10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'm still surprised we did not get Tel'abim as an Island Expedition
    I was convinced it was going to be a Dragon Isles zone. I was assuming the Dragon Isles would be flying amongst the clouds, and Tel'Abim would have been the jungle zone of the expansion, complete with a follow-up on those flying hozen.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I was talking about Avaloren. Not the DI
    I feel avaloren will be where we get anduin back simply because he's the Arthur style character

They can certainly expand Tel'abim but I agree that it doesn't seem like much for a full expansion.

Avaloren sounds possible though. But as I love Arthurian and fae themes, I may be a bit too hopeful for a whole expansion around it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    I feel avaloren will be where we get anduin back simply because he's the Arthur style character
    WoW has never really done a straight up Arthurian pastiche. I would welcome it. Might even get to see my namesake in it!

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I was talking about Avaloren. Not the DI

we always assumed there was an entire side of azeroth that we know nothing about. I remember the red shirt guy at blizzcon asking blizzard about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    They both sound like single zone ideas, maybe two each at a stretch.
    Undermine is said to be large, but it's still effectively just the goblin capital, there are limits to how large you can make a wow city before it stretches credibility.
    Tel'abim meanwhile is essentially a joke location, and while i don't see a problem with it being a zone, i think it's an issue to have carry an expansion.

Really lots of these locations would fit into a south Seas expansion along with other single zone ideas like Plunder isle. However not of these got taken by BfA, and I find it difficult to assume we will have another island based expansion after BfA took most of the good ideas.
    I'll take, "What is Pandaria" for 500. I know Samwise and TBC devs had some ideas but the idea was 100% a joke at the beginning in WC3.

They can definitely take an existing name of something of an unknown size (Shadowlands, Kul'tiras to Kul Tiras) and stretch it out into a whole continent if they want.

Avaloren could be a new continent but it could also be the area that is not highlighted on the Dragon Isles map. It could just be an invisible island cloaked similarly to the DI themselves. We know Underground Isles are likely 10.1 and the new lore books tease the Dwarves there, so Avaloren may be tied to Dragonflight.

Additionally, Avaloren may be tied to "New Avalon" from Wrath, and we know the Scarlets are coming back... maybe their new (or old) base of operations? After all, where was the first Avalon?
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2022-10-21 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    11.0 will be intresting because after Dragon Isles they run out of every "Vanilla" content they could give us. Now it's down to completely new planets/realms or some cosmic bullshittery. And that's the point I dread, because it completely leaves the "Warcraft" aspect behind. Shadowlands and to a lesser extent WoD has already been such an outlier. WoD at least felt like Warcraft, Shadowlands absolutely not.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, some specs have become so complex and overcomplicated, which is a huge complaint in beta feedback threads as well. How am I supposed to play Shadow or Balance in Dragonflight? Not even guidewriters have found a conclusion yet. While a lot of variety and different playstyles is good, with some specs they just made it too difficult to have a straight forward playstyle.

While Devastation Evoker is the most boring and bland spec ever created (which relies on about 3-5 buttons in the normal rotation and has barely any in-depth interactions), specs like Shadow or Balance have like 10 buttons they constantly need to press plus another 5-10 ocasional abilities that interact with their playstyle. I don't know if this is a problem with hybrid specs only, but some of them are very straight-forward and don't have button bloat (Elemental Shaman for example) while others like the two mentioned or Enhancer have just so many buttons to press and passive interactions to juggle.

Right now I'm sitting here waiting for a guide, because I haven't played Shadow / Balance quite some time and I'm a bit out of the loop, but PTR was completely overwhemling me with options to play both. And yet guidewriters can't figure it out either.

How y'all approaching this?
    Balance has one new button and that is the mushroom.

If there are any new continents they will be tied to existing lore and themes, just like how Dragon Isles is propped up by centaurs, tuskarr etc beyond the dragons. Shadowlands already did this, even if it was criticized as being too alien (each zone besides Oribos is related to something existing on Azeroth).

Hence why Avaloren being connected to the Scarlets isn't a big jump IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    WoW has never really done a straight up Arthurian pastiche. I would welcome it. Might even get to see my namesake in it!
    Arthas is the dark take on Arthur. Prince gets a magical sword and brings his country to ruin.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Bsirk View Post
    Remember when we had ourselves from the future come and help? It'll be cool to go back and be the guy from the future. lol
    We already did that. If you go to Chromie again as a lvl 80 toon she gives you a quest to go help your past self.

So your level 74 or whatever toon gets help from your lvl 80 toon.

