Beta down, build today.

Quote Originally Posted by Padwarle View Post
    Beta down, build today.
    I hope so
    Though my testing is essentially done now I'm just farming materials doing profession stuff since herbs are selling for 900k each because it is alpha and people want tons of gold on characters that get wiped in a month

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I don't think that's fair. It's not infrequently that MMO-Champion or any other forum will speak well of a good and sustainable decision, and it is similarly not infrequently that the playerbase clearly articulates the need for something to change or not to change, and in the latter case it is certainly not their fault that Blizzard fails to account for this complaint. The playerbase is not always consistent, and they're not often very articulate, but there are many complaints regarding the current state of WoW which are entirely valid.
    Forums, both official and unofficial, tend to be aggregations of criticism and, well, general negativity in my experience. Mostly I think that's just an unfortunate quirk of the human condition as opposed to a reflection on the overall player base or anything, though. When people are happy or genuinely enjoying themselves they don't tend to provide much in the way of feedback beyond vague statements like "it's good," or "I like it." But unhappy people tend to be voluble and go on at length about what's irritating them, and provide a lot of feedback compared to happy people - not all of it constructive, and a lot of not very helpful, either. Feedback is always a QA nightmare for developers and engineers because if the product is generally good you'll get a drip feed of middling comments which can inadvertently hide flaws or issues in your work that aren't often encountered. And if it's got problems you'll get a torrent of feedback from your users, so much so that you'll need a serious filter to get much in the way of actionable or useful info.

Forums more or less reflect this trait in people, and while there are exceptions to the rule, they're mostly just that: exceptions. I don't take forum communities as a reflection of the game community directly, as they tend to have their own subcultures and their own ways of viewing the subject of whatever the forum is about. Official forums, by and large, tend to be worse than fan forums for negativity as well, but both generally skew negative (again, in my experience).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Atriel View Post
    Was this ever an actual Blizzard announced feature anywhere, or was it just something that was datamined on wowhead where they made an article hyping it up as just speculation?
    Ion Hazzikostas, Game Director said:
    Ongoing expansion and customization of it is something we are looking to do certainly by Dragonflight, possibly before then is rolling a lot of the white and grey quality items into the transmog system so that you can choose from a lot of simpler, humbler civilian attire-type looks. We want to keep adding in more options for customization and self-expression.
    From an interview summarized here: https://www.wowhead.com/news/dragonf...lessons-326775

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Dragonflight probably has a lot more hype solely from the fact there is no major system gimmick grind this time around.
    It's just ye good old RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Nov 16 for Dracthyr, well, disappointed
    I mean the Legion prepatch came out well before DH's and Legion invasions happened. IIRC it was released Mid July 2016 and DH's and invasions didn't happen till like Mid August lol. So its pretty standard yo.

The one thing that does disappoint me is that we have not had the soundtrack release yet this close to release, like what gives? Makes me worried that they might outsource royalty free.

Quote Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
    I mean the Legion prepatch came out well before DH's and Legion invasions happened. IIRC it was released Mid July 2016 and DH's and invasions didn't happen till like Mid August lol. So its pretty standard yo.
    ??? Legion Invasions started way before you could play Demon Hunters. The full 6 weeks if I can remember. I leveled up about 10 characters, just through invasions.

They probably intended the Dragonflight event to be active right away, but moved to the following date because the playtest was a huge disaster. Lots of games crashing.

Todays build is so good i cant even zoom in the minimap without crashing

The one thing that does disappoint me is that we have not had the soundtrack release yet this close to release, like what gives? Makes me worried that they might outsource royalty free.
    Both David Arkenstone and Neal Acree have confirmed they've worked on some of the music for Dragonflight. So I doubt there's going to be a drop in quality at all.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    ??? Legion Invasions started way before you could play Demon Hunters. The full 6 weeks if I can remember. I leveled up about 10 characters, just through invasions.

