1+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I would prefer that they didn't test the invasions/story stuff on PTR not to spoil it.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Personally, I would prefer that they didn't test the invasions/story stuff on PTR not to spoil it.
    I hope that is the case...

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Guys.... wheres the pre patch event? Is there none this time around?
    We already know there's going to be a two week pre-event. Might be they don't want to spoil it, though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    We already know there's going to be a two week pre-event. Might be they don't want to spoil it, though.
    Its probably going to be longer than two weeks, my guess is it will happen the week after the seasons end (so about 4 week total that it lasts, 3 weeks from now)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

only ptr build so far, no beta or is the same as beta??

7+ Year Old Account
    only ptr build so far, no beta or is the same as beta??
    Beta servers are offline atm (for me at least) but nothing has been pushed yet. Probably gonna be same build. Hope they fix the annoying WQ bug
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

So you want it to launch in an extremely broken state then

If ppl want to avoid spoilers for a patch two weeks away I think it is pretty easy

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post

If ppl want to avoid spoilers for a patch two weeks away I think it is pretty easy
    Tbh I think the prepatch event will just be a copy paste of the elemental invasions on beta right now except using a different currency on different zones.
    Maybe a world boss elemental lord dude in each zone too.

From what I’m seeing of the elemental invasions it’s doable. Just atmospheric effects and buffs placed on NPCs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Beta servers are offline atm (for me at least) but nothing has been pushed yet. Probably gonna be same build. Hope they fix the annoying WQ bug
    And then gear gives the ui bug

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Tbh I think the prepatch event will just be a copy paste of the elemental invasions on beta right now except using a different currency on different zones.
    Maybe a world boss elemental lord dude in each zone too.

From what I’m seeing of the elemental invasions it’s doable. Just atmospheric effects and buffs placed on NPCs.
    They still have things to test because as has always been the case...blizz qa is not as useful as ptr

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Hope not, Evoker needs to be release at the same time as prepatch
    nope.. has to happen about 2 weeks before launch which would be the 15th
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarel View Post
    Well, If its not a placeholder, I'm very dissapointed with the music, they went really lazy this time.
    It sound very fake to me and, like it was made... just to be there.

The Dragonflight parts sound much better and more orchestrated in the cinematic
    It's a current trend with film/tv and games, more computer editing and less orchestra. Doesn't help that their music department got budget cuts.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post

I actually have no response because this about sums up this forum.

5+ Year Old Account
    I actually have no response because this about sums up this forum.
    he is right tho
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

7+ Year Old Account
    Guys.... wheres the pre patch event? Is there none this time around?
    There's always a pre-patch, why would you assume otherwise?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Wrath Classic prepatch had Death Knights from day one.
    Ye, i don't think a brand new race/class is comparable to a re-release of a class from 14 years ago.

Formerly known as Arafal

Well I'll still want my evoker up for a week or two if only to gear them up!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well I'll still want my evoker up for a week or two if only to gear them up!
    yeah im actually preparing all of my toons for this
    i want all of them around 270 so the leveling experience isnt terrible

So now that we have some music, what are peoples opinion on the intro theme?
    Personally a bit underwhelming to my tastes, but curious what others have to say about it.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    So now that we have some music, what are peoples opinion on the intro theme?
    Personally a bit underwhelming to my tastes, but curious what others have to say about it.
    I really like it. I wish it was longer though.

It's also annoying seeing people say "ya never listen to the song for more than 10s anyway". Like, dude... that never actually happened, even before the instant login. No one actually listened to it unless they really wanted to or if they listened to it on youtube. The login themes are usually for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post

It's also annoying seeing people say "ya never listen to the song for more than 10s anyway". Like, dude... that never actually happened, even before the instant login. No one actually listened to it unless they really wanted to or if they listened to it on youtube. The login themes are usually for those people.
    I would say the first 10 seconds are important to give a good feel for the expansion. SL starting with the same theme for when you are dead was a brilliant touch for instance.
    Maybe I'm just not into this particular brand of intro. I prefer a more bombastic one like The Shattering, or Before the Storm.

- - - Updated - - -

I get why it feels short though. Usually we would have gotten some snippets of other themes used in the expansion. BfA having the themes of Zuldazar for instance. I didnt really get the impression that this one did the same, unless we can expect to hear it in Valdrakken or something.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post

Plus they are the main promotional audio of the expansion.
    People who enjoy the art of the game, especially the music, often enjoyed it outside the game. I often listen to gaming music to relax because there is so much amazing music written for games. Plus it's great for my D&D sessions.