11.0 will be intresting because after Dragon Isles they run out of every "Vanilla" content they could give us. Now it's down to completely new planets/realms or some cosmic bullshittery. And that's the point I dread, because it completely leaves the "Warcraft" aspect behind. Shadowlands and to a lesser extent WoD has already been such an outlier. WoD at least felt like Warcraft, Shadowlands absolutely not.
    But why? Dragon Isles was just an idea really, we had one picture with an octopus thing and I doubt that's even going to be in the game. If you're talking about Azeroth in general they are never going to leave Azeroth completely behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    10.0: Primalists escape, but MAYBE Raszageth dies?

10.1: New zone. New raid. Maybe Galakrond? Maybe just the rest of the Primalists?

10.2: New Zone and New Raid. Final boss is either Murozond or Galakrond.

Idk if there is gonna be a 10.3 or not.

1̶1̶.̶0̶:̶ ̶O̶r̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶R̶e̶a̶l̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶Z̶e̶r̶e̶t̶h̶ ̶O̶r̶d̶u̶s̶.̶ ̶M̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ ̶L̶i̶f̶e̶ ̶R̶e̶a̶l̶m̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶T̶i̶m̶e̶l̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶M̶u̶l̶t̶i̶v̶e̶r̶s̶e̶ ̶B̶S̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶O̶r̶d̶e̶r̶?̶ ̶I̶d̶k̶.̶.̶.̶
    11.0: Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms Revamped, racial story branches developed, cities revamped, and more settlements for Allied Races.

LET'S F... GO!

7+ Year Old Account
    Last five days of Shadowlands!
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The bit about the Reclamation of Gilneas happening and wanting players to experience it makes it sound very probable for a Kalimdor/EK (or at least EK) expansion to some extent coming up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I forgot Undermine (and Tel'Abim), but I have a hard time imagining them as a location for an expansion, especially with biomes that are very much like Zandalar / Dragon Isles (most likely).
    You can make Undermine into a continent-sized city. Each zone could be a section of the city:

Harbor/Seaside district: Massive harbor with ships, shops, dive bars and taverns. A haven for pirates and merchants alike. The Horde arrive on one side and the alliance another.
    City center and Uptown: Heart of the city where the seat of government rests. It's full of high-rises and various buildings. Here is where you'll find the major trade guilds like the Tinker's Union and the Alchemist's Guild. Additionally this is where you'll find the Trade Princes' lavish palaces.
    Industrial Zone: Area full of factories and mines. The industrial backbone of Goblin technology, alongside their slave pens.
    The Slums: An area where the poor and starving congregate in Sluice towns. This area is divided by rival gangs lords.
    The Sewers: Undermine's massive sewer complex is a city beneath a city.
    The Park: A massive nature preserve within the city where various creatures but natural, and unnatural live and thrive.

That's six zones with some diverse areas. I'm sure Blizzard could come up with more.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You can make Undermine into a continent-sized city. Each zone could be a section of the city:

Harbor/Seaside district: Massive harbor with ships, shops, dive bars and taverns. A haven for pirates and merchants alike. The Horde arrive on one side and the alliance another.
    City center and Uptown: Heart of the city where the seat of government rests. It's full of high-rises and various buildings. Here is where you'll find the major trade guilds like the Tinker's Union and the Alchemist's Guild. Additionally this is where you'll find the Trade Princes' lavish palaces.
    Industrial Zone: Area full of factories and mines. The industrial backbone of Goblin technology, alongside their slave pens.
    The Slums: An area where the poor and starving congregate in Sluice towns. This area is divided by rival gangs lords.
    The Sewers: Undermine's massive sewer complex is a city beneath a city.
    The Park: A massive nature preserve within the city where various creatures but natural, and unnatural live and thrive.

That's six zones with some diverse areas. I'm sure Blizzard could come up with more.
    Please no.. We don't need an expansion gadgetzan. I'd much rather have some originality.

Much rather see some stuff from other planes. So much things they can do with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Arthas is the dark take on Arthur. Prince gets a magical sword and brings his country to ruin.
    That’s not specifically Arthurian, though. Though some tropes may originate in Arthurian legend, they’ve become so generalized that you can hardly call them an homage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    The bit about the Reclamation of Gilneas happening and wanting players to experience it makes it sound very probable for a Kalimdor/EK (or at least EK) expansion to some extent coming up.
    Bellular made an interesting video a while ago about a possible World Revamp.

#TeamWorldRevamp getting traction!

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post

Not happening. Our lord and never wrong oracle said that yrel is 100% the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post

Those updated old world assets like the buildings and towers is the biggest hint I think. They are codenamed "frontier" in the files and there are some WIP pieces like Horde gates. And as we've seen in DI they aren't relevant to the DI continent.

Frontier COULD be a "build your own area" type thing though.
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2022-10-21 at 06:35 PM.