Quote Originally Posted by Izkatu View Post
    Anyone know if evoker tier set will be visible in dragonform , i think they said yes but still missing on beta right?
    Yeah Evoker armour seems bugged, took mine to the barber shop and half the options were not available to me. It’d be silly if tier sets weren’t visible, it wouldn’t feel special collecting them if they weren’t
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

7+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know if evoker tier set will be visible in dragonform , i think they said yes but still missing on beta right?
    It won't, nothing is visible outside of your visage form except for shoulderpads and belt.

Formerly known as Arafal

They implied that it would in early interviews but I've never seen any explicit confirmation (I think they said that "they could do more" with sets designed specifically for Evokers when initially revealing that most slots would be hidden for normal gear).

I'm not really optimistic about it coming this late into beta, but hopefully it does.

Only shoulder and belt.

I hope they fix that. i really want to play a evoker looks cool and tier too , i just want 3d piece of chest and helm will be sick

I still don't understand why the transformation wasn't just designed as a CD like meta

Does anyone know the location of the beta servers? I want to try connecting to a VPN to lower my ms as I'm from EU, and I'm just wondering which state would be best.

I hope they fix that. i really want to play a evoker looks cool and tier too , i just want 3d piece of chest and helm will be sick
    There's nothing broken there. It's an intention design choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mrhUK View Post
    Does anyone know the location of the beta servers? I want to try connecting to a VPN to lower my ms as I'm from EU, and I'm just wondering which state would be best.
    They're in America. A VPN will just make your latency go higher by introducing extra steps since the delay is mostly due to distance.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Oh, ok. Nice to meet you. Thats a rare occassion. You know, most of his players leave two months after expac start.

Most of his potential players could be casual gamers, if they actually had endgame gameplay. Currently, Hazzikostas only caters to his alikes in endgame. Which means, there is only endgame progression for premade group players. Rated PVP. M+ and premade group raids. And no, i do not include the welfare epics from world content into gearing progression, as you simply do not need the gear for anything.

Well, they simply level up to endgame level and leave then. Seems many see leveling as gameplay which is worth to buy an expac for. They just quit after they are done after they discovered there is nothing they could play as endgame, which gives an ongoing progression for their habits. Means gameplay outside of premade groups as like guilds. Way too much commitment for a typical casual gamer.
    Oh, you are a bellural enjoyer. Fits perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think there are solutions to this, they just require a lot more effort from Blizzard.

First, OpenRaid should have been part of the game UI. PuGing a raid is not in any way elegant and while someone can on the fly spend 30-40 minutes in an activity, many people need to schedule for 3-4 hours. Wasting far more than that to build the raid is horrible. Having a tool to schedule a raid ahead of time to a time that suits you so that when the time comes you can have the group ready within 10-15 minutes would get so many more people involved.

Second, raid design should help make raids easier to experience in smaller and distinct chunks. LFR does this already for the raids; you can pick a specific part with specific bosses, there is usually a capstone in rewards at the end (LFR wing endbosses corresponding to tier bosses). This should be something easier to schedule and communicate for PuG leaders and it seems the reward system in DF is built for that; e.g. less running Castle Nathria, more running Leeching Vaults.

Third and alternatively, design more and smaller raids. Instead of one raid with 10-12 bosses, two raids with 4-6 bosses (and a third with 1-2). Give us similar number of encounters but more environments. Less bosses who are filler in the story. Yes, probably would mean more art reuse but as long as each tier has some new art, the World art already is strong enough to carry themes and raids.
    i sign your first statement with my blood, because i agree 100% and this is, were A LOT of the problems lies. Blizz just quickly did some shitty tools, and no concept, and go like „community shall figure it out by their own“. the result is some barebones, halfassed tools without straight concepts. solely there to even make it possible to pug raid. but in reality it’s horrible crap and the pure hell. it’s like someone going like „look, we have this feature/niche too, you can raid and have fun here“ and then go like „here are your barebone tools, have fun with a horrible experience. thx for your sub.“

Blizzard had 17 years to improve the environment, the concept and the tools. and they invested NOTHING. because we idiots pay them, even for cheap shit crap, anyway. and now we have the modern pug raiding experience in game. yes, that feels like … tada … cheap shit crap. maybe we just got what we deserved
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-10-10 at 04:30 AM.

