Monk baby
    LETS GOOOOO!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Can only speak for WW Monk and Arcane Mage here but while WW Monk does still have the punch it lacks the, heh, "punch" it had with the extra visuals (sorry, had to), though that could be chalked up to it losing pretty much everything that made Strike of the Windlord what it was.

...actually now that I'm typing this, I wonder if we'll get it back in the talent tree? Fury Warriors got that Odyn's Fury ability back. Ok now I'm hopeful.

Anyway, nothing much replaced visually Mark of Aluneth, either.

So yeah, they can change things up. We'll see.

No argument from me. I think its a dumb idea to remove it anyway. Like I said, there are some real sweet animations in those things.

edit: we've got a build~
    "WW will have playstyles to choose between bringing back old friends or a new playstyle"
    Old friends are
    Tiger eye brew
    Old Clones
    Disarm
    Fire blossom
    Chi explosion
    Strike of the windlord

7+ Year Old Account
    Logging screen:

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Logging screen:

Aaaaand i have a new desktop background.

Formerly known as Arafal

Ok now that is lovely.

Pretty nice, reminds me of the MoP one. New place to explore and all.

Of course if they add a dragon flying down it will suddenly become way more like the Wrath one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Login Screen "concept", so soon ?

Btw, there is no new animations for Dh right now on the alpha.
    Last edited by Valysar; 2022-08-17 at 07:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very pretty vista, can wait to see it in motion.

On another note, it was said that the Unholy DK tree was going to be reworked to some degree waaay back in the first week or so of alpha and I haven't seen anything about that since. I'm starting to wonder if the rework has become more substantial than originally pitched or it's just been on the backburner until the other classes have been rolled out. Personally, I'd get a kick out of seeing the abomination make a return.

Logging screen:

[IMG]
    Weird that they seem to have done away with the whole portal theme for that one. Not even trying to emulate that basic feel that the other login screens do.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    How far have we fallen that there has not been a single login screen rickroll in this thread for the last like 400 pages?

Also, yay Monk talents! Can't wait to play around with the claculator <3

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SunspotAnims View Post

On another note, it was said that the Unholy DK tree was going to be reworked to some degree waaay back in the first week or so of alpha and I haven't seen anything about that since. I'm starting to wonder if the rework has become more substantial than originally pitched or it's just been on the backburner until the other classes have been rolled out.
    They said same for priests. I guess unreleased classes have prio so they can gather first feedback.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Interesting, login screen was usully added in late Beta if I remember correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Weird that they seem to have done away with the whole portal theme for that one. Not even trying to emulate that basic feel that the other login screens do.
    Well neither did Cata or MoP or BfA.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    WotLK, Cata, MoP, BfA and Shadowlands also didn't have them. They put portals when it makes sense. What sense would it make to put a Dark Portal variation in Dragon Isles?

Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    Feels like it's been so many expansions released terribly close to christmass, and every single time people worry about what that means for raiding, like it's not how it usually goes lol
    I mean, it's not how it usually goes...

Back in the day, the closest expansion/raid releases we had for Christmas were:

* Barely near the holidays. - Wrath of the Lich King: November 14, 2008 - Raids opened the same day.

Warlords of Draenor: November 13, 2014 - Highmaul opened on December 2, 2014.

Cataclysm: December 7, 2010 - Raids opened the same day.

Shadowlands: November 23, 2020 - Castle Nathria opened on December 8, 2020.

--

If Blizzard releases Dragonflight on November 28, 2022, and gives us the usual 14-days off-season, the Raid will be opened on December 13, 2022, and Mythic on December 20, 2022, these dates are insane and never before we had a raid release so close to the holiday season. Would be a lot better if the expansion could be released on December 7/8, or 12/13, and the first Season on January 3, 2023.
    Last edited by Luck4; 2022-08-17 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SunspotAnims View Post

On another note, it was said that the Unholy DK tree was going to be reworked to some degree waaay back in the first week or so of alpha and I haven't seen anything about that since. I'm starting to wonder if the rework has become more substantial than originally pitched or it's just been on the backburner until the other classes have been rolled out. Personally, I'd get a kick out of seeing the abomination make a return.
    One can only hope. Unholy DK is one of those specs that is in fire need of someone to come in and fix the mess. For one maybe they can finally decide whether it's a Necromancer with a sword, or a really confused Arms Warrior that dabbles in Necromancy on the side.

Might be an unpopular opinion, but if there ever was a class that should make the transition from Melee to Ranged beyond Survival its definitely Unholy. That spec would barely need any changes to become a staff wielding Necromancer.

Seeing all kinds of specs getting extensive work based on feedback, and seeing Enha get 0 since the talents came live is depressing and gives the same old feeling of how I know from experience they won't "fix it later".

The question is, does Alex fly in front of the scream and roar?

Quote Originally Posted by Manu9 View Post
    Seeing all kinds of specs getting extensive work based on feedback, and seeing Enha get 0 since the talents came live is depressing and gives the same old feeling of how I know from experience they won't "fix it later".
    From feedback I heard that Enh is in a pretty good spot right now, is that not true?

WotLK, Cata, MoP, BfA and Shadowlands also didn't have them. They put portals when it makes sense. What sense would it make to put a Dark Portal variation in Dragon Isles?
    WotLK was definitely the odd one out, but Cata had the Stormwind gates, MoP had the two giant statues, BfA had the Lordaeron gates, and Shadowlands had the giant portal to the Shadowlands.
    It's not strictly speaking the old style of portal, but they all seemed to go for a generic theme of portal or gate, or at the very least some kind of entrance. MoP was definitely a bit more abstract, but with the two statues on either side with their spears crossed you do most definitely have the vague outline of a gate underneath.

Just seems weird to completely abandon that motif for this one. Not that it's bad by any stretch, but it is a clear departure from previous login screens.

Why would they update animations for classes that don't need it as much as others? All of them need it, don't get me wrong, but UH / Blood DK, hunters, and maybe rogues need it the most for sure.