Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    You say that like the cribbing from the forgotten realms thing wow does is a thing of the past when it's happening constantly. The setting of a sealed-off, untouched world ruled by elementals & dragons is just the origin story of Abeir-Toril, the forgotten realms being sundered into two parallel worlds, or Revendreth just being Ravenloft, etc.
    Sorry but u are definately confusing Tropes and specifics. A fantasy world ruled by fantasy monsters made of magic isnt unique, nore is a world of vampires.

And thrn there is the fact that there isnt a single piece of fantasy that isnt inspired by something else. Thats what is fun about it!. Every video game dev is a nerd who watched the same shows and played the same games u did
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    This really doesn’t work in every case without changing established lore or coming up with new lore.

A Mag'har orc can’t stay uncorrupted and be a warlock, a worgen can’t be a paladin due to the nature of the curse and controlling the light, a void elf or light forged can’t be a DH due to the effects of mixing magics, and Mabye a few other examples I can’t think of off the top of my head.

So while they could absolutely just change retcon the lore or come up with new work arounds currently a few combos just shouldn’t be possible.
    Mag'har Warlocks would be Affli only in lore, just like Lightforged Priests currently are holy only lore-wise. You can be a worgen priest, so there is literally no reason you couldn't wear plate armour and become a Paladin. HFC had a void revenant infused with fel and you can be a void elf warlock already, no reason you couldn't be a voidelf dh.

There are literally 0 race/class combos where you can't just write new lore for them, honestly.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Yeah because in dungeon and dragons the players make the story, sure there's a setting but it was made with lots of freedom of choice in mind. That ain't the case for Warcraft. You got Races with their own identity and culture.

I understand having a Night Elf paladin for example, if their spells had different names and visuals and they had their own specific armour. But I'm afraid that won't be the case. Which is just lazy.
    Identit and culture dont mean anything. Anime and japanese and japanese history are something from japan but otakus are a plague on this world. Most people dont play chess but enough do to still have chess tournaments. If only .0001% of a demographic exists then there are many
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Non-Void form? That is our major CD.
    It has only been the major CD since Legion after they took meta out from demo warlocks and decided to give a builder/spender to maintain a form to Spriests instead. Peak shadow priest was in MoP then followed up by WoD with dark evangelism and options like clarity of power. As long as void form is central to the spec it will limit the spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    But if they read the terrain like I do instead of going off of personal desires then they'd understand and wouldn't get their jimmies rustled. Again, I have no intention of maining a tinker, I just know with 100% certainty that they're wow's next playable class. It's so God damn obvious all things considered.

If that triggers people then oh well.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    "If it's not exactly the same, it doesn't count." I bet you'd also say Selune has nothing to do with Elune.
    Yes some where that was barren and devoid of life, had some gods show up and make the Sun and then had a war which involved another god throwing the moon at it only has minor differences from what we are getting in dragon flight your right.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    no reason you couldn't be a voidelf dh.
    How about that Void Elves are half void abberations that are forced to constantly walk on the edges of their sanity?

That doesn't seem to pair well with, you know, undergoing torterous training that constantly strains your will, where you end up sacrificing parts of yourself in order to consume so much fel energy you turn into a demon yourself.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-08-30 at 09:10 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Mag'har Warlocks would be Affli only in lore, just like Lightforged Priests currently are holy only lore-wise. You can be a worgen priest, so there is literally no reason you couldn't wear plate armour and become a Paladin. HFC had a void revenant infused with fel and you can be a void elf warlock already, no reason you couldn't be a voidelf dh.

There are literally 0 race/class combos where you can't just write new lore for them, honestly.
    Unless warlock lore changed some where post legion and I missed it affliction still uses Fel so should still corrupt.

Affliction warlocks are masters of shadow-touched powers, but unlike shadow priests—deadliest when pushed to the brink of insanity—these warlocks delight in using fel forces to cause intense pain and suffering in others.
    And Worgen can be priest but a priest and a paladin aren’t as simple as just putting on plate. a paladin infuses then self fully with light and the established lore is that the Worgen curse makes them to unstable to do so just like how undead don’t do it because it feels like being constantly on fire instead of just the moment of pain priest experience when calling on the light.

And ya there is a Void Fel thing in HFC But it has like no lore and as of legion Fel and Void don’t mix I think flat out exploding if you mix them in one quest.

As to void elf’s they can use Fel as warlocks but aren’t infused with it like demon hunters are just like a priest can use void and light and not explode but Alleria and his husband can’t touch because they both fully embody those powers.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Fact is rvery race Can be every class and there is no reason to think otherwise. What class restrictions represented is what was COMMON. A gnome paladin is possible, but with their culture its unlikely.

