1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    So you want it to launch in an extremely broken state then

If ppl want to avoid spoilers for a patch two weeks away I think it is pretty easy
    I actually have no response because this about sums up this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I actually have no response because this about sums up this forum.
    he is right tho
    MS. MARVEL will return in The Marvels ✨

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Guys.... wheres the pre patch event? Is there none this time around?
    There's always a pre-patch, why would you assume otherwise?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Wrath Classic prepatch had Death Knights from day one.
    Ye, i don't think a brand new race/class is comparable to a re-release of a class from 14 years ago.

Formerly known as Arafal

Well I'll still want my evoker up for a week or two if only to gear them up!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well I'll still want my evoker up for a week or two if only to gear them up!
    yeah im actually preparing all of my toons for this
    i want all of them around 270 so the leveling experience isnt terrible

So now that we have some music, what are peoples opinion on the intro theme?
    Personally a bit underwhelming to my tastes, but curious what others have to say about it.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    So now that we have some music, what are peoples opinion on the intro theme?
    Personally a bit underwhelming to my tastes, but curious what others have to say about it.
    I really like it. I wish it was longer though.

It's also annoying seeing people say "ya never listen to the song for more than 10s anyway". Like, dude... that never actually happened, even before the instant login. No one actually listened to it unless they really wanted to or if they listened to it on youtube. The login themes are usually for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post

It's also annoying seeing people say "ya never listen to the song for more than 10s anyway". Like, dude... that never actually happened, even before the instant login. No one actually listened to it unless they really wanted to or if they listened to it on youtube. The login themes are usually for those people.
    I would say the first 10 seconds are important to give a good feel for the expansion. SL starting with the same theme for when you are dead was a brilliant touch for instance.
    Maybe I'm just not into this particular brand of intro. I prefer a more bombastic one like The Shattering, or Before the Storm.

- - - Updated - - -

I get why it feels short though. Usually we would have gotten some snippets of other themes used in the expansion. BfA having the themes of Zuldazar for instance. I didnt really get the impression that this one did the same, unless we can expect to hear it in Valdrakken or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post

Plus they are the main promotional audio of the expansion.
    People who enjoy the art of the game, especially the music, often enjoyed it outside the game. I often listen to gaming music to relax because there is so much amazing music written for games. Plus it's great for my D&D sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    nope.. has to happen about 2 weeks before launch which would be the 15th
    Based on what? The Legion prepatch that was 6 (7?) weeks long?

In other news:

I wonder if Grant Kirkhope is still involved in Dragonflight. His pieces in Shadowlands were some of the best in the expansions (Torghast, Maw Track, Revendreth Track, helped with Nathria) and while I initially expected them to suffer from the One-Trick Pony syndrome that all his other tracks suffer from, they are actually quite diverse and distinctive (even though the Torghast songs are dreading dangerously close to Gruntildas Lair).

He might've been busy with Mario + Rabbids, but it would be a shame.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2022-10-12 at 08:59 AM.

I get why it feels short though. Usually we would have gotten some snippets of other themes used in the expansion. BfA having the themes of Zuldazar for instance. I didnt really get the impression that this one did the same, unless we can expect to hear it in Valdrakken or something.
    I think they usually sample most if not all of the expansion zones during the intro.

I think they usually sample most if not all of the expansion zones during the intro.
    Maybe it's more apparent once we actually have the other themes to compare it to. Should probably not be hasty on declaring it boring in that aspect.

I would say the first 10 seconds are important to give a good feel for the expansion. SL starting with the same theme for when you are dead was a brilliant touch for instance.
    Maybe I'm just not into this particular brand of intro. I prefer a more bombastic one like The Shattering, or Before the Storm.
    The Shattering one is amazing. It's my favourite one along with the Wrath one.
    People who enjoy the art of the game, especially the music, often enjoyed it outside the game. I often listen to gaming music to relax because there is so much amazing music written for games. Plus it's great for my D&D sessions.
    I agree, I rarely ever sat down to listen to the music at the login screen, I always do it outside of the game.

I often listen to WoW soundtracks during work, and to be honest, the long intro tunes with zone music baked in are my least favourite ones - simply because you get to listen to full zone music on those soundtracks anyway. Not sure if it will stay like this (may still be a placeholder until they have all the music to do a proper one), but if it does, I won't shed a tear. A short, 3 minutes intro is enough for me, the zone snippets feel redundant when you listen to the full soundtrack.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I wonder if Grant Kirkhope is still involved in Dragonflight.
    Nowhere to be seen on the credits list.

Music Director
    Derek Duke

Audio, Music
    Adam Burgess
    Jon Everist
    Leo Kaliski
    Jake Lefkowitz
    Catherine Nguyen
    Ted Reedy
    Glenn Stafford

Additional Composers
    Neal Acree David Arkenstone

Orchestration
    M.W. Alexander, Penka Kouneva, and the Composers
    Last edited by Rageonit; 2022-10-12 at 09:18 AM.

Bit of a random question but I assume the gold missions from the mission table stop with the pre patch?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    nope.. has to happen about 2 weeks before launch which would be the 15th
    It doesn’t “has to happen about 2 weeks before launch” at all. All that’s been said is that they’ll be available during the pre-patch, and seeing as that’s a month before the launch, it really wouldn’t make a difference if they were available straight away. Nothing “has to happen” at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    Bit of a random question but I assume the gold missions from the mission table stop with the pre patch?
    Always done so before, so I don't see why this one would be any different.
    Though then again, we don't get a new variant of the mission table, so maybe they won't bother.

I would assume they will be removed though, so get your easy gold now.

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    Heavy nerf yes

I thought so, same with patterns for patterns and replenishing the reservoir? They both have large gold rewards and it’s be a pain if it felt like it was worth going back and still doing them
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Heavy nerf yes
    Not just nerf, usually they are transformed into a different resource entirely. We don't have a generic Resource like in WoD-BfA so maybe they'll be changed to equivalent Anima missions?