Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Anyway, now that WotLK Classic is released, when do you think we'll get the Dragonflight release date?
    Assuming it's Oct 25th/Nov 28th I think full schedule (pre-patch, event/Evoker early access, launch, season 1) will be revealed within 3 weeks. Now is best time, hype for WoTLK is not that huge, but still more people are focused on WoW news this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You don't remember Falric and Marwyn? The voice lines alone make them very memorable. Honestly no one framed Arthas for story purposes better in the entire expac than those two and after the dungeon I ended up wishing they had shown up a lot more as Arthas left and right hands instead of using Arthas constantly.
    Some of the raid dungeon bosses are good, but seemingly the developers struggle with making that many unique boss concepts and areas.

Either we have an ICC situation where the dungeons are leftover assets and cutting room raid bosses.
    Or we have the End Time situation, where the good ideas are used up by the dungeons and the raid is severely lacking.

The concept of mega-dungeons seem to work much better. Allowing the developers to use a good idea that isn't quite right for a raid, without having to skimp on detail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    This definitely, and I always find that each expansion has a couple new unique mechanics to its raids or dungeons that then later appear more often in future.
    Example being I think the sword slice mechanic (cant remember exact name) on Denathrius appeared there first time and then a variation of it was used on the Nine.

But TBH with how old the game is im still surprised that they can come up with unique feeling encounters, since the boss isn't just about its abilities but also the room it is placed in
    Unique bosses using the actual arena is a bit of a rarity though. Stuff like Halondrus or G'huun is the kind of encounter that players really remember.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Some of the raid dungeon bosses are good, but seemingly the developers struggle with making that many unique boss concepts and areas.

Either we have an ICC situation where the dungeons are leftover assets and cutting room raid bosses.
    Or we have the End Time situation, where the good ideas are used up by the dungeons and the raid is severely lacking.

The concept of mega-dungeons seem to work much better. Allowing the developers to use a good idea that isn't quite right for a raid, without having to skimp on detail.

- - - Updated - - -

Unique bosses using the actual arena is a bit of a rarity though. Stuff like Halondrus or G'huun is the kind of encounter that players really remember.
    I would love to forget about both tbh ... horrible encounters, especially Halondrus Mythic pre-nerf.

*shudders*

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Assuming it's Oct 25th/Nov 28th I think full schedule (pre-patch, event/Evoker early access, launch, season 1) will be revealed within 3 weeks. Now is best time, hype for WoTLK is not that huge, but still more people are focused on WoW news this week.
    Idk...my buddy was in a almost 5k queue to be able to play yesterday. This wasn't one of the more popular servers either. I think there is definitely some nostalgia hype or hype from players who were never able to experience it when it came out originally.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't raid Halondrus but we killed G'Huun once and went 'fuck that, we're never coming back' so it was memorable, just not in the way you would want it to be.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

So, with WotLK Classic launch today, I expect the release date announcement towards the end of the week or next week. They basically can't wait any longer as the pre patch has to hit within the next 4 weeks. It's already long overdue to tell us the launch date.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    So do we think it’ll be like Legion where the early access to Evokers will be staggered and not live when pre patch launches? In Legion DH’s came 3 weeks into pre patch

https://www.wowhead.com/guide=7.0.3-pre-patch
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Yeah I think if we were going to mention boss encounters with dynamic use of the room, we would not go with G'huun, we'd go with BRF as a whole (Hans and Franz, Thogar, Blackhand) or for something recent maybe Painsmith.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe not to that extent, but it happens quite often. Shriekwing, Sludgefist and Lady Inerva in Nathria have interaction with the environment, Painsmith in SoD and such. The ones you mentioned are just walking that is the interaction (granted I don't have M experience with that tier), and carapace is similar. but what I'm saying is that it isn't such a rarity to integrate the environment to some extent and make the boss fight different.
    Best to do is think, "how would this boss be different if it was just on a flat platform? What mechanics would be missing?". Sure there are plenty of bosses like that (Nerzhul, Anduin, Denathrius, and so on) but there has been also a lot where the mechanics don't just come from the mobs in the encounter

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I think if we were going to mention boss encounters with dynamic use of the room, we would not go with G'huun, we'd go with BRF as a whole (Hans and Franz, Thogar, Blackhand) or for something recent maybe Painsmith.
    Yeah as i mentioned in my reply above the variety of room interactions can be answered in one question, how much does the fight change if it was in a flat platform without objects, just mobs?
    And each tier in SL had at least a few bosses that have interaction
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    we know nothing about the first ones only that it is POSSIBLE they were a pantheon style force
    i also dont think we will end up with cosmic elemental planes but there has been stuff since BfA talking about stuff happening in the elemental planes like a new firelord coming to power and the stuff from the island expeditions have been used constantly since their inception
    We know a lot about their workings and whatnot, but they're never called a Pantheon once, and it is implied that they exist above Godhood or anything akin to that. They are the Architects of Existence, and creators of the Pattern.

Also, why not? Cosmic Elemental exploration would be cool asf.

- - - Updated - - -

The elements exist everywhere, not just on Azeroth, so why not have there be mini home areas and MINI Zereths for them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    We know a lot about their workings and whatnot, but they're never called a Pantheon once, and it is implied that they exist above Godhood or anything akin to that. They are the Architects of Existence, and creators of the Pattern.

Also, why not? Cosmic Elemental exploration would be cool asf.

- - - Updated - - -

The elements exist everywhere, not just on Azeroth, so why not have there be mini home areas and MINI Zereths for them?
    I think the 4 elements (Fire, Air, Water, Earth) are exclusive to reality. But it would be interesting to see where they fit into reality as a whole. They have to have some kind of origin in reality, considering they appear to embrace all worlds in reality.