And indeep players tend to enforce these things. Most ppl pick lf draenei to be paladins or priests, most ppl pick nightborne to be mages. A few ppl being tauren rogues doesnt stop that. Its just confirmation bias. Zero gnome druids before so any new ones are more obvious. But the majority of certain races are stilll their prefered classes
    Some combos really shouldn't be a thing. Void Elf Paladins for one thing. Mag'har Warlocks cause corruption same with Draenei and it would be super jarring to see them turn to dark magic and Fel even if the Legion is defeated. Oh and Undead Paladins.

Identit and culture dont mean anything. Anime and japanese and japanese history are something from japan but otakus are a plague on this world. Most people dont play chess but enough do to still have chess tournaments. If only .0001% of a demographic exists then there are many
    Oh it does matter though and Japan culture=/ Warcraft race culture.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Non-Void form? That is our major CD.
    They could make a choice node with void form and dark evangelism. Both are major cooldowns and i don't think we will want to have both.

Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal to successfully defy the shadows' whispers.

You see? The Void elves as a race literally defy expectations, they are built around the idea of defying expectations.

It is expected that a Void creature cannot wield the Light. Void elves will exceed that expectation as well.

That, and the fact that, objectively and factually, Void elf Paladins would look cool, so that's a good enough reason to have them playable.

Why is this even being debated around here anyway? Blizzard has already confirmed they'll give every class to every race. On the official forums and Reddit, no one is debating this, because it's already accepted and acknowledged that all races will get all classes. Why is this therad talking about this like it wasn't already confirmed? t?

Not thisss again
    MS. MARVEL will return in The Marvels ✨

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    That's fine, you don't have to play one, no one is forcing you too, leave the Dracthyr alone, they're fine.
    What are you taIking about? please dude, dont act like you speak for everyone and let people have their opinion, thank you. Its rather annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    Not thisss again
    Just ignore the guy... like everyone else.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-08-30 at 09:38 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    ROFL, I like that quick ban. He quickly approaches scarecrowz lvl of ban reaction.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Fact is rvery race Can be every class and there is no reason to think otherwise. What class restrictions represented is what was COMMON. A gnome paladin is possible, but with their culture its unlikely.

And indeep players tend to enforce these things. Most ppl pick lf draenei to be paladins or priests, most ppl pick nightborne to be mages. A few ppl being tauren rogues doesnt stop that. Its just confirmation bias. Zero gnome druids before so any new ones are more obvious. But the majority of certain races are stilll their prefered classes
    Yeah I think that was pretty always established even back in vanilla. With some instances of certain combos only being possible by rare exceptions. But its also important to remember that in vanilla your origin was very specific to certain narrative. So restrictions made more sense from a cultural point of view.

That and some races hadn't even come in contact with one another yet. A gnome for instance, would of likely never even met a druid prior to vanilla unless they fought along Jaina at Hyjal.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    ROFL, I like that quick ban. He quickly approaches scarecrowz lvl of ban reaction.
    That was insanely fast

I don't member having lot's of lore dropped on us in Cata, with last class/race combo addition. Biggest were Taurens palas, with their sun worship. Gnome priests were just some healers, dwarf sham were Wildhammer, dwarf mages/locks were simply Dark Iron. Troll druids were Loa followers, everybody could be a hunter etc. For example - Draenein locks, probably the most egregious combo, could be Eredars returning back after Legion fall. We immediately accepted DK's, why not them?
    And some of them are good, especially with the Tauren Paladins, it created an entire new subset of lore that actually fit. Night Elf Paladins would have to worship Elune. No other way about it. They'd have to work real hard to make sure every class/combo makes sense, especially since they want to allow every race to be every class.

- - - Updated - - -

Real life cultures blending and stuff can be good and all, but the reason I'm playing a video game is to escape reality and live out a fantasy.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    They could make a choice node with void form and dark evangelism. Both are major cooldowns and i don't think we will want to have both.
    It sounds cool to have my purple angel wings back tho

Look, I get the argument of "your average Gnome shouldn't know how to be a druid", but lore-wise, our character is hardly average at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

What are you taIking about? please dude, dont act like you speak for everyone and let people have their opinion, thank you. Its rather annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

Ditto?

I was giving a completely reasonable explanation on why Dracthyr are the way they are, and you are just like "No, they are not the way they are supposed to be!" (aka the way you want them).

If I see a dragon, I don't think "wow, it's a big hulking beast". And I feel like most fantasy writers agree because the majority of humanoid dragons are the way Dracthyr are.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Look, I get the argument of "your average Gnome shouldn't know how to be a druid", but lore-wise, our character is hardly average at this point.
    Actually our character should be amongst the average ones and the npc be the exceptions. That enforces the identity of each races and each classes.

- - - Updated - - -

Fair, but bear in mind, you don't speak for everyone either so stop complaining about something you have absolutely no control over, either get over it and move on or stay being bitter and sad because that's how you come across little man.