Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Also, nothing really implies the First Ones HAVE to be "living". They could just...well...be! For they came first is my theory.
    I think the point is, it doesn't look like a place that is generating afterlives. It very much looks like a place that is prototyping mortal creatures and biomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    As for why I mention the Titans, while I expect it will be Elune blessing the Aspects in a lunar conjunction, I kind of hope we will reach out to the Pantheon. The entire story is about the Primals rejecting the work of the Titans well know we actually have access to them. Plus Golganneth never blessed a flight and I am hoping we will see two more flights enter the game in patch content, Nether and Storm, the latter of which is a great match for him (with Thrymjaris as Aspect?)
    "Elune blessing the Aspects" Hmmm???

- - - Updated - - -

I think the point is, it doesn't look like a place that is generating afterlives. It very much looks like a place that is prototyping mortal creatures and biomes.
    Because it's supposed to be a place full of mathematics, prototype designs etc of different things. It's behind the scenes from the Realms of Death and will look less like a Realm of Death as a result. The Forge of Afterlives is more holy than normal lol, and that's the point. It's a central piece of the pattern and one of the biggest factors for the Machine of Death.

- - - Updated - - -

You're right in that it is used for prototyping creatures...

That's the point. It's a workshop.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Elune blessing the Aspects" Hmmm???
    The Aspects where originally blessed under an Embrace.
    We helped Kalecgos become the new Aspect in the latest one.
    The Oathstones alone don't work to empower the Aspects again.

So its likely that at one point Elune might force an Embrace and help empower them.

Formerly known as Arafal

It's not THE origin point of ALL living things. Again, multiple Zereths seem to exist. It's very possible this is just Blizzard wanting to milk WoW some more.
    Steve Danuser says exactly this *several times* during the Zereth Mortis reveal video. I mean, devs are constantly contradicting the lore & this will surely be retconned because he doesn't seem to think through the implications of introducing lore into the setting but he did say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Steve Danuser says exactly this *several times* during the Zereth Mortis reveal video. I mean, devs are constantly contradicting the lore & this will surely be retconned because he doesn't seem to think through the implications of introducing lore into the setting but he did say it.
    That's just patch hype wording. The patch notes reworded it so that it showcases that Zereth Mortis and the Sepulcher in particular made all things in the Realms of Death.

But the machines used were also made for Reality, and the things we see there, and those things may also exist on other Zereths. For the realms and Zereths of Light, Order, Void, Disorder, Life, and...well...DEATH!

- - - Updated - - -

The Creation Catalysts especially were used to create Worlds and launch them across the Dark Beyond and seed life to every corner of existence.

- - - Updated - - -

SL and Zereth Mortis are basically a taste for things to come regarding the other cosmic realms and their zereths. To give us an idea and general understanding of what to expect going forward with these plots.

The Creation Catalysts especially were used to create Worlds and launch them across the Dark Beyond and seed life to every corner of existence.
    But shouldn't that be the job of Zereth Vitae???

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope, he nor any other dev in the dev-preview said anything of the sort.

In fact the very first thing they say about Zereth Mortis is that, and i quote:
    Zereth Mortis was created by the First Ones, and it is intended to create Afterlives.
    Which they then repeat in some fashion or another a dozen times throughout the damn video.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Bleh don't even mention Kalecgos. That romance

just stop. I rather not deal with that again. But on a more...calmer note.
    Jaina and Kalec is such a random silly thing. Jaina had Arthas as a romance interest, that was part of her story. They didn't need to another romance arc after that. People don't need to be in a relationship to be happy.

Never liked characters jumping from one romantic interested to another in stories. Kinda makes the previous one less important.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Jaina and Kalec is such a random silly thing. Jaina had Arthas as a romance interest, that was part of her story. They didn't need to another romance arc after that. People don't need to be in a relationship to be happy.

Never liked characters jumping from one romantic interested to another in stories. Kinda makes the previous one less important.
    Well, that's how people operate, and Arthas was an old story by that time.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Well, that's how people operate, and Arthas was an old story by that time.
    That's why I said in "stories". I just don't find it interesting storytelling. Besides, they don't have free will, they are just written that way. I'm just saying it didn't need to be written or part of her character development.

