Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    WoW has been on this level since its inception. I'd say you're the one who is mistaken here expecting anything else.
    I think they may be mentally deficient. Explains why they have Clown in their username.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    That was absolutely not my point. My point was: wow's writing and characters suck ass. Someone offered something that they though were counter examples, and I suggested Emet-Selch as the quality level wow should aspire to, but obviously not something they should copy. Someone else also completely missing the point told me to just play FFXIV, hence my quip about it being possible to play multiple games.

Frankly given the reading comprehension of wow players I can understand why they keep the writing simple.
    People play their first game that isn't WoW and suddenly think it has the best writing ever lmao. No, both games have (and have always had) shitty writing.

FFXIVs writing is like a notch above WoW, but implying that it's anything but idiotic drivel of no meaning whatsoever, full of Deus Ex Machina and asspulls, you are deluding yourself.

Just did a great hunt on beta. I am sure on live with high ilvl they will be destroyed but those bosses have crazy abilities

Also interesting how many queer couples they've added in this expac. Which I guess is OK, representation. Not same as in ESO that had pretty much the same type of quests many years before and not while trying to show they are no longer horrible to minorities like Blizzard is. Though the obvious lesbian dracthyr in the starting zone was pretty well done.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-09-25 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    People play their first game that isn't WoW and suddenly think it has the best writing ever lmao. No, both games have (and have always had) shitty writing.
    No, I always knew wow was shit. And I never said anything else than "ffxiv has good writing for a MMO".

FFXIVs writing is like a notch above WoW, but implying that it's anything but idiotic drivel of no meaning whatsoever, full of Deus Ex Machina and asspulls, you are deluding yourself.
    It does have all that, but at least it doesn't make me want to skip every cinematic and to disable every voice over. That's a lot more than a notch.

Shout outs to the people on social media who said nothing all alpha/beta but chimed in to say Blizzard sucks and the game is dead because they aren't working on talent trees anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Just did a great hunt on beta. I am sure on live with high ilvl they will be destroyed but those bosses have crazy abilities

Also interesting how many queer couples they've added in this expac. Which I guess is OK, representation. Not same as in ESO that had pretty much the same type of quests many years before and not while trying to show they are no longer horrible to minorities like Blizzard is. Though the obvious lesbian dracthyr in the starting zone was pretty well done.
    Can't help but to feel bit cynical about how the first expansion after the Big Discrimination Lawsuit has most queer representstion in the history of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Can't help but to feel bit cynical about how the first expansion after the Big Discrimination Lawsuit has most queer representstion in the history of the game.
    I mean ofc. Honestly I am not congratulating them or anything. Representation is nice but you don't deserve a pat on the back for doing the bare minimum imo.

Just finished Azure Span and while I like that they remembered Senegos, why would he be the first to answer Kalec's call instead of someone he has actual history with like Tyrygosa? Or show more people and bring Azuregos and Haleh. Just forget Lanigosa ever existed (worst voice acting in all of WoW).

Also right now all cinematics are not final. They have so many of them with dragons speaking. I really hope they at least have them move their mouth a bit. I am not expecting any lip syncing or expressions, just that they at least open their damn mouths.

Also the seat of the Aspects has space for TWO more banners. I think we might see those two filled. I expect one to be Nether Dragons. No idea what the other could be. Twilights, Infinites and Chromatics are all obviously villains. The Storm Dragons from Stormheim would be an interesting pick (and their connection to Tyr can make things spicy). But another interesting option would be to find space for the Chromatics OR for the Dracthyr.

Crafting order system doesn't seem to be operational yet. Was it in any previous built? The UI itself is kind of broken
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-09-25 at 01:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Shout outs to the people on social media who said nothing all alpha/beta but chimed in to say Blizzard sucks and the game is dead because they aren't working on talent trees anymore.
    I don't think these people were really interested in giving any form of feedback. It was mostly to trash Blizzard.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean ofc. Honestly I am not congratulating them or anything. Representation is nice but you don't deserve a pat on the back for doing the bare minimum imo.
    Eh, i'd say the bigger issue is that it doesn't really have a place in the story. WoW isn't about personal relationships. Its okay if characters just happen to be in a relationship, but putting it in the forefront like this is rather overdoing it and thus feels forced.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    One does not need to be involved in the process to see that the end result is lacking.
    They're just voicing their opinion like all others.