Nothing to fix since they were designed to work like that. It does suck but it's not a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The mounts are tied to achievements, and copying characters over overwrites them.
    You're right but it's copying "account data" that nukes it, not characters. Been copying over characters all over without having my achievs etc overwritten.

Edit:
    Yeah I also think it's a huge missed opportunity with the tier set. Only having belt buckle and shoulderpads looks really, REALLY dumb but the set is also "primal" in design and just flat out doesn't work with any of the barber shop armour (I really, really tried). The barber shop armour is refined and "elegant" and clashes colour-wise as well.
    Last edited by Gigantique; 2022-10-10 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    You're right but it's copying "account data" that nukes it, not characters. Been copying over characters all over without having my achievs etc overwritten.
    Aha so the real reason I got my dragonriding nuked is because I copied over transmogs after grabbing Black Velvet dress in retail to try an Elvira transmog on a throwaway Forsaken Warlock. Fitting.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I love all "it would require more effort" or "devs are too lazy" comments. I always imagine Ion going to office 5 hours late and telling people: "guys, why are you still working? let's party!"

I don't get why people can so be so much detached from reality. These guys are in constant time pressure and won't fix all your issues instantly. Especially when people change minds (for sure priorities what is #1 issue) every few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I love all "it would require more effort" or "devs are too lazy" comments. I always imagine Ion going to office 5 hours late and telling people: "guys, why are you still working? let's party!"

I don't get why people can so be so much detached from reality. These guys are in constant time pressure and won't fix all your issues instantly. Especially when people change minds (for sure priorities what is #1 issue) every few months.
    The problem Is that this class is one of the big new features that they hope will draw people to play again, how your character looks is really important to a lot of people. If time was an issue then they should have maybe made it a priority? Sadly we’ve ended up with something that looks ridiculous as seen in Wowheads preview of their tier sets …

Last edited by Avikur; 2022-10-10 at 06:35 AM.
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

10+ Year Old Account
    They tested limited transmoggability with Mechagnomes and with Dracthyr they tuned it up to 12.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post

Place 4 in boss damage. They are in the middle in aoe situations.
    i am not sure, if you even know what your screenshot means.

- you set mythic raid
    - you set fated raid
    - you set 95 percentile

it is as representative for your argument, as a young, white Adolf Hitler is for #blacklivesmatter.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-10-10 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    The problem Is that this class is one of the big new features that they hope will draw people to play again, how your character looks is really important to a lot of people. If time was an issue then they should have maybe made it a priority? Sadly we’ve ended up with something that looks ridiculous as seen in Wowheads preview of their tier sets …

feels like a missed opportunity to not have them decked out in armor, only showing like 2 pieces i rather they had none because imo it just looks bad as it is.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    feels like a missed opportunity to not have them decked out in armor, only showing like 2 pieces i rather they had none because imo it just looks bad as it is.
    Tbh it could be solved if the armor choices you got for Dracthyr during customization were better. And they are not bad. It's just that
    a) They really should have had far more options when it came to color. They have only one option with contrasting colors which imo is the best looking one (gold and red), while most of the other color combos are just not nearly as good. There should be more options there both in armor style (with far too many armor pieces looking clearly decorative instead of protective) and more contrasting colors or single colors with stronger accents instead of two saturated options. In particular there should be a black and red and a silver and blue (For Horde and Alliance respectively). Plus ofc matching jewelry color combos.

Like, this is my Horde Dracthyr: https://www.wowhead.com/beta/dressin...287mUcO8znV87R Don't tell me the armor looks boring. You just need to accent what they already get with strong shoulder and belt options. WoWhead really went with one of the most unflattering looks they could with that poor lizard.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-10-10 at 08:35 AM.

A bit late, but wow, tier sets on Dracthyr look terrible. The tier set in visage looks pretty neat, but what the heck is going on in Dracthyr form? Why am I looking like Tarzan, wearing that loincloth or whatever that thing covering my crotch is? And this is what I look like in combat / most of the time? Sorry, this is so incredibly ugly. Blizzard completely dropped the ball designing this class, from visuals (spells look great though) to class design to all of its shortcomings and limitations. Evoker will be less popular than Monk after the first months, which says a lot about of how out of touch they are with the community. Reviews for the class from a M+ and Mythic raid testers are mostly negative, too. And Dragonflight is launching in 1.5 months. The big selling point eventually will be the biggest flop at launch, it's mind-boggling. So many cool ideas and all of it wasted.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-10-10 at 08:52 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again