The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post

Btw really hoping they do some more work on the UI changes before launch. They need to let us move around at least the bags and the leveling bar.
    I highly doubt they would not implement something along the lines of a snap-system for elements

I feel like Prepatch Date + Release Date are gonna be announced next week.

Wouldn't be this week as to not take away from Wrath Classic, and next week gives you one more full rotation for people to unlock the Teleports/finish the Fated Raids before Prepatch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    I highly doubt they would not implement something along the lines of a snap-system for elements
    I mean, you still don't have precise pixel movement for stuff. Just having to drag it and hope it looks good and even suuuucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I feel like Prepatch Date + Release Date are gonna be announced next week.

Wouldn't be this week as to not take away from Wrath Classic, and next week gives you one more full rotation for people to unlock the Teleports/finish the Fated Raids before Prepatch.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, you still don't have precise pixel movement for stuff. Just having to drag it and hope it looks good and even suuuucks.
    They could at least have a system to make it align to other UI elements. Imo we do need precision movement, the ability to link blocks (so you can move them together) and for everything to be available for editing; right now the quest/achievement tracking, bags, menu and xp/rep bars cannot be moved at all.

They could at least have a system to make it align to other UI elements. Imo we do need precision movement, the ability to link blocks (so you can move them together) and for everything to be available for editing; right now the quest/achievement tracking, bags, menu and xp/rep bars cannot be moved at all.
    Yeah, it's a great start, but the way it is right now, I'll still use my old UI addons.

Trying to make two ability bars align is soooooooo annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Yeah, it's a great start, but the way it is right now, I'll still use my old UI addons.

Trying to make two ability bars align is soooooooo annoying.
    I kind of hope we might get addons that build on Edit Mode. Because when it comes to ease of use, it really is solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Evoker for other races was just a red herring to not have to give the final "no".
    I doubt they even meant "other races", more likely there'll be more Visage body types to represent other mortal races.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Unless they magically update the PTR/beta client with "here's a ton more of the UI revamp we've been holding out on" within the next couple of weeks, something tells me it'll ship in pre-patch "as is". I see a lot of big wish lists for the UI on the beta/PTR forums, but based on Blizzard's M.O., you just know that most of the requests will never be filled. They're going to do the bare minimum of a revamp, and call it good.

A snap feature seems like something you'd do right off the bat. Same with resizing individual elements instead of relying on the UI scale slider to handle it. Element fading is another; in Bartender, I have the micro menu faded out completely off in a corner, for example, but pops right in when I mouseover it.

I mean, they have a template in FF14's UI edit mode. Is that one overly granular for "normal" players? Maybe. But the options are THERE, and all they had to do is copy it. With Blizzard, though, we've come to understand that for every inch they give, they require a foot in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I doubt they even meant "other races", more likely there'll be more Visage body types to represent other mortal races.
    I mean Evoker even has talents that augment Dracthyr racials instead of Evoker abilities. The class is very much tied to the race. But more visage options should be possible down the line.

Personally I am far more interested in Dracthyr getting more classes. I'd switch my warrior to Dracthyr yesterday.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    Unless they magically update the PTR/beta client with "here's a ton more of the UI revamp we've been holding out on" within the next couple of weeks, something tells me it'll ship in pre-patch "as is". I see a lot of big wish lists for the UI on the beta/PTR forums, but based on Blizzard's M.O., you just know that most of the requests will never be filled. They're going to do the bare minimum of a revamp, and call it good.

A snap feature seems like something you'd do right off the bat. Same with resizing individual elements instead of relying on the UI scale slider to handle it. Element fading is another; in Bartender, I have the micro menu faded out completely off in a corner, for example, but pops right in when I mouseover it.

I mean, they have a template in FF14's UI edit mode. Is that one overly granular for "normal" players? Maybe. But the options are THERE, and all they had to do is copy it. With Blizzard, though, we've come to understand that for every inch they give, they require a foot in return.
    Yeah I don't really expect them to add anything at this point. My wishlist would probably most go to addon makers. UI addons can be a bit daunting to use. If we had some solid UI addons that worked to augment edit mode though, I think they'd be much easier to use.

I mean Evoker even has talents that augment Dracthyr racials instead of Evoker abilities. The class is very much tied to the race. But more visage options should be possible down the line.

