Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    So classic Wrath releases soon
    And people were complaining that DF was too close to it....I can kinda understand raid testing is too close but come on its a few hours twice a week
    Honestly i feel like Blizzard should have just tried out not testing the new raid at all, or at least just on NM or HC to ensure no game breaking bugs. Just tune it low with the expectation that the difficulty should come from having to learn the fight, not from having to do everything perfectly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I am guessing as soon as you unlock Dragon riding that probably your best option is to start collecting the glyphs. I do wonder what the optimal path might be. A few of them definitely would take a while to get like Thaldrazsus Apex
    Yeah it's a bit weird how it all works out. I am all for not making it timegated, but not even having it level gated feels like it's kinda undermining the entire premise of getting better at it.

Not really tested it myself though, so might be wrong. Though from what I hear most, if not all the glyphs are easy to get, so there probably isn't going to be a sense that you become able to get to new places either.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Yeah it's a bit weird how it all works out. I am all for not making it timegated, but not even having it level gated feels like it's kinda undermining the entire premise of getting better at it.

Not really tested it myself though, so might be wrong. Though from what I hear most, if not all the glyphs are easy to get, so there probably isn't going to be a sense that you become able to get to new places either.
    There are a few you are probably better off leaving until you are almost done I guess
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-09-25 at 06:15 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Eh, i'd say the bigger issue is that it doesn't really have a place in the story. WoW isn't about personal relationships. Its okay if characters just happen to be in a relationship, but putting it in the forefront like this is rather overdoing it and thus feels forced.
    We have avenged tons of wives and family’s, helps dragons hook up with spirit healers, went to thralls wedding, delivered love letters and ton more of other relationship related things, not to mention the ton of lore about illidan Tyranda and Malf’s live triangle or Jiana and arthas.

A pretty big chuck of wow has been about personal relationships in one way or another since atleast classic.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Honestly i feel like Blizzard should have just tried out not testing the new raid at all, or at least just on NM or HC to ensure no game breaking bugs. Just tune it low with the expectation that the difficulty should come from having to learn the fight, not from having to do everything perfectly.

- - - Updated - - -
    so they said they arent going to tune around the world top players anymore im guessing they just want the mythic stuff to work

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    We have avenged tons of wives and family’s, helps dragons hook up with spirit healers, went to thralls wedding, delivered love letters and ton more of other relationship related things, not to mention the ton of lore about illidan Tyranda and Malf’s live triangle or Jiana and arthas.

A pretty big chuck of wow has been about personal relationships in one way or another since atleast classic.
    It just sticks to people more when it's a queer couple. To be fair, I wish games could figure a way to represent us without needing a couple to affirm that someone is queer or just relegating it to gossip text but hey, entertainment forms much better suited for this still fail every day.\

I also just found a quest up a broken tower accessible only with flight that led me to a tuskar that then requires THREE different dungeon runs to complete. And I somehow am sure it will just result in some toy.

You're way overstating both how common those are and the general impact. Illidan/Tyrande/Malfurion was a side note at best, always overshadowed by bigger issues while Jaina's relationships have little to no impact on anything and may as well not have happened for all the difference it makes.
    Thrall's wedding had some importance, but who he got married to did not.
    Azuregos and the Spirit Healer was little more than a joke.

And that's what, 4 relationships in 18 years of story?

You're way overstating both how common those are and the general impact. Illidan/Tyrande/Malfurion was a side note at best, always overshadowed by bigger issues while Jaina's relationships have little to no impact on anything and may as well not have happened for all the difference it makes.

BfA had a marriage be an important plot point in the Drustvar storyline. Both Lucille having her marriage ruined, and her mother becoming a witch because her husband was dying.