Unless they are somehow linked to Life as they are reliant of Spirit to function? (On Draenor - where Spirit was balanced and plentiful - they were peaceful; on Azeroth - where Spirit was in high demand due to the World Soul draining it to grow - the elements were chaotic).
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

7+ Year Old Account
    My thinking of the first ones is that they are not as much actual being as they might be a concept, like giving personality to a cosmic force and what they represent.

- - - Updated - - -

I still want further development of titans visiting Draenor and the old god trying to be summoned in Shadowmoon Valley on Outland. And then there is also one of the Invasion points in Legion where we se tentacles and other old god stuff.

Just because we have mostly dealt with the 4 on Azeroth doesn't mean we will never deal with them again.

If we're going to have a cosmic force expansion my #1 wish is to have it be located on K'aresh, since lore seems to be pointing to it being a titan soul that was devoured by the void and for all we know the manifestation of Dimensius that was killable might not mean he is actually dead.
    And K'aresh expansion would allow us to have a modern graphics Outland style continent

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    So, with WotLK Classic launch today, I expect the release date announcement towards the end of the week or next week. They basically can't wait any longer as the pre patch has to hit within the next 4 weeks. It's already long overdue to tell us the launch date.
    Tomorrow would be nice timing; exactly 2 months beforehand

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Tomorrow would be nice timing; exactly 2 months beforehand
    Feels weird that we haven't gotten the release date yet (usually we get it like half a year before), but I'm guessing since they didn't announce a delay to 2023 yet its going as planned. In reality if prepatch is 4 weeks long then they can also just announce it 5-6 weeks before hand with prepatch announcement, and those are usually only 1-2 weeks in advance.

My guess is that they probably did https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...re-mostly-dead 2 months before they plan on releasing prepatch.

I know of the supposed leak that got WotLK timing right, but things might've changed since that doc was created

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Shadowlands delay wounded someone's pride and they don't want to expose themselves again.

Feels weird that we haven't gotten the release date yet (usually we get it like half a year before), but I'm guessing since they didn't announce a delay to 2023 yet its going as planned. In reality if prepatch is 4 weeks long then they can also just announce it 5-6 weeks before hand with prepatch announcement, and those are usually only 1-2 weeks in advance.

My guess is that they probably did https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...re-mostly-dead 2 months before they plan on releasing prepatch.

I know of the supposed leak that got WotLK timing right, but things might've changed since that doc was created
    Wotlk was definintely more finalized at the point of the leak, but I can't see them delaying DF. 1 week delay wouldnt do much and one month delay (like SL), puts the date at 28-12 and I just dont see that happening with holidays and stuff. Then they would have to delay it to 2023, which breaks the on or before 31-12-2022 and I don't really know how that would work.

I mostly prefer the expansion to be ready tho and so far it seems far from it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Wotlk was definintely more finalized at the point of the leak, but I can't see them delaying DF. 1 week delay wouldnt do much and one month delay (like SL), puts the date at 28-12 and I just dont see that happening with holidays and stuff. Then they would have to delay it to 2023, which breaks the on or before 31-12-2022 and I don't really know how that would work.

I mostly prefer the expansion to be ready tho and so far it seems far from it.
    Isn't the on or before thingy basically that if it doesn't realease by then you can get a refund and cancel your prepurchase?

Also in which way does the expac seem far from ready that cant be done in the next 2 months?

Don't forget Zovaal. Without the arena, the fight would be over rather quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't the on or before thingy basically that if it doesn't realease by then you can get a refund and cancel your prepurchase?

Also in which way does the expac seem far from ready that cant be done in the next 2 months?
    People tend to way overestimate how long most bugfixes take. The hard part is figuring out what causes them, not how to get it to stop usually.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post

People tend to way overestimate how long most bugfixes take. The hard part is figuring out what causes them, not how to get it to stop usually.
    Oh the bane of my life as a developer.

But yeah from what I've seen on beta and their responses its pretty much tuning and bug fixing that has to happen, From the bugs I've seen at least while leveling (and there were a decent amount of random ones like mining/herb nodes in trees, getting achievements randomly from lvlup and such) it shouldn't take too long to do those.

As for tuning, well that is why they have the level 70 realm and will probably collect auto data from the raid test (and m+ in future) and tune based on that since they are scaling everyone to same ilvl, so really that is going together with instance testing. And based on previous expansions tuning will still continue throughout the expac start which is ok imo

Aren't you able to cancel and refund it right now anyway? There has to be more severe consequences, otherwise I don't see why its a thing they would ever have to disclose.

Some classes are far from ready. Some classes are great, but a few: Priest, druids and especially paladins for example have lots of work still to be done. Paladin for example has received 0 massive blog posts like the other classes. Only holy got a small post and a few 2 liners about why long arm should be removed and something about holy shield. Evoker, the flagship feature new class, is very unfinished , especially the healing spec. The design still has lots to be desired.

There is currently so many bugs that some classes haven't even been able to be tested for all of beta. Prot pala for example has around 40 major bugs that still are not fixed.

Raid testing will only be starting this week and the last bosses are scheduled for late october.

M+ testing still not out, which makes it real hard to test classes in a real environment.

The new UI is a fucking mess. 0 feedback or iteration has been done. Now everyone, including base UI users, are going to be forced to use addons. It is that shit. They have a grid, but not even a snapping function! You can't even resize the minimap that covers half your screen. Ugly simplified design. I could go on.

Oh yeah, professions. I almost forgot. Apart from the reveal there has been 0 iteration and not a single reply post to feedback.

While the content seems good in theory and it is nice to not have borrowed power anymore, expect to be beta testing on live during the first months. Expect several classes to be in the dumpster until at least 10.1. Expect dungeon imbalance (tuning wise) to be even more off the charts than Season 4 with the Karazhans. Etc.
    This expansion is far from ready.