind exchanging knowledge about the Void with the Ren'dorei.

Speaking of which, I also don't think it would be a bad idea if the gnomish tinkers and the Void elves teamed up more in the future, after all, they seemed to get along very well at the Battle of Lordaeron. Wouldn't you agree

I love how all the Destruction locks are up in arms because they have a talent (Mayhem) that intentionally performs worse than the alternative (Havoc). Maybe people will finally understand not everything has to be based on "performance" and "numbers".

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I love how all the Destruction locks are up in arms because they have a talent (Mayhem) that intentionally performs worse than the alternative (Havoc). Maybe people will finally understand not everything has to be based on "performance" and "numbers".
    Considering how the talents and profiles work, I find it silly to be upset over something like that. Mayhem seems more suited for relaxed open world content while Havoc is more instance-based, you can easily just make different setups depending on what content you do.

Blizzard has stated for over a decade that they intend for passive options to be slightly weaker than active ones as a trade-off for ease of use. So that's not even a new concept.

They don't always hit the mark, of course, but that's always been the intent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    This thread never changes.....
    And yet every 2-3 years all of us lunatics gather here to indulge in this madness. Marvelous.

- - - Updated - - -

After Blizzard's comments on SMF vs. TG this is not even a discussion anymore.

5+ Year Old Account
    Let's not talk about t*nker again...
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.