Guys.... wheres the pre patch event? Is there none this time around?

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    No chance in .... there is no MAJOR event for Pre-Patch. We already know about "elemental invasions" existing AND we need some form of bridge between SL and DF. Playing the story on Beta from beginning makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Or maybe they've shortened the login screen music because we only spend 15sec on it.
    Ehhh...I guess...

- - - Updated - - -

The only login music that is short like this is the Classic WoW one. Could be a similar case here I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    No chance in .... there is no MAJOR event for Pre-Patch. We already know about "elemental invasions" existing AND we need some form of bridge between SL and DF. Playing the story on Beta from beginning makes no sense.
    Plus the dungeon being available

The login music sounds very digital. Not a big fan.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Plus the dungeon being available
    I haven't spoiled myself with regard to the Dragonflight story. I have beta, but I literally have only tested Dragonriding and some dummy testing in Orgrimmar (either lowering my sound for dialogue, ignoring quest text, or skipping cutscenes to unlock dragonriding).

Now, what I can say is that it makes no sense to log in and get a quest for the Dragon Isles with no preamble. So, I can't imagine we won't get some juicy story stuff between Evoker starting zone (which I haven't done) and the pre-patch story quests to bridge the gap. The 9.2.5 stuff was nice, but it doesn't do much for introducing the Dragon Isles (minus MAYBE the line between Ysera and Tyrande). Lastly, we have the Elemental invasions datamined (which points to the Primalists attacking, maybe)? Also, there's a time skip so would love to see some stuff in pre-patch for that.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, If its not a placeholder, I'm very dissapointed with the music, they went really lazy this time.
    It sound very fake to me and, like it was made... just to be there.

The Dragonflight parts sound much better and more orchestrated in the cinematic
    Last edited by Lazarel; 2022-10-11 at 11:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    precisely.
    Wrath Classic prepatch had Death Knights from day one.

So that's one expansion with delayed prepatch class launch and one with instant prepatch class launch. We're at 50-50.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    The login music sounds very digital. Not a big fan.
    That's why i'm thinking it's placeholder. It sounds like they are using a mockup/demo version that's done digitally until they can implement the final version after they have recorded it. They did this in Shadowlands Alpha for Bastion, they had like 4 of those sampled/mockup tracks play in the zone, they were the only tracks we had from Shadowlands for like 5 months, and then when the beta music build came out we got the final versions of those tracks with actual recordings of musicians and bunch more versions.
    You can search "Xaxas unreleased version" on Youtube and see what i'm talking about with the "mockup", just an example.
    Last edited by Stabhar; 2022-10-12 at 02:54 PM.

1+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I would prefer that they didn't test the invasions/story stuff on PTR not to spoil it.

Personally, I would prefer that they didn't test the invasions/story stuff on PTR not to spoil it.
    I hope that is the case...

We already know there's going to be a two week pre-event. Might be they don't want to spoil it, though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    We already know there's going to be a two week pre-event. Might be they don't want to spoil it, though.
    Its probably going to be longer than two weeks, my guess is it will happen the week after the seasons end (so about 4 week total that it lasts, 3 weeks from now)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

only ptr build so far, no beta or is the same as beta??

7+ Year Old Account
    only ptr build so far, no beta or is the same as beta??
    Beta servers are offline atm (for me at least) but nothing has been pushed yet. Probably gonna be same build. Hope they fix the annoying WQ bug
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

So you want it to launch in an extremely broken state then

If ppl want to avoid spoilers for a patch two weeks away I think it is pretty easy

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    So you want it to launch in an extremely broken state then

If ppl want to avoid spoilers for a patch two weeks away I think it is pretty easy
    Tbh I think the prepatch event will just be a copy paste of the elemental invasions on beta right now except using a different currency on different zones.
    Maybe a world boss elemental lord dude in each zone too.

From what I’m seeing of the elemental invasions it’s doable. Just atmospheric effects and buffs placed on NPCs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Beta servers are offline atm (for me at least) but nothing has been pushed yet. Probably gonna be same build. Hope they fix the annoying WQ bug
    And then gear gives the ui bug

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Tbh I think the prepatch event will just be a copy paste of the elemental invasions on beta right now except using a different currency on different zones.
    Maybe a world boss elemental lord dude in each zone too.

From what I’m seeing of the elemental invasions it’s doable. Just atmospheric effects and buffs placed on NPCs.
    They still have things to test because as has always been the case...blizz qa is not as useful as ptr

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Hope not, Evoker needs to be release at the same time as prepatch
    nope.. has to happen about 2 weeks before launch which would be the 15th
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarel View Post
    Well, If its not a placeholder, I'm very dissapointed with the music, they went really lazy this time.
    It sound very fake to me and, like it was made... just to be there.

The Dragonflight parts sound much better and more orchestrated in the cinematic
    It's a current trend with film/tv and games, more computer editing and less orchestra. Doesn't help that their music department got budget cuts.