They probably intended the Dragonflight event to be active right away, but moved to the following date because the playtest was a huge disaster. Lots of games crashing.
    Well, as usual you are wrong.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/the-leg...july-19-254192

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Forums, both official and unofficial, tend to be aggregations of criticism and, well, general negativity in my experience. Mostly I think that's just an unfortunate quirk of the human condition as opposed to a reflection on the overall player base or anything, though. When people are happy or genuinely enjoying themselves they don't tend to provide much in the way of feedback beyond vague statements like "it's good," or "I like it." But unhappy people tend to be voluble and go on at length about what's irritating them, and provide a lot of feedback compared to happy people - not all of it constructive, and a lot of not very helpful, either. Feedback is always a QA nightmare for developers and engineers because if the product is generally good you'll get a drip feed of middling comments which can inadvertently hide flaws or issues in your work that aren't often encountered. And if it's got problems you'll get a torrent of feedback from your users, so much so that you'll need a serious filter to get much in the way of actionable or useful info.

Forums more or less reflect this trait in people, and while there are exceptions to the rule, they're mostly just that: exceptions. I don't take forum communities as a reflection of the game community directly, as they tend to have their own subcultures and their own ways of viewing the subject of whatever the forum is about. Official forums, by and large, tend to be worse than fan forums for negativity as well, but both generally skew negative (again, in my experience).
    Well, I suppose that is a fair statement. However, I am still concerned that in the instance of a backlash against general negativity in any capacity we could see a sort of stifling of legitimate criticism, as well. It is absolutely true that WoW's userbase in general has a habit of saying "no, I hate it, bad" without providing any further elaboration and often completely contradictory to prior claims made on an individual level. There is, of course, plenty of garbage to shift through, but I do think that there are times where public outcry does reflect a problem—see all the fairly-warranted bitching about the Nightborne designs, for instance. Those were hideous, I think. Similarly, everybody bitched and moaned about Covenants as a concept. Initially it was your standard forum shlock, as no data had come in regarding how Covenants actually played, but once the time came around people ended up with a fairly good understanding of the issues with the system and its design flaws.

I suppose it is partially the caustic nature of such complaints that serve to prevent Blizzard from taking them to heart, but just as much I feel like there's a degree to which they can be inattentive. Then again, I suppose there's not much use in being concerned since MMO-Champion is a user forum, as opposed to an official forum which the developers are more inclined to watch and read—this is probably why all the leaks and whatnot happen here. As a result, any feedback given here tends to be serve only as an object of further discussion among other players. Without much in the way of Blizzard oversight, inadequate feedback is less of a problem than it would be otherwise.

Still, your point is completely correct. It is admittedly true that positive feedback tends to be substantially less detailed than negative feedback, and that negative feedback is often more caustic than constructive on the internet, though I have seen a good degree of decent general feedback being given online, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I still don't get why Soar cannot just be the Running Wild equivalent to Dragonriding. They talk about giving it its own niche, but it's still a downgrade over just using a regular dragonriding mount. The only benefit I can see is that your hitbox is smaller.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I still don't get why Soar cannot just be the Running Wild equivalent to Dragonriding. They talk about giving it its own niche, but it's still a downgrade over just using a regular dragonriding mount. The only benefit I can see is that your hitbox is smaller.
    Doesn't it work in old content? I would say its pretty good advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Doesn't it work in old content? I would say its pretty good advantage.
    It does. Also one can assume that since it works everywhere, it MAY also work in future expansions. And if those expansions don't have any form of flying on release day, it will be indeed a great advantage.
    Still, the perks work only in DF content, so even if Drachyrs will be able to Soar in future expansions, it will be on a longish CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    It does. Also one can assume that since it works everywhere, it MAY also work in future expansions. And if those expansions don't have any form of flying on release day, it will be indeed a great advantage.
    Still, the perks work only in DF content, so even if Drachyrs will be able to Soar in future expansions, it will be on a longish CD.
    Soar only works in areas where you can fly. Any future expansion with limited flying at launch will not have soar available before pathfinder comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Soar only works in areas where you can fly. Any future expansion with limited flying at launch will not have soar available before pathfinder comes in.
    Way to shatter my hopes!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    After all the positivity around dragonriding I would be surprised if we ever get an expansion with limited flying at launch again. That said, we would also have thought that artifact weapons would be a thing going forwards ...

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    After all the positivity around dragonriding I would be surprised if we ever get an expansion with limited flying at launch again. That said, we would also have thought that artifact weapons would be a thing going forwards ...
    Artifacts would have required significant effort to reproduce in each expansion. At retooling the artifact talents every single expansion, not to mention the question of whether to never give new weapon appearances based on location again.

Dragonriding just requires resetting the talents when you go to a new area.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah no music right now is weird