Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    What I meant that the info might look legit, but I do think they will delay just like they did with Shadowlands. Given state of Alpha, I just don't see how they manage prepatch end of October, let alone full release end of November.

They probably indeed targeted those dates, but it just does not seem going there as I see it.
    Delay to what date? They can't delay it for a month, so they would have to delay it for either just 1-2 weeks which is pointless or to early next year which would be problematic. As much as I dislike the rushed release, it's pretty safe to assume the release date is correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    But still, it's strange they would corner themselves so much with this date. Looks like there is no room for delay. Even slightest delay could cause 2023 release and missing Christmas season.
    This. The release feels a lot like the delayed Shadowlands launch, which is not good in my opinion. No idea why they are in such a hurry for Dragonflight.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-08-17 at 08:14 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post

Lol
    I can't see anybody liking that one. Right wing will start RRREEEEEEEING about woke politics in their vidya gaems and left wing will be upset because they're making fun of serious issue.

5+ Year Old Account

Lol
    Please tell me that's photoshopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I can't see anybody liking that one. Right wing will start RRREEEEEEEING about woke politics in their vidya gaems and left wing will be upset because they're making fun of serious issue.
    It's probably photoshoppe,d or if not will likely be removed before launch, but damn if that isnt a great example of black humor.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

BLM aside...

"Our flight has been under much scrunity and oppression under the mortal races of Azeroth."

If anyone deserves it, it's the Black dragonflight lmao.

Well I found it on 4chan so I would not believe it too much ;p Still, quite funny.

I hope it's photoshop? If not, whoever thought that was a good joke or even worse, good representation, should really not be let near writing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    Be careful, I'm reading more and more comments stating that BfA was a good expansion. We're getting dangerously close to the point where we're starting to forget how terrifying it was.
    BFA apologism is at a rise, because it's been years since we've had its atrocious gameplay and the SL story is more fresh in people's minds. As a card-carrying WoD story supporter myself, I can't judge them too much on principle, only in practice because BFA was complete dross, buoyed only by how much of an entertaining trainwreck it was to discuss it outside the game.

@Zulggun

No way is this real or would pass current Blizzard's office politics, but it still got a right laugh out of me. Cheers!
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

It's from 4chan lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    It's from 4chan lol
    Here I was looking forward to Wrathion organizing Dracthyr race riots to give himsef an edge over Sabellian in the Black Aspect selection.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    @Zulggun

No way is this real or would pass current Blizzard's office politics, but it still got a right laugh out of me. Cheers!
    It's definitely real, after saying this Wrathion winks at the player and there is blm phone line at the bottom of the screen.

It's definitely real, after saying this Wrathion winks at the player and there is blm phone line at the bottom of the screen.
    Blizzard wouldn't spend money on a winking animation. 0/10 my immersion is ruined.

BFA apologism is at a rise, because it's been years since we've had its atrocious gameplay
    BFA was fine... eventually... after being shit for 2 years.
    Once they gave up on the horseshit that was Azerite armor and just made it pretty much whatever, once they gave up on the horseshit that was Essences and made that pretty much whatever, once they got rid of the horseshit that was Benthic gear and once they eased up on the horseshit that was entirely random Corruptions... the last season was actually pretty neat.

Let's not act as if that were any different in Legion. The expansion was horrible in the beginning, with just about every early feedback community warning about things being shit becoming evident within the first couple months. It was only later on when Artifact and Legendary restrictions were loosened that the expansion became truly enjoyable.

Shockingly, the same applies to SL. Shit expansion at the start, once they let go of every single one of their stupid ideas, suddenly the game became somewhat enjoyable. And 4 years from now people will look back at SL and remember it for being decent enough during S4 - as with every other expansion of the last decade.

Now, DF has the advantage of not having any new power system that they could intentionally fuck up for 1 year. But then again... DF doesn't have anything at all. Those dungeons and raids better be absolute bangers or this expansion will receive just about the same luke warm reception, eventually turning into hate, inevitably turning into something semi-decent in 2 years.

BFA apologism is at a rise, because it's been years since we've had its atrocious gameplay and the SL story is more fresh in people's minds. As a card-carrying WoD story supporter myself, I can't judge them too much on principle, only in practice because BFA was complete dross, buoyed only by how much of an entertaining trainwreck it was to discuss it outside the game.

@Zulggun

The primary reason players hate something or other is because its boring, this is why WoD was by far the worst expansion, simply because it had nothing. Legion had the AP grind, and BfA had the endless systems that were also boring after one or two attempts. This is also true for SL, where the primary issue was the droughts, which are boring.

