7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I don't think people realize what an "Universe" is.

Azeroth is not an universe. Draenor is not an universe.
    But our Azeroth is basically 616 while AU Draenor was basically 838.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Interesting find. So the ''pocket dimension'' of AU Draenor is another universe until we get confirmation on the contrary. I hope that they address this topic in DF.
    I mean, Danuser essentially just kept the multiverse thing going in Shadowlands.

If they didn't intend for the multiverse to be a thing (which, lets be honest, its a way to milk themes for expansion content, they are not gonna move away from that idea) then Danuser wouldn't have adressed AU souls in his weird thread and rope analogy from that one interview.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I mean, Danuser essentially just kept the multiverse thing going in Shadowlands.

If they didn't intend for the multiverse to be a thing (which, lets be honest, its a way to milk themes for expansion content, they are not gonna move away from that idea) then Danuser wouldn't have adressed AU souls in his weird thread and rope analogy from that one interview.
    What did he say about AU souls? I missed that one.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

7+ Year Old Account
    What did he say about AU souls? I missed that one.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/shadowl...e-draka-318186

We’ve done some stuff that’s involved with time travel and alternate realities. What happens to those souls when they pass on? Do they go to the Shadowlands?

This is a complicated question. How do you deal with things like alternate Draenor? There was a Draka there. What is that Draka? Is she alive? Is she dead? Is she related to the Draka in Shadowlands that we see? Or is there another Draka? We know that in Warlords of Draenor, Velen of that universe died. Does that mean there is a Velen in the Shadowlands? But what about the Velen in Azeroth? All these things are very complicated questions.

The way I would have you think about it is think of a rope… If you look at a rope, it is one thing, right? It’s something that you can grab onto, you can hold it, you can see it; think of that as a character. Think of that rope as Draka or Velen.

If you look at that rope more closely, you can see there are different threads that make up the rope. There are different twines that pull together, and you can pull off one of these threads if you want. But it’s still a rope, and each of those threads you can think of as one of the realities of the character, one of the streams of time… There is a thread that is the Draka from Draenor we visited in the Warlords of Draenor. There is another thread that is Draka on Azeroth as we know her… And there are many other threads that could be other realities that we never peered into. But all of those threads at some time come together to make that rope. And remember also that, as you’ll see, that there are many characters in the Shadowlands when they refer to time, they usually say that time is not a construct of Death. Time and Death are not related. Death is about eternity, not linear time. The manner in which these threads come together, that can take a very long time from mortal perceptions. Those threads can be separated for a time, but sooner or later, they do combine to make one rope that is that character. You can think of it as the threads of that rope, all the individual threads, are just waiting. And over time, they will come together but they can exist as separate entities for a time. That still doesn’t change the fact that they are part of one rope.

Formerly known as Arafal

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a lot of bullshit, though. So if I get It correctly all versions of a character ends up in the Shadowlands as a single entity? Meh, guess that they do not know how to deal with it and came up with this stuff.

Anyway, the important thing after reading this is that definitively they are going towards the multiverse route, so that they can came up with whatever character, event or world whenever they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Why has this thread turned into a boring conversation about Warlords of Draenor?
    Nothing else is really happening.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I heard today will be Max/Ion interview, so maybe some info about Beta or endgame testing.

So either every character in the Shadowlands has memories of their many version across different universes, or when their AU version dies and merges with the version from the main universe, their memories get wiped out... so how is that ok, but Kyrian's memory purge is not?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    So either every character in the Shadowlands has memories of their many version across different universes, or when their AU version dies and merges with the version from the main universe, their memories get wiped out... so how is that ok, but Kyrian's memory purge is not?
    Just don't think about it.
    Blizzard didn't either, as much as they like to pretend otherwise.

Danusers explanation is completely incompatible with how the Shadowlands function.

Formerly known as Arafal

1+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, he spoke on stream yesterday about his interview. 30 minutes long, a couple questions about Season 4, then most of his questions will be about raiding, and if there is time, Mythic+.

- - - Updated - - -

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...ights-of-skill A Nice overview of Dragonriding, so far, in Dragonflight. More is teased to come in the future!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Interesting. I've seen the other explanation way more often than this so I wonder how much weight it really holds. At some point they gave a lot of people the impression of the opposite because I just looked up "no alternate Azeroth" and found people discussing that exact thing: pocket dimension with no Azeroth attached to it
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

I'm 99% sure AU Draenor is just a pocket dimension with no "other Azeroth" or universe attached to it, based off of something from the Chronicle books, but it's been a while since I read those.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Are they changing lore he created, because he is no more?
    They want to get rid from everything he did and sledgehammer retcons are the norm, so yes.

- - - Updated - - -

What we are saying is that WoD's Draenor belongs to its own universe, now that we have confirmation that Azeroth also exists in WoD's Draenor planetary system, is pretty much a confirmation of a new entire universe (which Blizzard probably will never touch again, but until we get new info, there are at least two different universes).
    Azeroth and Draenor do not exist in the same planetary system in any universe.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They want to get rid from everything he did and sledgehammer retcons are the norm, so yes.
    So you are saying they will remove every story he worked on? Source on this, because that makes like, zero sense and is just not doable. It is not a named mob in Stratholme you can rename in 5 sec.

Interview is up.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-08-25 at 08:57 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    So you are saying they will remove every story he worked on? Source on this, because that makes like, zero sense and is just not doable. It is not a named mob in Stratholme you can rename in 5 sec.
    They already shitcanned or altered most of the old lore with SL.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfunnymeme View Post
    They already shitcanned or altered most of the old lore with SL.
    Most? They changed most of WoW lore since like, Warcraft games in one expansion? Because "Jailer was behind LK" changes literally nothing for the story back then.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Azeroth and Draenor do not exist in the same planetary system in any universe.
    Oh I thought that they were pretty close. Was not from Black Temple where we were able to see Azeroth when we fight Illidan? Have not been there in many years so I might be wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh I thought that they were pretty close. Was not from Black Temple where we were able to see Azeroth when we fight Illidan? Have not been there in many years so I might be wrong.
    If they were that close you'd see Outland in every azerothian skybox.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Evokers gonna have hero/bloodlust, a new class will have battle res.

Ion confirmingggg all 3 difficulties releasing at once aka Raid comes out during holidays? // DF releasing in Nov

Source: Limit Max intv on Twitch just now