Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    We don't have stylized maps accurate to that time period though, we have extremely detailed maps that accurately trace the outlines of the islands and continents we see.
    Just seems weird that the maps are this weird in-game accurate map instead of a more lore accurate, or even stylized lore accurate one.
    Given that a lore accurate one would be utterly useless ingame, i don't find that weird at all. The maps aren't really that detailed, though. And they don't accurately trace the outlines. They look similar, but you can find plenty of places where there's water or land when the map shows the opposite.

That would seem to be the case.
    Wouldnt be the first time the mount speed modifier wasnt accurate to what was being actually stated on the tooltip.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully we get a world map that is properly accurate to lore accurate sizes, instead of being accurate to in-game sizes. Always just makes it seem so weird when supposedly small island nation Kul Tiras is half the size of actual continent Northrend.
    So I guess the speed was always this then yeah?

- - - Updated - - -

Doubt Blizz just changed the speed unannounced ahaha...

- - - Updated - - -

Tbf here the maps don't work at all, even with the in game comparison...

Northrend is like twice the size of the Isles, when I am like 99% certain that is not the same.

Hopefully we get a world map that is properly accurate to lore accurate sizes, instead of being accurate to in-game sizes. Always just makes it seem so weird when supposedly small island nation Kul Tiras is half the size of actual continent Northrend.
    I've always assumed they only do this so people in the general audience don't look at the map and complain that "XYZ new continent is so small compared to everything else" when in reality that's not the case.

Artistically at least, its a abomination compared to the chronicles maps. I also can't stand the westward drift of Northrend.

The maps aren't accurate to ingame sizes at all. Dragon Isles is roughly the size of Northrend in game, yet isn't shown so in the map.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Also, was the Dragonriding flight speed always maxed out at 830%?
    That would seem to be the case.
    Wouldnt be the first time the mount speed modifier wasnt accurate to what was being actually stated on the tooltip.
    So I guess the speed was always this then yeah?

- - - Updated - - -

Doubt Blizz just changed the speed unannounced ahaha...
    Your normal running speed is 100% movement speed.

Dragonriding increases that by 830%.

Meaning the top movement speed is 930%, as they have stated.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Given that a lore accurate one would be utterly useless ingame, i don't find that weird at all. The maps aren't really that detailed, though. And they don't accurately trace the outlines. They look similar, but you can find plenty of places where there's water or land when the map shows the opposite.
    The continent specific maps are fine, it's the larger mao of all of Azeroth that is the problem.
    The only problems with making that map more lore accurate would be players complaining new continents are smaller than other ones, as well as possibly being more difficult to zoom in on.

What I mean by a xuratelt tracing the outlines is that you don't really get the weird warping of coastlines often seen on really old world maps.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Go look at middle ages maps. That kind of thing is normal.

Also, it isn't to scale for anything, ingame or out. The map is designed for being easy to navigate, not being easy to use for navigation.
    I mean, most modern maps aren't actually done to scale. Like most globes are done based on a proportion?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for the dumb question, but what is on the PTR right now? Pre patch? DF? Can you try Evokers?

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I mean, most modern maps aren't actually done to scale. Like most globes are done based on a proportion?
    I think you mean map projection, where either areas or angles are distorted - something must be, it's impossible to make perfect flat map from globe. But everything is calculated and done to scale, it's not like they make up data xD.

WoW ingame map is always designed to be easy to navigate, every 2 years few people have butthurt that some island isn't tiny like in Chronicles, but who the hell cares, it's game tool that must be functional in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    Sorry for the dumb question, but what is on the PTR right now? Pre patch? DF? Can you try Evokers?
    Right now just talents + system changes I think, but it's just first build. PTR is for pre-patch content that doesn't require buying DF, so whole event without Evoker class & starting zone.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2022-09-08 at 01:54 PM.

Lol you wish
    Nah, I'd say there's a 99,99999% chance for that to happen.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    As opposed to....?

There are already 5 million titles in the game
    Yeah and I like more, its one of the things I look forward to. They can introduce interesting new ones too. But these are all relatively bland.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Seems odd they'd give players "Ally of Dragons" instead of the obvious Dragonsworn.
    Case in point, yeah, that'd be better than "Ally of Dragons".

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Wowhead: "With the first Dragonflight PTR build, many players will be disappointed to know Evokers are not currently testable."

What the hell are they doing in this community full of Karens? Of course nothing that require paying for expansion won't be available on PTR until 10.1 build. Sure, it could be different this time, but it is unreasonable to expect something that never happened.

I hope it's mistake, not creating drama out of thin air - which wouldn't be first time.
    I've already seen a fair amount of people asking about evokers on the PTR which baffles me because why would they be testable there?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Yeah and I like more, its one of the things I look forward to. They can introduce interesting new ones too. But these are all relatively bland.

Case in point, yeah, that'd be better than "Ally of Dragons".

I've already seen a fair amount of people asking about evokers on the PTR which baffles me because why would they be testable there?
    Why not? I was really expecting that. I mean it's just PTR and testing might convince people to get the expansion that are still hesitating. I mean what's the issue making the class available to everyone for a few weeks?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Nah, I'd say there's a 99,99999% chance for that to happen.
    No...

They're not going to abandon a plot they just set up for a future plotline.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    Class talent trees and new UI rn. No invasions nor Evokers yet.

Kinda like Legions prepatch PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Why not? I was really expecting that. I mean it's just PTR and testing might convince people to get the expansion that are still hesitating. I mean what's the issue making the class available to everyone for a few weeks?
    Far as I'm aware it hasn't happened before (which I admit isn't a reason for it not to happen) but also that the PTR is simply testing how the rest of the game will work sans the expansion.

I don't have much issue with it myself but its never been something I expected. It'd be like expecting to be able to test the rest of expansion content on the PTR. You're not expecting to be able to access the Dragon isles or dragonriding on the PTR, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    They've been offline for over a week...
    Clearly for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Far as I'm aware it hasn't happened before (which I admit isn't a reason for it not to happen) but also that the PTR is simply testing how the rest of the game will work sans the expansion.

I don't have much issue with it myself but its never been something I expected. It'd be like expecting to be able to test the rest of expansion content on the PTR. You're not expecting to be able to access the Dragon isles or dragonriding on the PTR, are you?
    Because they start at level 58, therefore they are being released during Pre-Patch just like Demon Hunters were in Legion. Why wouldn't somebody expect to be able to test it on the Pre-Patch PTR? Granted its the first build yes so we'll see!

Quote Originally Posted by Kneckt95 View Post
    Because they start at level 58, therefore they are being released during Pre-Patch just like Demon Hunters were in Legion. Why wouldn't somebody expect to be able to test it on the Pre-Patch PTR? Granted its the first build yes so we'll see!
    Granted it is a bit odd that you cannot test a Dracthyr on the PTR, but this is also how the game is supposed to function if we assume you will need to own Dragonflight to be able to make a Dracthyr in the Pre-patch. PTR has no way to actually simulate owning the expansion, and given this is a once per expansion PTR thing (or even once per every other pre-patch PTR realistically) I don't see why Blizzard should have to bother. They already get plenty of testing done on it in the Beta.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I swear, if wowhead would post instead: "surprisingly there are no dragon isles on PTR in this build, players are angry" we would have posts how Blizzard is awful for not doing that xD.

7+ Year Old Account
    The wrath - retail cross promo is pretty neat.

Formerly known as Arafal

Just got a beautiful new Mount in Retail for nothing ^_^