Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    But, wait. Blizzard has said pre-patch would be 2 weeks...this makes it a little over a month.....I dunno.
    Prepatch is almost always around a month. Can't recall them saying this one is 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Prepatch is almost always around a month. Can't recall them saying this one is 2 weeks.
    They said the event specifically is two weeks, but that is only the time-limited event, not actually how early we get the 10.0 patch before the expansion content becomes available.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    But, wait. Blizzard has said pre-patch would be 2 weeks...this makes it a little over a month.....I dunno.
    Iirc they said the event would be two weeks, it kinda makes sense to have the basic pre-patch changes (talent trees, dracthyr, new race/calss combos) before that to iron out potential bugs etc.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    They said the event specifically is two weeks, but that is only the time-limited event, not actually how early we get the 10.0 patch before the expansion content becomes available.
    AAh so its phased again, like for SL

Thats the event, not the prepatch.
    Prepatch is always around a month or so long, and the event always starts a week or two into the prepatch.

10+ Year Old Account

Has this been discussed here yet?
    This all looks believable to me, timelines all seem to match what I would expect. 10/25 is the start of another cycle of fated raids, which would fit perfect with the new class. The only real surprise I see here is the 11/28 release date which would likely put some of the prepatch event during Thanksgiving week...though it's not unheard of for such things to happen.

"Change freeze on launch day" is a bit of a surprise. I'd think they'd want change freezes to happen a bit sooner just in case of last minute bugs or the like, so you aren't melding in new branches with the fixes that'll likey be needed. It's also surprising that they'd have a different Monitoring/Change Management setup for COD global launches vs. WoW global launches. Also a bit weird that they'd have only Blizz products on here aside from COD, not sure why that would be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    It was an artistic choice. Sylvanas and Valeera's expressions being in the BFA plot match those of the reader consuming the BFA plot. It's a way to make them more relatable. It has even more resonance when you remember that this same comic is one of the first allusions to SL.
    Be careful, I'm reading more and more comments stating that BfA was a good expansion. We're getting dangerously close to the point where we're starting to forget how terrifying it was.

That will be very easy to tell if it's real as expansion ptr's are normally up for 2ish months which would mean it would need to be put up very soon. Probably close to the same time as beta starting which should be in the next 1-2 weeks from what they said.
    Last edited by fear; 2022-08-16 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    Be careful, I'm reading more and more comments stating that BfA was a good expansion. We're getting dangerously close to the point where we're starting to forget how terrifying it was.
    Hey BfA had possibly the biggest trainwreck of a story, started with completely broken systems, wasted themes that could have served a full expansion, failed to properly iterate on two new systems that both had solid potential. Yet I still enjoyed playing it more than Shadowlands.

Well obviously, we are about to be a full expansion removed from it. Same thing happened with WoD. Everyone was in agreement it was awful early Legion, then opinions shifted slowly during the course of Legion until by the time we reached BfA it had transformed from "WoD is the worst" to "WoD was amazing actually".

Same thing will happen to SL come this time in two years. Barely anyone will even mention once controversial topics like "Semi-permanent Covenants", or "Poorly balanced raids", and noone will remember the long droughts, thats for sure.
    Instead everyone will likely be reminiscing about how unique the expansion was, how good it was at giving rewards from Open World content. The wealth of rewards to be gained from various activities in the Covenants, multiplied by 4 even.

This time in two years SL will be the little expansion that was actually amazing except a few niggling little problems, not the mess only saved from the bottom two by virtue of WoD objectively having almost nothing to do, and BfA being a plot suicide with a side of botched gameplay systems.