Personally I am far more interested in Dracthyr getting more classes. I'd switch my warrior to Dracthyr yesterday.
    I really don't think Dracthyr will ever get non-magic classes as they don't fulfill the fantasy Blizzard is imagining for them. Dracthyr are spellcasters, which only leaves the three light classes. And I don't expect Blizzard to give Dracthyr melee animations. They already have casting animations, so Priest, Warlock and Mage are easy. If we'll ever get more classes for them, I'm pretty sure it'll be just these three.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    I really don't think Dracthyr will ever get non-magic classes as they don't fulfill the fantasy Blizzard is imagining for them.
    They are magically engineered lizard soldiers, physical combat is very much in their repertoire.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They are magically engineered lizard soldiers, physical combat is very much in their repertoire.
    And this is based on what exactly? Because the Dracthyr (Evoker) class fantasy is clearly centered around magic and not "real" hand-to-hand combat. The only thing where they are using their physical appearance in combat is when they're using their wings (and their tail, which is more of an afterthought though).
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-09-28 at 09:43 AM.

I fail to see the connection. Soldier doesn't mean that somebody engages in physical combat. It means they are being paid for their work and that work being military in nature.

And this is based on what exactly? Because the Dracthyr (Evoker) class fantasy is clearly centered around magic and not "real" hand-to-hand combat. The only thing where they are using their physical appearance in combat is when they're using their wings (and their tail, which is more of an afterthought though).
    I mean if they were engineered to just be casters, shouldn't their forms be far smaller to make them more mobile, harder to target, easier to hide?

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I recon based on how popular the Dracthyr will be, they will add new classes for them.

Do remember that some new (allied) races are not that popular, so it'd be smart to test the waters first.

EG: Zandalari and Void Elf are really popular, even more so than classic races such as Dwarves or Gnomes. But if it were as popular as Kul Tiran or Mechagnome, with less than a percentage of the playerbase playing them, it'd be a waste of resources to get them to play other classes.

That being said.. one can argue that the Dracthyr aren't played enough because of the Evoker-class, as this is also a factor that weighs in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hypothetically...

Would you folks rather have Druids/Paladins/Shamans available to all races on DF release with rogues/priests/mages and have the default forms/mounts/totems of another race within the faction (night elf druid forms and ironforge dwarf totems for example for Alliance) until Blizzard makes race appropriate assets

Or

Have them release when the race appropriate assets are ready but we dont know how long that will be?

No idea what's going on with Warlocks but assuming they are doing race cosmetics for some races like night elves, draenei, etc. we'll add Warlocks to the question too.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Evoker is not meant to be played by other races now.
    You have to have wings to play it.
    Imagine a mechagnome casting Dream Flight or Lay Waste ? Everything will be wrong with anoter race

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Hypothetically...

Would you folks rather have Druids/Paladins/Shamans available to all races on DF release with rogues/priests/mages and have the default forms/mounts/totems of another race within the faction (night elf druid forms and ironforge dwarf totems for example for Alliance) until Blizzard makes race appropriate assets

Or

Have them release when the race appropriate assets are ready but we dont know how long that will be?

No idea what's going on with Warlocks but assuming they are doing race cosmetics for some races like night elves, draenei, etc. we'll add Warlocks to the question too.
    Surely there should be an option to have the classes available right away, with extra options added later down the line.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Evoker is not meant to be played by other races now.
    You have to have wings to play it.
    Imagine a mechagnome casting Dream Flight or Lay Waste ? Everything will be wrong with anoter race
    Yeah that's probably why most people are leaning on more Visage forms being added instead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because the Dracthyr (Evoker) class fantasy is clearly centered around magic
    The Dracthyr race fantasy is about being an abandoned military experiment, engineered by Deathwing.
    Each of them having different talents and expertise in different fields, hence the multiple Weyrns that exist.
    There is literally a whole Weyrn that is described as a tank.

The Evoker class fantasy is being an exceptional Dracthyr that has gained access to all 5 Aspect powers.
    They are the exception, not the rule.

There is nothing stopping a more handsy, down to earth, not-in-magic-interested Dracthyr from picking up a sword or axe and becoming a simple Warrior.

Formerly known as Arafal

I mean if they were engineered to just be casters, shouldn't their forms be far smaller to make them more mobile, harder to target, easier to hide?
    I mean, this is Blizzard's design for them. Wasn't the lack of a tank spec not even based on an argument that Dracthyr are spellcasters / magic users and basically just that and not melee combatants? I think that was one of the reasons they gave for why Evoker doesn't have a tank spec.

- - - Updated - - -

There is nothing stopping a more handsy, down to earth, not-in-magic-interested Dracthyr from picking up a sword or axe and becoming a simple Warrior.
    That's true, nothing but Blizzard I guess. I just don't see it happen, which is my personal take. If we'll ever get more classes for Dracthyr (which I doubt), spellcasters make the most sense because they would require the least amount of work.