Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I know. I've seen the maps of Azeroth in Warcraft 3. It's nice that its so easy to discredit the resources the developers directly give us, but I still don't see you providing anything to back up your statement that "the twisting nether is to Disorder what the shadowlands is to Death" if that's allegedly "settled" by the canon.

Because it's not. By your own logic.
    There's no discrediting. The developers themself told us that the chart doesn't give relationships. And you've already been given the evidence, you just refuse to acknowledge it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    10.0 - Deal with Primalists
    10.1 - Deal with Scythid and twillights underground - start time travel to find Disc containing info about Aspects
    10.2 - Disc is found, attempt empowernment, things go bad, Murozond happens - deal with infinites
    10.3 - Murozond fucked timeways, Galakrond is sent to present day, deal with him and Incarnates, empower Aspects properly.

Sprinkle the various side plots (Dream, Nelves, Dragon politics, etc.) in-between.
    I have not read much about these Scythids. Who do they worship? Is there an Old God in the Dragon Isles? If so, DF could go in a very different direction.

I will wait until I play 10.0 and read every quest to guess the patch content, as I have no clue right now.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

7+ Year Old Account
    10.0 - Deal with Primalists
    10.1 - Deal with Scythid and twillights underground - start time travel to find Disc containing info about Aspects
    10.2 - Disc is found, attempt empowernment, things go bad, Murozond happens - deal with infinites
    10.3 - Murozond fucked timeways, Galakrond is sent to present day, deal with him and Incarnates, empower Aspects properly.

Sprinkle the various side plots (Dream, Nelves, Dragon politics, etc.) in-between.
    Not liking this part. Do we really need them around doing aspect stuff again?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

So first thing, first tier boss is a dragon. I expect end boss to be a dragon too but at least one of the mid tiers needs to be something else. We will need a palate cleanser. On one hand it could be something thematic like an elemental but I don't see us facing Ragnaros a THIRD time (unless we befriend him this time and put down Smolderon which would imo be cool). It could be something completely funny; I think we might see a kobold megadungeon or raid with Togwaggle since we are going underground (because after that Hearthstone movie trailer, King Togwaggle deserves his own raid). The most likely option though is whatever type of Aqir those dudes assaulting the Dracthyr were get their own boss. Could be there is a group of primordial aqir (Before they differentiated and followed the different old gods) somewhere. Or maybe they are whatever aqir were shaped by Xal if she was the fifth one. Finally we could have Odyn make a move.

For end boss I expect Murozond. Galakrond could be something else. He could be a penultimate boss. I think it could be cool to make him a world boss you fight using dragonriding all over the Dragon Isles. Give a server wide message when the Primalists unleash him and everyone joins in and fights him. Probably not something the servers can actually handle though.

I do not think Chromatus will be a boss this expac. We need to restock villains. We have a weyrn that is likely to go hostile to Alliance and Horde, would be cool if they find and unleash Chromatus who is very much the dracthyr Aspect (a chromatic experiment combining all dragonflights by Neltharion, only in Dragon form and stronger than any of the Aspects). Do that and we can have his faction show up in the next few expansions alongside the few people left (Azshara, Denathrius) so that they actually have familiar options to throw against us in zones as side enemies.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-08-27 at 06:11 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Not liking this part. Do we really need them around doing aspect stuff again?
    No, but the whole lvling campaign is about collecting their oathstones so they can get their power back.
    It'd be weird if that didn't happen at some point in the expansion, at least to some degree.

Formerly known as Arafal

No, but the whole lvling campaign is about collecting their oathstones so they can get their power back.
    It'd be weird if that didn't happen at some point in the expansion, at least to some degree.
    We could find out that it just can no longer work and the Primalists broke it beyond repair. Or when it is fixed Nozdormu intervenes as it is his turning point to Murozond and becomes a super Aspect. Or the primalists use the power to bring back Galakrond only this time far stronger.

I really think the future of the Dragon flights should be beyond Aspects with all dragons being empowered. However Blizzard is extremely character focused so I doubt I'll get what I want.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    We could find out that it just can no longer work and the Primalists broke it beyond repair. Or when it is fixed Nozdormu intervenes as it is his turning point to Murozond and becomes a super Aspect. Or the primalists use the power to bring back Galakrond only this time far stronger.

I really think the future of the Dragon flights should be beyond Aspects with all dragons being empowered. However Blizzard is extremely character focused so I doubt I'll get what I want.
    Well, we got that one infinite in Uldaman who yeeted the disc that contained the info on how to empower them again into the timeline.

