I'm pretty sure these tier set bonuses are not something for "the first tier", but the usual bland set bonuses for the near future. Why? Because talent trees limit the options what they can do with tier sets. So they need to use the most obvious talent choices everybody is going to take that no one is left out. This is the counterpart to the open design of talent trees, bonuses must be centered around core skills or the upper part of the talent tree.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    If you dont raid it takes 4 weeks after the catalyst is open, which usually opens in week 8. With larger roster or pugging, it can take a massive amount of time to have 4/4 heroic or 4/4 mythic set and with tiered ilevel, could mean even longer as ppl would be less willing to trade higher ilevel as progression goes on.
    We still don't know if dungeons get a different bonus or not

Calm your tits

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    I don't agree on the ilvl restrictions, what if I had a 250 ilvl chest and a 245 ilvl tier chest dropped? Yes it's a lower ilvl but that might make my 2 or 4 set bonus which would be a DPS gain so it'd be reasonable to 'need' it imo
    Well creation catalyst solves that problem

Quote Originally Posted by Arkura View Post
    Well creation catalyst solves that problem
    Along with the removal those pointless restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    We still don't know if dungeons get a different bonus or not

Calm your tits
    I am going to make a wild prediction and say that the vault will work like it did in season 4. Any drop in the vault has a chance to be an equivalent ilvl tier piece, which would mean that while a pure M+ player will have a harder time gaining the 4-set without the catalyst, it's certainly fully possible.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Well Beta is extremely buggy, I have dropped quite a few bug reports and I have also left a fair bit of feedback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Well Beta is extremely buggy, I have dropped quite a few bug reports and I have also left a fair bit of feedback.
    How's the Evoker class?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    How's the Evoker class?
    I've only looked at it for a few min and didn't try the game paly but the spell effects are rather amazing looking, Ill likely do the starting area tomorrow to see how the gameplay is like.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I've only looked at it for a few min and didn't try the game paly but the spell effects are rather amazing looking, Ill likely do the starting area tomorrow to see how the gameplay is like.
    Really? I felt they were not flashy enough for a hero class. Only deep breath is flashy and it's such a clunky ability that it doesn't matter much to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Really? I felt they were not flashy enough for a hero class. Only deep breath is flashy and it's such a clunky ability that it doesn't matter much to me.
    Defo more flashy than DK's/DH's ever been.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I've just been running around blasting wild life so not all of the spells are getting full animations off but things like eternity surge, pyre, landslize, deep breath and emerald blossom all looked pretty cool, and are pretty far above the other hero classes in terms of flash.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    How's the Evoker class?
    It's fun! But the empower spells need to get used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I am going to make a wild prediction and say that the vault will work like it did in season 4. Any drop in the vault has a chance to be an equivalent ilvl tier piece, which would mean that while a pure M+ player will have a harder time gaining the 4-set without the catalyst, it's certainly fully possible.
    Didn't they mention a possibility of dungeon sets in some interview

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Catalyst system was created for those unlucky, still missing final piece, and as a catchup for alts.
    Dont think there was ever a post saying catalyst was for those you listed, if anything it was because there was a lot of complaints that m+ players cant get tier without raiding.

I don't suppose the new drake running animations are being retroactively applied to all dragon/drake like mounts? It's really good and they were due for an update.
    Also hoping for the WotLK Classic mount to be usable as a skin for dragonriding. It would feel a bit weird to have all these old (and recent) dragon mounts and have them not be incorporated into the system somehow.

Dont think there was ever a post saying catalyst was for those you listed, if anything it was because there was a lot of complaints that m+ players cant get tier without raiding.
    There was. The primary fix for M+ players is tier dropping in the weekly vault.

7+ Year Old Account
    There was an explicit "to help with unlucky tier drops" post when they introduced the system. No one really cares about M+ andy who demands tier set w/o every stepping foot in raids. They should be really grateful this system exists, even if they have to wait. Few years ago they would have zero ways of getting tier set.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-10-01 at 08:27 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Didn't they mention a possibility of dungeon sets in some interview
    They might have, but given we have not seen any indication of that they either didn't go for it, or are considering it for later patches or expansions.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Are y'all planning to give your Evoker names based on Dragonflight naming rules, e.g. if your Evoker is a "red" dragon his/her name will end with asz / asza etc.?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Are y'all planning to give your Evoker names based on Dragonflight naming rules, e.g. if your Evoker is a "red" dragon his/her name will end with asz / asza etc.?
    My will be named xXDe@thwing420Xx. Or Jerry, if that one is taken.