Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The cosmetic set added in 9.1 did look like a toga. Or really, looked a bit like what Hermes wears in ancient greek statues. I think it would have made sense to make the different Kyrian orders more visually distinct. Plate for the psychopomp Bearers since they seem to be the fighters, cloth for the Watchers, leather/mail for the Collectors. I mean the sets exist already.
    I guess the 9.1 set might be as close to a proper toga as WoW realistically allows, but it would be nice to have proper flowing clothing instead of skintight tunics and the same robe model.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Speaking of armored Kyrians. I wonder whether it would have been interesting to get a version of Kyrian armor that looks more like a Toga, or at least the flowing robes that the Spirit Healers have.

It's a bit weird looking back that despite Kyrians literally being Spirit Healers you never actually got to really look like them.
    One of the Kyrian sets is basically a toga with laurels.

As for why it isn't flowing, that's mostly engine limitations. Making flowing cloth in WoW's engine is hard, and night-impossible to implement on so many racial models without outrageous amounts of clipping. Thus it's almost always relegated to NPC models.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

So a question for those who have either tried it on Beta, or generally just fiddled with the talent calculator.
    Has anyone else found any interesting talent combinations that you hope will be viable?
    Personally tried out a variant of MM that just flat out didn't take any Arcane Shot buffs, and consequently meant more points towards the end, with a much more straightforward Trueshot rotation. Probably not ideal in terms of DPS, but it looks to me like a decent route for MM to go, especially with all the Wind Arrow synergy at the bottom.

7+ Year Old Account
    So a question for those who have either tried it on Beta, or generally just fiddled with the talent calculator.
    Has anyone else found any interesting talent combinations that you hope will be viable?
    Personally tried out a variant of MM that just flat out didn't take any Arcane Shot buffs, and consequently meant more points towards the end, with a much more straightforward Trueshot rotation. Probably not ideal in terms of DPS, but it looks to me like a decent route for MM to go, especially with all the Wind Arrow synergy at the bottom.
    Honestly without details it's hard to tell right now on Beta. :/

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Well I am pretty sure I can do a prot paladin that will do very high single target damage by focusing on AS talents + Focused Enmity. Which should make the class even more effective at soloing old raid bosses/outdoor rares. Right now may tankadin is a beast during cooldowns and completely useless outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Honestly without details it's hard to tell right now on Beta. :/
    That's true. Still though, any builds you hope will be decent?

7+ Year Old Account
    That's true. Still though, any builds you hope will be decent?
    I only tried BM so far. It's quite cool that you can spec into pure single target or aoe and the new spell that calls from all your pets is a worthy successor to wild spirits as a long cd button, although right now it only summons from my 5 main pets instead of the whole stable.

But yeah, without details it's quite hard to tell, let's hope they release a beta version for it soon.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I only tried BM so far. It's quite cool that you can spec into pure single target or aoe and the new spell that calls from all your pets is a worthy successor to wild spirits as a long cd button, although right now it only summons from my 5 main pets instead of the whole stable.

But yeah, without details it's quite hard to tell, let's hope they release a beta version for it soon.
    Surely the new summon pets ability is more skin to Pre-Legion Stampede, right?
    I very much remember that spell being absolutely busted, even on MM, so hopefully it feels like a worthy successor to it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Surely the new summon pets ability is more skin to Pre-Legion Stampede, right?
    I very much remember that spell being absolutely busted, even on MM, so hopefully it feels like a worthy successor to it.
    Yep haha. You can also get quite a few talents that will allow you to summon dire beasts and there are a few that buff your summoned pets even further which feels quite fun.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

So are they holding off on the ptr going up until they make the prepatch announcement

There is a test version available on CurseForge (when/if it loads). Obviously will have some issues still, but should mostly work.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2022-09-04 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    So are they holding off on the ptr going up until they make the prepatch announcement
    That seems a strong possibility.
    Also possible they want to get enough info on classes to be able to say they are "done", and that only tuning remains to be tested.

Also possible they have not made the invasion framework to a complete enough state it can even be tested, hard to say.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    There is a test version available on CurseForge (when/if it loads). Obviously will have some issues still, but should mostly work.
    Aww thanks!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Did they change Spirit of Redemption? Also don't we have specific lore that says that the Spirit Healers of Azeroth were Val'kyr made by Odyn that went rogue and sided with neither him nor Helya? How about Anara?
    Spirit Healers were retconned into being Kyrians, thus making Val'kyr offshoot of Kyrians.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Spirit Healers were retconned into being Kyrians, thus making Val'kyr offshoot of Kyrians.
    YEah I get it, still don't see what is gained by that retcon over the previous lore.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-09-05 at 10:20 AM.

YEah I get it, still don't see what is gained by that retcon over the previous lore.
    Honestly out of all ox Shadowlands' lore crimes, giving an explaination to Spirit Healers, who have just been a Game Mechanic up to this point and all "lore" for them were either joke quest or handwaving, was the least of them.

More than was lost. It's not even a contradiction to the Val'kyr thing; the Val'kyr going to the Shadowlands and becoming Kyrian Watchers would still be in line with what the Chronicle says. Mostly because it barely says anything.

It preventing the plot hole of Kyrians being in charge of who passes onto the Afterlife and who doesn't, yet not actually being the Spirit Healers?

Having the Kyrian and the Spirit Healers be indepedent makes no sense. As soon as the Kyrians were revealed it made sense that the Spirit Healers are Kyrians.

Literally the only snippet of lore we have about Spirit Healers is the following:

Not all Val'kyr continued to follow Helya after Odyns defeat. Some of these spectral beings disappeared into the Shadowlands. The few who still retained a glimmer of nobility in their souls dedicated themselves to watching over the physical world. From within the Shadowlands, these Val'kyr would at times guide the dead back to the land of the living
    Even then, that paragraph didn't necessarily get retconned. The Val'kyr that left Odyn could have gotten assimilated into the Kyrian ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    This is a good thing tho. The objectification of women is a problem that needs to be dealt with. The old Spirit Healer model was overtly and unnecessarily sexualized. Kyrians don't dress like that. So personally I like this change.
    Really now? I wouldn't think so.

Look at those thighs, those ass cheeks sticking out. Maybe them Kyrians aren't as prude as you want them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    More than was lost. It's not even a contradiction to the Val'kyr thing; the Val'kyr going to the Shadowlands and becoming Kyrian Watchers would still be in line with what the Chronicle says. Mostly because it barely says anything.
    I still feel they should have done a better job in Shadowlands explaining the relations between the Nine, Devos, Mawsworn Kyrian and then Spirit Healers and Kyrian Watchers. I also would have liked to see what e.g. Kyrestia thinks of Odyn's scheme since he is effectively stealing souls from the Shadowlands (and souls that would mostly end up in Bastion and Maldraxus, not just random souls that would go beyond).