10+ Year Old Account
    Presumptious to assume people don't eventually find someone else. Jaina's not that kinda character either(NOt that this is the most important piece of WC lore right now >.>).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Presumptious to assume people don't eventually find someone else. Jaina's not that kinda character either(NOt that this is the most important piece of WC lore right now >.>).
    Ok but did it have to be a dragon? Also, that's not even what I meant! I'm talking about fictional characters. There's a difference!

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok but did it have to be a dragon? Also, that's not even what I meant! I'm talking about fictional characters. There's a difference!
    What's wrong with him being a dragon? He can always use his visage form which is as much part of himself as his dragon form. WoW dragons aren't GoT dragons ...

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    What's wrong with him being a dragon? He can always use his visage form which is as much part of himself as his dragon form. WoW dragons aren't GoT dragons ...
    Sure they are more vastly more "sentient", but they also use those forms to interact with mortals and make them feel more at ease than having to be in their dragon forms all the time. It's more of a "mask" than what they actually are. But I'm just wondering, why would a dragon even find attraction towards a humanoid?

Then again, this is Kalec we're talking about, not his first time doing something like this.

That's just patch hype wording. The patch notes reworded it so that it showcases that Zereth Mortis and the Sepulcher in particular made all things in the Realms of Death.

SL and Zereth Mortis are basically a taste for things to come regarding the other cosmic realms and their zereths. To give us an idea and general understanding of what to expect going forward with these plots.
    I will accept that all the zareths have automa, but I will point out that establishing that there are 6 automated robot-lands is the least interesting way they could have established a cosmic universe, pretty much hastening the inevitable addition of "Firstier Ones" above the First ones to give the setting a sense of existential mystery.

But shouldn't that be the job of Zereth Vitae???
    No. That Zereth works on whatever is in the Realms of Life

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure they are more vastly more "sentient", but they also use those forms to interact with mortals and make them feel more at ease than having to be in their dragon forms all the time. It's more of a "mask" than what they actually are. But I'm just wondering, why would a dragon even find attraction towards a humanoid?

Then again, this is Kalec we're talking about, not his first time doing something like this.
    No, it's made clear both in the (actually quite well written) visage form short story and ingame with the Dracthyr that the visage forms are an integral part of themself, not just some mask.

"Ebyssian said to look inside and let the magic within express how I wanted to be seen."

And why shouldn't a dragon who spends quite some time in his visage form not find attraction (or better said .... love?) towards a humanoid? Again, it's not like WoW dragons hate it to be in their visage forms or anything.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Though fundamentally, the Zereths DO share factors in that each of them build things for Reality.

- - - Updated - - -

So I guess you're not wrong. Each Zereth is fundamentally built around the pattern, they work as separate but together workshops.

7+ Year Old Account
    I will accept that all the zareths have automa, but I will point out that establishing that there are 6 automated robot-lands is the least interesting way they could have established a cosmic universe, pretty much hastening the inevitable addition of "Firstier Ones" above the First ones to give the setting a sense of existential mystery.
    Why? The existence of the First Ones gives the setting the "existential mystery" you want, and it was needed since Legion took exactly that away from the Titans. I'm quite sure we will see the other Zereths simply because they will be something people want to see - the hype will be on a scale of the Elemental Planes, Nyalotha or Nazjatar, but I somewhat doubt they will repeat the "mistake" from Legion again.

It's funny how you people seem to criticise exactly the thing you want lol.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Nope, he nor any other dev in the dev-preview said anything of the sort.

In fact the very first thing they say about Zereth Mortis is that, and i quote:

Which they then repeat in some fashion or another a dozen times throughout the damn video.
    An Additional Quote from that video:
    This is the land of progenators & this is their workshop: Where they created everything we experience in the Shadowlands & Azeroth; even realms we have yet to know.
    On a side note they also say 'We will learn more about Zereth Moris & The First Ones themselves over the course of this content" which isn't really true. We learned jack-shit about the First Ones, even if you do all the Enlightened content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    It's funny how you people seem to criticise exactly the thing you want lol.
    Its funny how you people just want to see the same content over & over but a different shade of green.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-09-26 at 08:09 PM.