7+ Year Old Account
    BfA had a marriage be an important plot point in the Drustvar storyline. Both Lucille having her marriage ruined, and her mother becoming a witch because her husband was dying.
    Wouldn't really call them important. Nothing would change in the story of the zone if Lord W wasn't sick and Lady W was just power hungry. Same with going to the past and seeing failed wedding.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Wouldn't really call them important. Nothing would change in the story of the zone if Lord W wasn't sick and Lady W was just power hungry. Same with going to the past and seeing failed wedding.
    Well yeah, but that is true for loads of weddings in stories. Point is that Drustvar was a story where there was a wedding that was given prominence, and a marriage that was also given prominence.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    But the question isn't if relationships are prominent or important to the story, it's if they are part of the story. None of these new questlines make the relationship important and world defining, it's just there. Let's not act as if it is something new. Perhaps the volume has increased but that's it. If anything it is a more realistic story for it.

But the question isn't if relationships are prominent or important to the story, it's if they are part of the story.
    Yes, it is whether they are important or prominent. Not sure why you think otherwise. Anything that isn't important or prominent can be changed with little impact.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

It's not that they are super impactful it's that wow has always had a ton of relationship stuff and it even takes senator stage from time to time, and no it's not just 4 those are just the most notable ones with big named characters.

off the top of my head there's.

mankrik and his wife
    Kalecgos and Anveena
    Lor'themar and Liadrin
    Kael'thas and Jaina
    Draka and Durotan
    Ner'zhul and Rulkan
    Sylvanas and Nathanos
    Vereesa and Rhonin
    Alleria and Turalyon

all of theses characters have pretty major story beats based around there relationships and all of them are big players one way or another (other then mankrik) and there are likely tons of other relationships both major and minor through out wow or characters who are defined about losing one half of there relationship.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

the dragon races are more fun than i expected
    they arent insanely difficult but that feeling from even just improving your time by .039 seconds is so good

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    the dragon races are more fun than i expected
    they arent insanely difficult but that feeling from even just improving your time by .039 seconds is so good
    The instability and the lag because of the region difference keep me from spending more time with them but they are indeed fun.

The instability and the lag because of the region difference keep me from spending more time with them but they are indeed fun.
    i have crashed like 10 times today alone but the bug reports are worth getting the achievements thinking i only got silver just to see the gold acheev pop up later

So here is one thing I found fairly problematic after playing the last three expansions. Dragonflight does not scale the zones while leveling. I did campaign only, did the Bronze Oathstone at lvl 68 and then I thought I might backtrack to do some sidequests. All sidequests in the first two zones were worth practically no xp because they had greyed out. I thought we were past that . . .

Also this is probably a bug but leveling dungeons don't have scaling ilvl for their loot; it seems it always drops at max normal dungeon ilvl.

It's not that they are super impactful it's that wow has always had a ton of relationship stuff and it even takes senator stage from time to time, and no it's not just 4 those are just the most notable ones with big named characters.

off the top of my head there's.

mankrik and his wife
    Kalecgos and Anveena
    Lor'themar and Liadrin
    Kael'thas and Jaina
    Draka and Durotan
    Ner'zhul and Rulkan
    Sylvanas and Nathanos
    Vereesa and Rhonin
    Alleria and Turalyon

all of theses characters have pretty major story beats based around there relationships and all of them are big players one way or another (other then mankrik) and there are likely tons of other relationships both major and minor through out wow or characters who are defined about losing one half of there relationship.
    It's Lor'themar and Thalyssra (the Nightborne leader), not Liadrin. They're actually going to be married as of Dragonflight too, and I think they've said there will be a short story coming about their wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post
    It's Lor'themar and Thalyssra (the Nightborne leader), not Liadrin. They're actually going to be married as of Dragonflight too, and I think they've said there will be a short story coming about their wedding.
    It was Lor'themar and Liadrin for a while but then Blizzard dropped that plot and moved to Thalyssra.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post
    Some people shipped Liadrin and Lorthemar (or maybe there was a love triangle if you include Gallel) in an old story. I think they were good friends.

It's not that they are super impactful it's that wow has always had a ton of relationship stuff
    You keep saying that and you keep failing to realise that you're only bringing up a tiny fraction of the story. There's no "ton" of relationship stuff unless you consider the entirety of lore to be in the gigaton range.