The issue with this metric is that noone ever remembers being bored. And when the primary reason you hated X expansion is gone you naturally start thinking more positively of it, especially when you are currently bored with what you have.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    BFA was fine... eventually... after being shit for 2 years.
    Once they gave up on the horseshit that was Azerite armor and just made it pretty much whatever, once they gave up on the horseshit that was Essences and made that pretty much whatever, once they got rid of the horseshit that was Benthic gear and once they eased up on the horseshit that was entirely random Corruptions... the last season was actually pretty neat.

Let's not act as if that were any different in Legion. The expansion was horrible in the beginning, with just about every early feedback community warning about things being shit becoming evident within the first couple months. It was only later on when Artifact and Legendary restrictions were loosened that the expansion became truly enjoyable.

Shockingly, the same applies to SL. Shit expansion at the start, once they let go of every single one of their stupid ideas, suddenly the game became somewhat enjoyable. And 4 years from now people will look back at SL and remember it for being decent enough during S4 - as with every other expansion of the last decade.

Now, DF has the advantage of not having any new power system that they could intentionally fuck up for 1 year. But then again... DF doesn't have anything at all. Those dungeons and raids better be absolute bangers or this expansion will receive just about the same luke warm reception, eventually turning into hate, inevitably turning into something semi-decent in 2 years.
    The thing with Legion is that a) unless you were really unlucky with legendaries you probably no longer had any issues with the systems by 7.2 and b) even though the legendary system and a few specs were very poorly designed at launch, there was so much content and so many amazing collectibles to get that the game kept you very busy.

As for Essences/Benthic/Corruptions I think those were really only a serious problem for people who wanted to play multiple alts at the highest level (so likely mostly FOTM rerollers) and for people who optimize at the highest level. These are a minority of the playerbase. For most people, 8.2 was a patch with a lot of good content to do and a decent progression mechanism that supported it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The primary reason players hate something or other is because its boring, this is why WoD was by far the worst expansion, simply because it had nothing. Legion had the AP grind, and BfA had the endless systems that were also boring after one or two attempts. This is also true for SL, where the primary issue was the droughts, which are boring.

The issue with this metric is that noone ever remembers being bored. And when the primary reason you hated X expansion is gone you naturally start thinking more positively of it, especially when you are currently bored with what you have.
    Personally I never quit during BfA. I always had things to do. I quit for months in WoD and I actually quit for even longer in SL. I even have collections I kind of want in SL but I just cannot be bothered.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-08-17 at 09:28 AM.

"Oh nyooo the mortal races are keeping us under scrutiny we're sad ((/" -> What Wrathion said in a nutshell

The sheer entitlement of Wrathion, someone ought to tell him what this bitch did to Stormwind, that will shut him up with his victimism:

Now that his boyfriend Anduin is no longer on the throne, he has to come to terms with the consequences of what his kind did. The people of Stormwind, however, fully support Turalyon and his military forces are fully on board with the idea of keeping dragons under strict supervision.

By the way, the Void elves also wielded mysterious and dangerous powers and could assume mortal visages (their previous High elf form) to mingle with the lowly masses. But because they don't act like victims all the time and actually worked hard in the Fourth War to prove their worth to the Alliance, they have been fully accepted despite their differences. The same will happen to the Dracthyr, but, shockingly, one needs to prove themself and work hard first.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-08-17 at 09:48 AM.

I don't understand people who got upset with WoD early on, the story was quite nice and even the gameplay and content were good before 6.1
    Afterwards it becomes a pile of missed opportunities for a land that is beautiful with a glorious soundtrack.

Each expac has its strength but BfA will remain to me this project in which blizz dumped way too much money for stories that deserved more narration and subtlety instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    lol
    Did you just take that screenshot seriously? Your elf mumblings have rotted your brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    I don't understand people who got upset with WoD early on, the story was quite nice and even the gameplay and content were good before 6.1
    Afterwards it becomes a pile of missed opportunities for a land that is beautiful with a glorious soundtrack.

Each expac has its strength but BfA will remain to me this project in which blizz dumped way too much money for stories that deserved more narration and subtlety instead.
    Until I finished with all my garrison achievements (Except the pvp ones) WoD had me extremely happy. Beautiful area, so much to do. And then I run out and found out all that was left was raid or die. I cleared Blackhand on Heroic and left for ESO.