Also how would you know that a significant portion hasn't spoken out? Did you somehow acquire a comprehensive overview of the feedback Blizzard received?
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't think these people were really interested in giving any form of feedback. It was mostly to trash Blizzard.
    I imagine that was meant sarcastically. They didn't say anything for months, and now they're suddenly all coming out of the woodwork to complain about a development necessity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    One does not need to be involved in the process to see that the end result is lacking.
    They're just voicing their opinion like all others.
    They had several weeks to voice their opinion when Blizzard still had opportunity to do something about it. No, these people just want to complain for the sake of complaining. They're not interested in anything being fixed or even worked on.

I imagine that was meant sarcastically. They didn't say anything for months, and now they're suddenly all coming out of the woodwork to complain about a development necessity.

- - - Updated - - -

They had several weeks to voice their opinion when Blizzard still had opportunity to do something about it. No, these people just want to complain for the sake of complaining. They're not interested in anything being fixed or even worked on.
    I know, my question was: How do you know they did not do that as well?
    Blizzard has been known to ignore feedback, whether given privately or publicly; it's hardly unthinkable these are the ignored ones.

Also how does it matter? A lacking product is a lacking product, doesn't matter if i say so early or later, my judgement is not somehow disingenious because of your stiff development schedule.
    That schedule is quite irrelevant to any judgements made in fact, and as such one needs to keep a degree of flexibility. Not doing so is not a mistake on the part of the judge, but on the part of the judged.
    Last edited by loras; 2022-09-25 at 01:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has been known to ignore feedback, whether given privately or publicly; it's hardly unthinkable these are the ignored ones.
    Giving the benefit of the doubt to keyboard warriors is just lazy arguing. They had plenty of time to say stuff for months.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Giving the benefit of the doubt to keyboard warriors is just lazy arguing. They had plenty of time to say stuff for months.
    ...Are you not a keyboard warrior as well?
    What would distinguish you from them?
    If i were to not give you the benefit of the doubt i would think you simply seek excuses to dismiss fair criticism on a product you are, for whatever reason, emotionally invested in already.

They deserve the benefit of the doubt as much as you do.

Given that they complain on public fora, what reason do we have to assume they did or even had the capability of doing so without our notice?

That schedule is quite irrelevant to any judgements made in fact, and as such one needs to keep a degree of flexibility.
    What good is a content-free complaint at a time where it can no longer be acted on? All they're doing is wasting our time.

Given that they complain on public fora, what reason do we have to assume they did or even had the capability of doing so without our notice?

What good is a content-free complaint at a time where it can no longer be acted on? All they're doing is wasting our time.
    One tends to complain in private before going public, it's easier and more effective that way. Why would anyone take the opposing route?

-
    Well it does signify to the makers of the game that they should expect either to change the stiff schedule or to expect the consequences of (what some believe to be) an inferior/incomplete product.

It may seem a bit harsh, but the woes of developers are of no concern to the judges, in this case the customers.
    It's good for the devs to have some indication of what they can expect, it allows them to make informed decisions.

One tends to complain in private before going public, it's easier and more effective that way. Why would anyone take the opposing route?
    A sane, rational person would do that. I'm not convinced there's very many of those around.

But giving the complainants to much credit seems to be a common thread with you. There's no judges here. Just a bunch of loudmouths yelling. They likely don't even know first- or secondhand what the state of the talents is.

A sane, rational person would do that. I'm not convinced there's very many of those around.

But giving the complainants to much credit seems to be a common thread with you. There's no judges here. Just a bunch of loudmouths yelling. They likely don't even know first- or secondhand what the state of the talents is.
    I think that may be an error on your part.
    You might have a ...colored idea of what ratio and sanity entail.
    One clear mark of a developed mind is being being able to entertain thoughts and views without accepting them though, to see the difference between the rational structures and the coloration, whether that be religious, ideological, emotional or whatever else.

And i think that even just this post of yours shows that you have issues with at least the emotional coloration, if not much more.

As to the judges: All those who comment on such matters are definitively part of the judges; We all are the potential customers for this particular product, none of us speaks for the collective in any meaningful sense so it would be foolish to attempt to dismiss any opinions as being less genuine or meaningful than any other.

Of course objective substance still exists, but you'll note that we are strictly discussing the relevance of stated opinions here.
    (objective substance in the case of the talent system might be akin to that neat analysis of the node structures of the talent system some forumdweller here made, though it's a different question whether such an analysis is actually useful in regards to making or judging a good product)
    Last edited by loras; 2022-09-25 at 02:27 PM.

So classic Wrath releases soon
    And people were complaining that DF was too close to it....I can kinda understand raid testing is too close but come on its a few hours twice a week

I am guessing as soon as you unlock Dragon riding that probably your best option is to start collecting the glyphs. I do wonder what the optimal path might be. A few of them definitely would take a while to get like Thaldrazsus Apex
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-09-25 at 05:23 PM.