We'll definitely go on a treasure hunt to find it again.
    And given the speech he gave, Super Murozond (or Superzond, if you will) is likely to happen.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post

Well, that would feel be super bad. Work (almost) entire expansion to gather some artifices only for them to end up helping Big Boss. Would be worse than gathering Pillars in Legion to close ToS portal, only for Illidan to immediately lolopen gateway directly to Argus.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, we got that one infinite in Uldaman who yeeted the disc that contained the info on how to empower them again into the timeline.

We'll definitely go on a treasure hunt to find it again.
    And given the speech he gave, Super Murozond (or Superzond, if you will) is likely to happen.
    Which again, is so boring, with it's 12yo of not even foreshadowing, but saying it will happen. I hope for a twist in the end.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-08-27 at 06:36 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    The discussion started about Mistweavers' place in raids, and I think that these two comments are absolutely spot on.

I only raided the first tier(CoN) this expansion, though, but from what I remember, everyone preferred bringing Resto Shaman(Spirit Link), Holy Pala(Aura Mastery + Ashen Hallow), or Disc Priest(Spirit Shell) and there was absolutely no reason to take Holy Priest, Resto Druid or MW Monk, over the first three, if both were available(with the exception of the Kael fight, I guess).
    Almost every raid having BM as one of the tanks, sorted the problem with Mystic Touch. At least I don't recall anyone bringing a MW to a raid in order to get this debuff.
    I think there was one raid tier were Mistweaver was mandatory and that solely due to the overtuning of Essence Font. Otherwise, Mistweaver is by far the most replaceable healing spec (next to Holy Priest) in raids. In Mythic+ they are neither the sought after healer.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

1+ Year Old Account
    So, I love everyone’s response to this question so far and some really good ideas. However, here’s my opinion on lore/bosses/etc.

Personally, I hate the whole “big bad of an expansion” and “defeat big bad at the end of the expansion” theme. What would I prefer? Regardless of your personal feelings on Garrosh, Guldan, and Sylvanas, something I really liked about these characters was the fact that they were built up over the course of an expansion and moved into the next.

For example, Sargeras and the Burning Legion. It was SO cool to see that story build up in WC3, then we had the Burning Crusade, Wrathion questline in MoP, WoD Guldan and HFC ending, and finally, the Legion expansion and Argus.

Then, there’s Zovaal (the complete opposite). His character was basically “rickrolled” onto us at the VERY end of BFA (kind of), then introduced “properly” in SL and, unfortunately, discarded in SL (the same expansion), too. This felt awful.

What I don’t want to see in Dragonflight is another SL “big bad then kill”, and instead, a Burning Legion, Sylvanas, Guldan, or Garrosh situation where maybe Murozond is finally introduced and takes us into 11.0 similarly to Garrosh (MoP to WoD) and Guldan (WoD to Legion), and Sylvanas (BFA to SL). That would be awesome, again, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Final Boss: Galakrond.

Nozdormu's fate: we kill him as a 10.2 raid boss or he lives and leads us to the next expansion.

Next expansion: world revamp from scratch as they did with Draenor in WoD. Current world accessible from CoT or something similar. Circumstances of the revamp undetermined, potential options:

- Nozdormu / Murozond does some magic shit and makes our world go back to the past or move forward to the future an undetermined amount of years.

- Nozdormu / Murozond does some magic shit and we end up on a new version of Azeroth in another universe.

- World revamp caused by the regular past of time, showing all the calamities that we have lived through the years and renovating threats and characters, with the inclusion of many plotlines, highliting the presence of the Void (represented by Xal'atath) and the Light (represented by Yrel).

As you can see my money is on world revamp. 10th expansion, 20 years anniversary of WoW, 30 years anniversary of Warcraft, plus a need for renovation and simplification of systems to attract a much needed new generation of players that has already started with DF. I do not discard a release on consoles with this "new" version of Warcraft.
    I am down for all of these guesses!

Personally, I think they should make Nozdormu resist whatever was going to make him turn to Murozand. Show that fate isn't something set in stone that can never be altered, but an ever shifting flow of causality dependent on the actions of those it concerns.
    I just really hate the idea of prophetic visions always coming true. It means that there isn't any actual free will, if everything you do still leads to the same outcome.

