Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Going through intro quest made me feel like I was starting some side quest, which is a big change of pace comparing to what we are used to. On one hand it feels refreshing but on the other it kinda leaves that feeling that whatever we are doing here is kinda unimportant.
    I think that's kinda the point. We're not going on some grand adventure to save whathaveyou, we're just moseying over to help out some friends with housekeeping.

All the better to escalate things later.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post
    It's Lor'themar and Thalyssra (the Nightborne leader), not Liadrin. They're actually going to be married as of Dragonflight too, and I think they've said there will be a short story coming about their wedding.
    Used to be liadrin I think blizzard made a fanfic about them canon in tbc or wrath. Guess they didn’t like it in retrospect so threw that plot line away.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Used to be liadrin I think blizzard made a fanfic about them canon in tbc or wrath. Guess they didn’t like it in retrospect so threw that plot line away.
    Meh, I'd prefer Liadrin to be honest.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You keep saying that and you keep failing to realise that you're only bringing up a tiny fraction of the story. There's no "ton" of relationship stuff unless you consider the entirety of lore to be in the gigaton range.
    Like half if not more of the major characters throughout wow have there story’s tied directly to there relationships in one way or another to the point where you’d have to completely rewrite a fair chuck of them if you take away said relationships.

Avenging, trying to save, following into danger, or being tricked because of one’s love is a key part of wow lore and always Has been kicking off events like introducing the legion to the orcs, brining thrall to Azeroth, thrall taking down Blackmore, How Varian handled the stone cutters and onxyia taking over storm wind, the rebirth of the sunwell, the purge of dalaran, and on and on and on.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Anyone not subbed got into beta ?
    12/12

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Meh, I'd prefer Liadrin to be honest.
    You know, people usually have more than one love interest in their live.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    You know, people usually have more than one love interest in their live.
    It's a somewhat rare incidence in the Warcraft universe if you think about it. Varian-Tiffin, Durotan-Draka, Rhonin-Vereesa, Turalyon-Alleria... off the top of my head I can't think of a major character that had multiple romantic interests other than Jaina who had two... or three if her interest in Thrall is canon.

Honestly I'd love to see if the Titans KNEW about the First Ones. Given their level of power, the length of time they were active, the fact that they could pretty much bend how the other forces work (e.g. Emerald Dream) and their focus on exploration and knowledge, I would expect them to have at least found out partly about them or even fully know they existed, they are gone, it's their playground now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caiphon View Post
    It's a somewhat rare incidence in the Warcraft universe if you think about it. Varian-Tiffin, Durotan-Draka, Rhonin-Vereesa, Turalyon-Alleria... off the top of my head I can't think of a major character that had multiple romantic interests other than Jaina who had two... or three if her interest in Thrall is canon.
    Jaina had Arthas and Kalecgos. Thrall would be an interesting case with Taretha but I think Taretha was more like his older sister than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    There are a few you are probably better off leaving until you are almost done I guess
    I think you're fine just picking up the ones in your zone when you get to it in your leveling journey tbh, at no point did quests in waking shores/plains feel like I needed the extra Vigor etc to be as efficient as possible moving between quests. Haven't reached the rest yet tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I'd love to see if the Titans KNEW about the First Ones. Given their level of power, the length of time they were active, the fact that they could pretty much bend how the other forces work (e.g. Emerald Dream) and their focus on exploration and knowledge, I would expect them to have at least found out partly about them or even fully know they existed, they are gone, it's their playground now.

- - - Updated - - -

Jaina had Arthas and Kalecgos. Thrall would be an interesting case with Taretha but I think Taretha was more like his older sister than anything else.
    Bleh don't even mention Kalecgos. That romance

just stop. I rather not deal with that again. But on a more...calmer note.

Maybe, maybe not if they aren't aware of the realm of Death. But if it was me First Ones would of birthed the concept of Titans(Children of the First ones then children of the Titans which is us sorta haha lol).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Bleh don't even mention Kalecgos. That romance

just stop. I rather not deal with that again. But on a more...calmer note.

Maybe, maybe not if they aren't aware of the realm of Death. But if it was me First Ones would of birthed the concept of Titans(Children of the First ones then children of the Titans which is us sorta haha lol).
    I think they will just never be mentioned again. The concept is just so stupid that the more you think on it the more plot holes it has. Hell if the universe was supposed to be robotic life why the hell is there a robot hell to start with.

There isn't even any notion that free will should exist much less that there be an afterlife based on it.

I think the First Ones just wanted to see how the Six Forces would interact. So Titans are pretty much the experiment; the interaction they wanted to observe. Alternatively, they are running away from something and they created this reality in a corner of the cosmos and died defending it (either actively or sacrificed themselves to shield it).

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Well, every Cosmic Pantheon basically embodies the force/influence they rule over. The First Ones are essentially their "parents" with the realms being their "rooms" or "apartments" and the Design being...well...the house lol

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing implies the First Ones are "dead". They may just be above the idea of Death itself. I doubt when making the Design, you yourself are prone to a force you basically made and balanced.
    The Sepulcher of the First Ones. Why would living things have a Sepulcher?

Don't forget that for most of them, we've only really seen a fairly small part of their life. They could easily have had other relationships at times we just haven't heard about because they aren't relevant to anything.

As for why I mention the Titans, while I expect it will be Elune blessing the Aspects in a lunar conjunction, I kind of hope we will reach out to the Pantheon. The entire story is about the Primals rejecting the work of the Titans well know we actually have access to them. Plus Golganneth never blessed a flight and I am hoping we will see two more flights enter the game in patch content, Nether and Storm, the latter of which is a great match for him (with Thrymjaris as Aspect?)

On the other hand, it's the place that makes the Afterlife. So it might be more symbolic. Of the First Ones would then just be because they build it. It doesn't feel much like a grave anyway.

Because its the place where they made the afterlives. As in "the dead go here." If they were dead they would be here, but they're not. But don't get me started on how this is "the Zereth of Death" but also the origin point of all living things because that doesn't make any sense... another point they did not fully think through.

Also, nothing really implies the First Ones HAVE to be "living". They could just...well...be! For they came first is my theory.
    I think the point is, it doesn't look like a place that is generating afterlives. It very much looks like a place that is prototyping mortal creatures and biomes.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Elune blessing the Aspects" Hmmm???
    The Aspects where originally blessed under an Embrace.
    We helped Kalecgos become the new Aspect in the latest one.
    The Oathstones alone don't work to empower the Aspects again.

So its likely that at one point Elune might force an Embrace and help empower them.

Formerly known as Arafal

It's not THE origin point of ALL living things. Again, multiple Zereths seem to exist. It's very possible this is just Blizzard wanting to milk WoW some more.
    Steve Danuser says exactly this *several times* during the Zereth Mortis reveal video. I mean, devs are constantly contradicting the lore & this will surely be retconned because he doesn't seem to think through the implications of introducing lore into the setting but he did say it.