10+ Year Old Account

Seems legit. Prepatch has been announced for the 30th.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    there is no reason to think otherwise regardless. We were told the Alpha will have 6 phases, we are at phase 5 and should be entering phase 6 today. All zones have been made available which is the point when previous Alphas transitioned to beta. I expect we will get monk and every zone open simultaneously today and beta in the week after together with DH.
    TBH the announcement of the phases did include a + sign on Phase 6. So that's why I'm thinking that.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...w-live/1278547

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Phase 2 Zone Experience: The Forbidden Reach
    Phase 3 Zone Experiences: The Forbidden Reach and Waking Shores
    Phase 4 Zone Experiences: The Forbidden Reach and Thaldraszus
    Phase 5 Zone Experiences: The Forbidden Reach and Ohn’ahran Plain
    Phase 6+ All zones are expected to be playable

Well obviously, we are about to be a full expansion removed from it. Same thing happened with WoD. Everyone was in agreement it was awful early Legion, then opinions shifted slowly during the course of Legion until by the time we reached BfA it had transformed from "WoD is the worst" to "WoD was amazing actually".

Same thing will happen to SL come this time in two years. Barely anyone will even mention once controversial topics like "Semi-permanent Covenants", or "Poorly balanced raids", and noone will remember the long droughts, thats for sure.
    Instead everyone will likely be reminiscing about how unique the expansion was, how good it was at giving rewards from Open World content. The wealth of rewards to be gained from various activities in the Covenants, multiplied by 4 even.

This time in two years SL will be the little expansion that was actually amazing except a few niggling little problems, not the mess only saved from the bottom two by virtue of WoD objectively having almost nothing to do, and BfA being a plot suicide with a side of botched gameplay systems.
    I don't think people went with WoD was amazing. What I did see was that "Well WoD is not the worst expansion anymore" (it is). Or that WoD had some great parts to it (it did). BfA also has some things that were great imo (the zones themselves, the Essence system and personally I'd say War Mode). And I am sure Shadowlands has some solid parts too? (maybe with some time I'll see them!)

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I don't think people went with WoD was amazing. What I did see was that "Well WoD is not the worst expansion anymore" (it is). Or that WoD had some great parts to it (it did). BfA also has some things that were great imo (the zones themselves, the Essence system and personally I'd say War Mode). And I am sure Shadowlands has some solid parts too? (maybe with some time I'll see them!)
    Might not have been many who claimed WoD was flawless, but there was still a clear shift in WoD being considered near indefensible, to players going out and saying that WoD was the best expansion since X expansion, usually WotLK.

And obviously there were good things to WoD. I especially loved the levelling questline, the effort put into the armor sets, how it really nailed the atmosphere in the zones, etc...
    But the same is true for all the expansions. They all have some good stuff, and some not so good stuff. Legion for instance despite its deification now was honestly quite egregious to play unless you played only one spec religiously, and 7.2 is a black stain on an otherwise decent open world. BfA similarly had great ambience, and the ideas were great.

It's just to say that in two years time you will only have a few who still care to bash SL, but loads who will be willing to step up to its defense in opposition to whatever flaws DF will have.

when they fixed the azerite trait system (dunno when but when you could get your desired way easier), it was ok.

Also last patch was a blast.

The first patch was awful.

Homophobia is so gay.

It's just to say that in two years time you will only have a few who still care to bash SL, but loads who will be willing to step up to its defense in opposition to whatever flaws DF will have.
    Hey you can count on me to keep bashing SL until people no longer talk about WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    There are modular Horde and Alliance themed walls and tower "pieces" being worked on in the files and have "10" attached. Some have the codename "frontier".

If not a revamp, maybe some kind of base building/housing thing? Check this twitter thread.

https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/sta...ViEVcXDtgGhGgA
    *heavy breathing* The World Revamp it's so close I can taaaaaste it *inhales hopium*

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    *heavy breathing* The World Revamp it's so close I can taaaaaste it *inhales hopium*
    Or, you know, its just updated buildings to replace outdated ones around the world. Dont get your hopes up
    "If you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly." - W.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatte View Post
    Or, you know, its just updated buildings to replace outdated ones around the world. Dont get your hopes up
    Would be odd to update buildings and have higher texture stuff next to lower texture stuff though?

7+ Year Old Account
    World revamp meme will never die!
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.