7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I mean it was clearly defined by people in here that it was Merithra before the lore leak.
    It absolutely wasn't.

No one really were going "It's Ysera" back when the Loading Screen first appeared until the Globe of Rebirth leak changed the trajectory of the conversation and then finalized with the broadcast text leak.
    Heya!

I was practically yelling at people in this very thread that it is Ysera, throughout the whole discussion.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizz addresses state of PTR priests:

https://www.wowhead.com/news/blizzar...cess-to-328843
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Look I know it is Ysera. But if it is Ysera, that means the moronic plot that puts Malfurion in the freezer is also right and that means Dragonflight will likely have similar stupid story beats that are soap drama. And I am not excited about that so I will willfully choose to ignore it until it is true.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Soap drama" Guys come up with all sorts of way slap the game. I mean I don't like Malfurion being sacrificed but it being slightly emotional....

dear god(That was snark)

I'll go out and say it here that everybody and their mother following the art and beta progress was speculating who the elf was. Most people, from what I could tell at the time, was saying that the elf was Marithra. It was strengthened by the idea that, if Ysera were to come back, it would be through leapfrogging deus ex machina means, which people felt that Blizzard wouldn't be stupid enough to use. So, natural conclusion, it would be Marithra.
    The art doesn't look like Merithra, its completely different.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2022-09-14 at 06:34 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    I'll go out and say it here that everybody and their mother following the art and beta progress was speculating who the elf was. Most people, from what I could tell at the time, was saying that the elf was Marithra. It was strengthened by the idea that, if Ysera were to come back, it would be through leapfrogging deus ex machina means, which people felt that Blizzard wouldn't be stupid enough to use. So, natural conclusion, it would be Marithra.

Well - one thing leads to another, and... it is what it is. Now that it's clear that it's Ysera, everybody who was wrong before is saying, "Oh, no, it was obvious that it was Ysera, I know Ysera like the back of my hand." God, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Koollan View Post

Well - one thing leads to another, and... it is what it is. Now that it's clear that it's Ysera, everybody who was wrong before is saying, "Oh, no, it was obvious that it was Ysera, I know Ysera like the back of my hand." God, please.
    The person on the loading screen looks nothing like Merithra and everything like Ysera.

It's obvious it is Ysera because it looks like Ysera.

You can check it's Ysera by opening any image of Ysera and google and comparing it to the loading screen, and then opening up any image of Merithra and comparing it to the loading screen. You will find out it is, and always has been, Ysera.

People have been saying it was Ysera before we knew Ysera was relevant, because Ysera looks like Ysera.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Blizz addresses state of PTR priests:

https://www.wowhead.com/news/blizzar...cess-to-328843
    Hard priest nerfs, how sad.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The person on the loading screen looks nothing like Merithra and everything like Ysera.

It's obvious it is Ysera because it looks like Ysera.

You can check it's Ysera by opening any image of Ysera and google and comparing it to the loading screen, and then opening up any image of Merithra and comparing it to the loading screen. You will find out it is, and always has been, Ysera.

People have been saying it was Ysera before we knew Ysera was relevant, because Ysera looks like Ysera.
    Merithria is a night elf dragon with green hair. Ysera is a night elf dragon with green hair. Considering Ysera was an aspect, one could also assume that similar fixings / clothing would be used for a new aspect. Just because a night elf with green hair has similar clothes to Ysera doesn't really prove a whole lot, especially with the facial markings.

People got it wrong because it was very simple to get it wrong through the context we were provided. Ysera was dead. Merithra is not. We had no reason to believe Ysera would magically come back from the dead through deus ex machina.

But Blizzard is Blizzard. People who 'obviously' knew that the art was Ysera also 'obviously' had intricate knowledge of how she would be resurrected. Do you see the logic?

Any info on a build coming today?

Servers are down currently, so its coming soon

Merithria is a night elf dragon with green hair. Ysera is a night elf dragon with green hair. Considering Ysera was an aspect, one could also assume that similar fixings / clothing would be used for a new aspect. Just because a night elf with green hair has similar clothes to Ysera doesn't really prove a whole lot, especially with the facial markings.

People got it wrong because it was very simple to get it wrong through the context we were provided. Ysera was dead. Merithra is not. We had no reason to believe Ysera would magically come back from the dead through deus ex machina.

But Blizzard is Blizzard. People who 'obviously' knew that the art was Ysera also 'obviously' had intricate knowledge of how she would be resurrected. Do you see the logic?
    It wasn't that the picture didn't look like Ysera, but rather that it was easier to assume Merithra would get a model update to look closer to Ysera than it was to assume Ysera would do a 180 on staying in the Shadowlands.

This wasn't even that long after we actually got the questline where Ysera flat out refused to be ressurected, so assuming that the writers would go back on this after seemingly conclusively stating the opposite just didn't seem realistic.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

5+ Year Old Account
    Do they send new invites every Wednesday or every new build?
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    Do they send new invites every Wednesday or every new build?
    I think its with every build. If they enable template characters this build it might be a big wave *fingers crossed*

No, people who "obviously" knew that the art was Ysera just looked at Ysera on the loading screen and Yseras ingame model and noticed that it looks exactly like her (bar the armour).

The fact that the dragon on the loading screen has the exact same tattoos/eye colour (Ysera is the only green dragon with blue eyes afaik) was a dead giveaway, especially when you consider that the tattoos and eye colour of Merithria are different.

Plus, the floating disc thing is iconic to Ysera.

There were plenty of people who said it was Ysera before it was known that Ysera would be returning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It wasn't that the picture didn't look like Ysera, but rather that it was easier to assume Merithra would get a model update to look closer to Ysera than it was to assume Ysera would do a 180 on staying in the Shadowlands.

This wasn't even that long after we actually got the questline where Ysera flat out refused to be ressurected, so assuming that the writers would go back on this after seemingly conclusively stating the opposite just didn't seem realistic.
    Even if the whole Ysera thing wasn't to happen, and Merithria was going to be the new Aspect, they wouldn't have put her on the loading screen and spoiled an entire zone questline.

Ysera was simply put on the loading screen because she is still the Green Aspect, even in death.

It would be like putting Bolvar in the loading screen for ICC and it's the reason why Krexus is part of the Shadowlands loading screen.

The loading screens are based on a launch POV.

it's quite frightening that we are reduced to explaining to people that confusion about any piece on which we tend to speculate the meaning is ok and expected.

But then again, you are explaining this to someone yelling I told you so, it was obvious (aka you're idiots) and who fails to see that this is clearly a sign that they should take a break and breathe fresh air.

7+ Year Old Account

Ysera literally told us in the Shadowlands epilogue that "if Elune wills it, I will return".

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, new build inc? Let's hope for some more transmog and mount updates, aswell as the lesser dragonkin tames for hunters

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    If we do indeed have halls of valor in season 1 I want blizzard to update Hyrja so it's not randomly killing dps in your group during tyrannical weeks.
    Legion dungeons are all overturned (based in TW M+), something about the numbers seems off, essentially any key feels 2-3 levels higher in difficulty compared with dungeons from another expansion.

They're nerfing specific skills for Karazhan but the problem is the scaling.

Beta key giveaways from streamers will start tomorrow so good luck to those trying to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentronium View Post
    Beta key giveaways from streamers will start tomorrow so good luck to those trying to get in.
    in my experience i win 3 then get flagged twice

If I won a beta key from the WoW Twitter account giveaway today, am I allowed to give it to a friend since I have beta already?