When the time comes to re-empower the aspects, have Nozdormu step down and make Chromie or someone else aspect. This relinquishment of power is the one thing he probably never foresaw himself trying, and would lead to an altered end, one that he hasn't seen and cannot see going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I think there was one raid tier were Mistweaver was mandatory and that solely due to the overtuning of Essence Font. Otherwise, Mistweaver is by far the most replaceable healing spec (next to Holy Priest) in raids. In Mythic+ they are neither the sought after healer.
    You should keep your info updated. The top two guilds in Sepulcher used two holy priests. MW was also used. The healer neither of the top two guilds used was Resto shaman. Also if you just take 30 seconds to look at the healer leaderboards for mythic+ it is mostly holy priests at the top. Your post is like a time capsule from Sanctum days a year ago that somehow just got slowly posted now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    But if they read the terrain like I do instead of going off of personal desires then they'd understand and wouldn't get their jimmies rustled. Again, I have no intention of maining a tinker, I just know with 100% certainty that they're wow's next playable class. It's so God damn obvious all things considered.

If that triggers people then oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfunnymeme View Post
    Personally, I think they should make Nozdormu resist whatever was going to make him turn to Murozand. Show that fate isn't something set in stone that can never be altered, but an ever shifting flow of causality dependent on the actions of those it concerns.
    I just really hate the idea of prophetic visions always coming true. It means that there isn't any actual free will, if everything you do still leads to the same outcome.

When the time comes to re-empower the aspects, have Nozdormu step down and make Chromie or someone else aspect. This relinquishment of power is the one thing he probably never foresaw himself trying, and would lead to an altered end, one that he hasn't seen and cannot see going forward.
    I was fine with you in the first half. I'm fine with the aspects being reempowered, no idea why people dislike it. Don't want Nozdormu stepping down though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I was fine with you in the first half. I'm fine with the aspects being reempowered, no idea why people dislike it. Don't want Nozdormu stepping down though.
    That's just one possibility. They could handle it however, I just really hate the idea of fate being set in stone.

Quote Originally Posted by unfunnymeme View Post

I do not see Chromie as the leader of a flight, she seems to want to be free of that kind of responsibilities.

Focusing in Nozdormu... Do not know, I find really interesting to explore how he deals with his known fate, and we kind of know that he HAS to become Murozond, right? What other fate would he have, though? Retiring? Being a Cairne and do nothing in future expansions? I think that he could be an amazing villain, I just hope that they keep him alive and develop him properly.

I do not see Chromie as the leader of a flight, she seems to want to be free of that kind of responsibilities.

Focusing in Nozdormu... Do not know, I find really interesting to explore how he deals with his known fate, and we kind of know that he HAS to become Murozond, right? What other fate would he have, though? Retiring? Being a Cairne and do nothing in future expansions? I think that he could be an amazing villain, I just hope that they keep him alive and develop him properly.
    Chromie becoming an Aspect is something that's been pushed by fans for a long time despite it not making much sense. She's a good character, but not a leader, and Nozdormu already has an established heir in Anachronos (and a bait-and-switch doesn't really make sense when the entire flight has time magic and should be aware of that much). It's just people pushing a well-known character over the sensible one that we don't see much.

As for Nozdormu escaping his fate... I think there's a good chance of that now given that the new Uldaman boss's dialogue suggests that Murozond's origin revolves around us completely failing our mission and him being the only Aspect. Also, though, the original lore for Murozond is that he was corrupted when he tried to prevent his own destined death. If that isn't changed then he might have to die to avoid becoming Murozond- maybe a heroic sacrifice that he refused to make in other timelines?

Nah, they will summon 5 Zonds and combine them into a Megazond.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post
    As for Nozdormu escaping his fate... I think there's a good chance of that now given that the new Uldaman boss's dialogue suggests that Murozond's origin revolves around us completely failing our mission and him being the only Aspect. Also, though, the original lore for Murozond is that he was corrupted when he tried to prevent his own destined death. If that isn't changed then he might have to die to avoid becoming Murozond- maybe a heroic sacrifice that he refused to make in other timelines?
    An heroic sacrifice would be a fitting end for him, but ONLY if he gets a lot of development in DF. If not, his death will not matter to most players, as we have barely interacted with him in almost 20 years. We barely know him.

Although the idea of him becoming an overpowered aspect is interesting, could still become a good villain and could push the rest of the dragons to interesting and unpredictable paths.

1+ Year Old Account
    An heroic sacrifice would be a fitting end for him, but ONLY if he gets a lot of development in DF. If not, his death will not matter to most players, as we have barely interacted with him in almost 20 years. We barely know him.

Although the idea of him becoming an overpowered aspect is interesting, could still become a good villain and could push the rest of the dragons to interesting and unpredictable paths.
    I’m excited for Dragonflight. I love WoW lore; however, SL showing us death is so off putting for anyone dying. We can’t be sad if he dies because we can go visit him in the Shadowlands! Or, if we can’t, we know he’s ok.